+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1393Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I was so excited last night to discover that I could watch episode 1 of Drew's Honeymoon Dream Home on the HGTV site. So it was very disappointing tonight when I sat down to watch episode 2 and discovered that it isn't available yet. I wonder what their rules are for when they start showing an episode. I'm so bummed!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

They had a marathon a week ago and this past week showed the guest rooms being done. I don't know if there is more, other than landscaping, before the big party. I was also wondering if this was filmed during or before Drew appeared on DWTS.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I do not mind the cornflower blue cabinets the blue is so pale that it grounds the kitchen. Since they were going for a cottage Tudor look and feel I don't mind the rock back splash and walls and it looked good against all the space. With all the walls and ceiling painted white as well as the white rocks and white (mostly) countertops they needed that pop of color and they got it with the blue cabinets and green glass light fixtures.

I did find it a bit strange that they did not have at least two full bathrooms with one dedicated to the master bathroom as all the bedrooms were a good size.
    I watched the episode again and they could have taken a bit of space from the home office as it backed into the master bedroom and the hallbath and powder room. I know they might have had to move some plumbing but they could have had a dedicated master bathroom and a full hall bath and still have a home office. Yes, the may have had to move the one front window but still I don't get why they didn't try especially when they had the house down to the studs.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Gawd, I didn't think the wife on last night's Fixer Upper was going to like anything. That ranch looked like a totally different house when they were done...I liked the rock wall in the master and those big shutters they put on the windows. And all the wood accents. It still looked very 'Joanna' but not so farmhouse-y.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Gawd, I didn't think the wife on last night's Fixer Upper was going to like anything. That ranch looked like a totally different house when they were done...I liked the rock wall in the master and those big shutters they put on the windows. And all the wood accents. It still looked very 'Joanna' but not so farmhouse-y.
    I was amazed and shocked at the difference of the outside of the house before and after, replacing the siding with stucco, putting in thick cedar posts, and headers and as roof accents and adding the shutter and new landscaping totally remakes the house. I also like the more modern, and I would call it a touch industrial but could see it as Mediterranean cabinets and finishes in the kitchen.
    waywyrd and Miss_Griss like this.

Flip and Flip Fort Worth was interesting redoing the Cape Cod style home. I did not know you could paint vinyl siding. This was the first flip home I have ever seen on the many shows I watch that was in really good condition on the inside. I wonder why the owner was so easy to convince to reduce the price of the home from 239,000 to 200,000? I think they added square footage by making the enclosed porch a master suite?

Was there a property brothers honey moon house episode this week?

Yes. and as I predicted it was the final show with landscaping. During the episode they put together a first dance (wedding) with Emma and Sasha. It was fun to see them. That was the first Drew mentioned being on DWTS.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I can't wait till more of the Honeymoon House is available on the HGTV site.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kao

I'm sad that Honeymoon House is over. They really did a good job on the house.
    Punkin likes this.

+ Reply to Thread