+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1552Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Thanks for the heads up about home town! I will have to check it out!

Iíve watched all the house hunters - outside the box and enjoyed them very much. They take clients to see properties that are not houses. The clients want to renovate the buildings and turn them into houses. Among the structures are a theatre, bank, barn, dairy processing plant, car dealership, etc.

Iíd really like to see the spaces after renovations!
    Miss_Griss and Kao like this.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    I’ve watched all the house hunters - outside the box and enjoyed them very much. They take clients to see properties that are not houses. The clients want to renovate the buildings and turn them into houses. Among the structures are a theatre, bank, barn, dairy processing plant, car dealership, etc.

I’d really like to see the spaces after renovations!
    I love that show! How many episodes does it have? I've only seen 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about home town! I will have to check it out!

I’ve watched all the house hunters - outside the box and enjoyed them very much. They take clients to see properties that are not houses. The clients want to renovate the buildings and turn them into houses. Among the structures are a theatre, bank, barn, dairy processing plant, car dealership, etc.

I’d really like to see the spaces after renovations!
    That does look interesting!
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

My on demand lists 5 episodes as of today. Not sure if there are more to come.
    karna68 likes this.

https://www.facebook.com/HGTVHouseHu...6809190731460/

Bend Oregon. A couple had 700K to buy and renovate the building. They bought a huge building, which looked like a budget buster to me. No floors on the first floor, part of the back of the building was missing or boarded up. Lots of water damage. And thereís a cable holding the outside walls together!

I figure a new roof would be 100K, structural engineering for the building would be 100K, floors for main floor would be 100K. They could go through half a million dollars just to meet building codes.

Kao

Yes, but the bones of that building were fantastic. I'm glad they picked that building. They are also planning to convert the second floor into loft apartments, so they will have income coming in.
    woodiedog likes this.

Really liked Fixer Upper this week. I like the use of the taupe colored cabinets, taupe subway tile in the bathroom and the taupe patterned tile in the shower insert. Outstanding use of the black trim for the doors and windows. Very creative use of shelving instead of the original black metal window room divider Joanna originally imagined. I like how they enclosed that little porch and made it a combination mud room, laundry room and office. Totally luv'ed the built in banquet, the narrow table (gave me ideas) for the kitchen eat in area. Liked the u shaped kitchen and that Joanna got the client that work table instead of an island. Liked the tile backsplash, the entire color palette and style of the home gives of a very subtle French Country look. Amazing what you can do with a 1600 sq ft home with a little retooling of the floor space.

Masters of Flip was also good and nice to see the use of blond wood flooring and the teal/turquoise and coral palette. Maybe it was between Teal and Turquoise but I luv'ed the colored island it was fabulous, and a good size.

Flip or Flop Fort Worth, first time that the kitchen backsplash and the bathroom accent tile did not horrify me.

Restored by the Fords, watched the second episode with the young couple in that huge Victorian. I am sorry just not feeling the show.
    waywyrd and Miss_Griss like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I loved Fixer Upper this week too, that house looked fantastic. I've liked them all this season, to be honest.

And Restored by the Fords is off my list. I can't get into it, and I didn't like what they did with that Victorian.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Restored by the Fords is off my list too. Something about the sister that drives me crazy and I didn't like most of what they did with that house.

Flip or Flop Fort Worth wasn't bad but with no more money than they make in profit I wonder how they can continue to do it unless they have a big line of credit.

I like Fixer Uppers style. There are times I am not crazy about something they do. I am not a big fan of ship lap.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Restored by the Fords - I didn't particularly like Fixer Upper when it first started or I should say I really didn't like Joanna's distressed style, I hate distressed furniture, and it took me a long time to appreciate her country farm style. So I am willing to give shows a chance, some I watch to hate like Flip or Flop Atlanta and with distaste Flip or Flop Fort Worth but there is something really off with Restored by the Fords, maybe the editing and what they do with the homes. There are too many better shows out there.
    waywyrd likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread