+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1433Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    Don't think I will be watching this one wasn't crazy about their style.
    While I liked the master bedroom to master closet to bathroom flow and liked the black and white look, where was the storage, there was so much open space but where do you put the TP and shampoo? On those flimsy shelves over the sinks? It is such a big bathroom but it felt a bit of a wasted space.

When they vaulted the ceiling in the main body of the house all I could think of was won't it be cold with no insulation?
    nennie likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Don't think I will be watching this one wasn't crazy about their style.
    I didn't love that first show, either. I'll watch another one to give it a chance, but if I feel the same way about the second reno....it's off my watch list.

That cracked driveway in Flip or Flop irritated me, too!
    Bearcata likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Chip is looking mighty grungy these days; his hair is too long and the beard is not appealing.
    What up with that? Why should he be depressed? If he is doing something seedy, replace him.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I didn't love that first show, either. I'll watch another one to give it a chance, but if I feel the same way about the second reno....it's off my watch list.

That cracked driveway in Flip or Flop irritated me, too!
    I will try to catch another one and see if they do any better

What drives me nuts is when the camera pans in on trim that looks like it has 5 coats of paint on it, trim boards are probably one of the cheapest things to replace. Geez so you lost a 100$ on trim board. If they skimp on that makes me wonder what else they skimp on. I realize they are flips but for the amount of money they want out of them at least make the fascade look good. Maybe I am to picky.
    waywyrd likes this.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Anyone else read the articles stating that viewers with medical knowledge are concerned something might be wrong with Chip and Joanna's baby, given the ultrasound pix that she posted?

'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip & Joanna Gaines' Ultrasound Reveals Potentially Serious Problem | TMZ.com

Kao

Erin from Hometown had her baby! They named it Helen. I like that couple very much, and glad their show is coming back on.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    Anyone else read the articles stating that viewers with medical knowledge are concerned something might be wrong with Chip and Joanna's baby, given the ultrasound pix that she posted?

'Fixer Upper' Stars Chip & Joanna Gaines' Ultrasound Reveals Potentially Serious Problem | TMZ.com
    I think that's really crappy to discuss someone's ultrasound in public like that. TMZ has always sucked, but this is a new low. Can you imagine how you'd feel if that were your baby? (Generic question. Not for you specifically.)

As for Chip's long hair wasn't he growing it out for some charity thing where they shaved it off about a month ago?
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 01-06-2018 at 10:24 PM.
    dagwood and woodiedog like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I will try to catch another one and see if they do any better

What drives me nuts is when the camera pans in on trim that looks like it has 5 coats of paint on it, trim boards are probably one of the cheapest things to replace. Geez so you lost a 100$ on trim board. If they skimp on that makes me wonder what else they skimp on. I realize they are flips but for the amount of money they want out of them at least make the fascade look good. Maybe I am to picky.
    Thank you, I noticed that too especially on the windows, it really bothered me and just screamed cheap, cheap, cheap, and cutting corners.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    As for Chip's long hair wasn't he growing it out for some charity thing where they shaved it off about a month ago?
    I think I heard that somewhere as well.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Kao

The season premiere of Hometown was last night. I really enjoy what this couple does for people that don't have a huge renovation budget. It was really sweet of Ben to make furniture that reminded the wife of her family home in Virginia, and the reuse of the wood they found when renovating the bathroom was nice. Ben made a pair of porch swings out of it. Erin seems like she really takes her clients taste in mind while furnishing the house, and she found a sweet iron bed and boxes from the 30s-50s that were hung on the walls as shelves for the Master bedroom. The front porch looked so much better once they got rid of the awning and glass that encased it. I'm not fond of wooden countertops in the kitchen, but Ben made them from scratch, and the couple liked them because they were in their budget.

Ultimately, I liked the little house and what they did to it. Ben and Erin are a really sweet couple, and I hate that people compare them to the Gaines.
    woodiedog likes this.

+ Reply to Thread