+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1393Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Kao

Re: HGTV Shows

Anyone watching House Hunters: Outside the Box?

As someone who is a fan of non-traditional housing, I'm loving this show! Every space is unique. Regular HH gets boring for me because most of the houses they look at are in the burbs and are very cookie cutter. If you are a fan of lofts and commercial space conversions I highly recommend this show!
    woodiedog likes this.

I havenít seen Outside the Box, but will definitely look for it! Thanks Kao!

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    Anyone watching House Hunters: Outside the Box?

As someone who is a fan of non-traditional housing, I'm loving this show! Every space is unique. Regular HH gets boring for me because most of the houses they look at are in the burbs and are very cookie cutter. If you are a fan of lofts and commercial space conversions I highly recommend this show!
    Watched last night, thought they would pick the schoolhouse, as the house husband really wanted a project. The Commercial space was way too big at 24,000 sq ft for a vacation home. Liked the church, I don't see how the husband thought the sanctuary was too feminine, because it had finished walls, windows, and a beautiful floor? Smart to rent the bottom part out.
    No goat killers on my island.

This week's Fixer Upper with the brick house and the Tudor style was fabulous. It really does not look that large when you face it from the front. I luv that Joanna did not enlarge those beautifully arched cased openings and simply added one to the kitchen. Luv the porch. I liked the tone on tone greys on the built in bookcases. The entire house seemed so elegant and refined. It is funny to see the pained look on Chip's face when they talk about JoJo's "hoarding" tendencies when it comes to large architectural elements like doors. Joanna still seems so incredibly relaxed and happy. So glad everyone was so on board to NOT paint the brick.
    waywyrd and Miss_Griss like this.

Property Brothers Honeymoon House.

Huge project and seems a total advertisement for Joss and Main to the point of ridiculousness. It is interesting to see Drew and Linda's style and I get the impression Drew is not sparring any expenses on his dream forever home. Does it seem weird that they put together such a large guest suite with it's own kitchen and laundry?

I did like the shower tile in the Jack and Jill bathroom upstairs and thought it was fun that they laid the tile at an angle. Very good tiler.

I wonder if they are thinking about a future where one or more of their parents will need to move in with them. It's all right for Jonathan now, but later it could be a granny suite.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Vintage Flip - Tudor in Claremont

I was so surprised that Jessie and Tina did not stucco the house. In the pics at the beginning of the show that's what it looked like. Luv'ed the vaulted ceiling it was simply A M A Z I N G. I do wonder though in the California and Texas homes where do people put stuff. Up North we have basements, homes are built on slabs in Cali and Texas so where do people put Christmas trees, ornaments, luggage etc ...

Liked the pale blue (cornflower blue) kitchen cabinets.

Luv'ed the island.

The bedrooms looked huge.

Main bath tile and color palette was nice.

Powder room floor and wallpaper. Either you like it or not, but it makes a statement.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

On last night's Vintage Flip, they reverted a tudor cottage style home back to a residence from the business it had been used for.
    With all the re-working of the interior being done and adding back 3 bedrooms, I do not understand why they could not squeeze in a small full bath instead of the powder room? Additionally, the only full bath had a beautiful shower, but no bathtub. Not ideal for a family with young children. I am surprised they did not have the en suite bath for the master bedroom; I thought it was de rigueur these days.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Hah Bearcata we were posting around the same time!

I loved the island and the vaulted ceiling as well. I did not like the cornflower blue cabinets, though, as I do not like painted cupboards.

What did you think of the white stone work for the walls and backsplash? I am still not sure what I think.

They did a nice job with landscaping.

As far as basements and attics or lack of...perhaps they store in a garage? My son has no basement, attic, or garage and had to buy a storage shed.

Last edited by Eastcoastmom; 12-15-2017 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Hah Bearcata we were posting around the same time!

I loved the island and the vaulted ceiling as well. I did not like the cornflower blue cabinets, though, as I do not like painted cupboards.

What did you think of the white stone work for the walls and backsplash? I am still not sure what I think.

They did a nice job with landscaping.

As far as basements and attics or lack of...perhaps they store in a garage? My son has no basement, attic, or garage and had to buy a storage shed.

I do not mind the cornflower blue cabinets the blue is so pale that it grounds the kitchen. Since they were going for a cottage Tudor look and feel I don't mind the rock back splash and walls and it looked good against all the space. With all the walls and ceiling painted white as well as the white rocks and white (mostly) countertops they needed that pop of color and they got it with the blue cabinets and green glass light fixtures.

I did find it a bit strange that they did not have at least two full bathrooms with one dedicated to the master bathroom as all the bedrooms were a good size.

+ Reply to Thread