+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1445Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    just waiting for them to announce the magnolia baby room decorating line.
    I think you might be on to something, dreamonia!!!
    Miss_Griss likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1 View Post
    The house turned out nice but it is only a 4 bedroom house. I don't see them living there for to long with 6 kids.
    Seriously? We had a 3 bedroom home with 5 kids. Kids never had their own rooms when I grew up unless you were the oldest or the only girl/boy in the family. I think its great for kids to share a room. They learn about compromise when rooms are shared. I had 4 boys in one large room and until we moved to a larger home when they were teens did the oldest 2 have their own rooms. That house was very roomy and they definitely could have 6 kids there.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliehorse View Post
    Seriously? We had a 3 bedroom home with 5 kids. Kids never had their own rooms when I grew up unless you were the oldest or the only girl/boy in the family. I think its great for kids to share a room. They learn about compromise when rooms are shared. I had 4 boys in one large room and until we moved to a larger home when they were teens did the oldest 2 have their own rooms. That house was very roomy and they definitely could have 6 kids there.
    I totally agree, when we were little all three of us shared a room. It wasn't until I moved to Virginia and was renting an apartment and was told that each child needed their own room. Huh, well I couldn't afford for each child to have their own room. When we visited our cousins there were 8 kids and 3 rooms. I think the concept a small child should have it's own room is relatively modern concept.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Flip or Flop Ft Worth had a new show this week. They were flipping a house in Twin Oaks Texas. A little too much brown in the staging. The fireplace looked great painted and with the wood shelving. My big pet peeve in the Flip Flop shows is when they don't upgrade a very old cracked, pitted, holed driveway. It looks awful. My other pet peeve is when they cut the branches off trees and leave a a 1 or 2 foot limb just hanging there, a very obvious cut.
    waywyrd, momrek06 and nennie like this.

HGTV premiered a new show Restored by the Fords . Very eclectic style. The rope banister was not to my taste. I just wonder how what looked very much like a traditional story and a half brick home read mid century modern to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Flip or Flop Ft Worth had a new show this week. They were flipping a house in Twin Oaks Texas. A little too much brown in the staging. The fireplace looked great painted and with the wood shelving. My big pet peeve in the Flip Flop shows is when they don't upgrade a very old cracked, pitted, holed driveway. It looks awful. My other pet peeve is when they cut the branches off trees and leave a a 1 or 2 foot limb just hanging there, a very obvious cut.
    They all do that in so many HGTV shows....from PB's to FUpper to all the other Flip or Flops.

And I agree, when REVO is complete and the house looks lovely and even the landscaping but then the walk way OR the drive way looks awful.
    KAREN

HGTV is airing the last several episodes of Masters of Flip early Tuesday mornings. I love what this couple does to a house. I luv listening to their conversations about what to do. Totally luv the staging. While I really don't like a dark ebony wooden floor as it shows all the dust, with the walls painted white, and lots of neutrals and textures the pop of blue was just the right touch. I like the idea of painting the porch ceiling a pale blue.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    They all do that in so many HGTV shows....from PB's to FUpper to all the other Flip or Flops.

And I agree, when REVO is complete and the house looks lovely and even the landscaping but then the walk way OR the drive way looks awful.
    Seriously, with asphalt you can fill in the cracks and then have them seal it. It's not perfect but better then leaving that way. You can do a skim coat on concrete to refresh it.
    Miss_Griss and momrek06 like this.

Seriously, with asphalt you can fill in the cracks and then have them seal it. It's not perfect but better then leaving that way. You can do a skim coat on concrete to refresh it.
    EXACTLY!!!

And oops, I should have typed RENO.
    KAREN

HGTV premiered a new show Restored by the Fords . Very eclectic style. The rope banister was not to my taste. I just wonder how what looked very much like a traditional story and a half brick home read mid century modern to them?
    Don't think I will be watching this one wasn't crazy about their style.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread