+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1544Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Watched the first episode of Drew's and Linda's renovation of their home in LA on Property Brothers.

Noticed Jonathan has lost some weight and changed his look again.

Seeing a lot of Linda, and the Scott parents.

Seeing lots of black, charcoal and navy blue with gold and brass accents. Luv'ed the renovated main staircase banister.

Big wake up call when you renovate and old house there will be problems that need to be fixed and will cost money. The only difference between regular folks and the brothers is that the brothers are probably aware and not surprised with all the problems and have a reasonable budget put aside for unforeseen items.
    I enjoyed the first episode and loved the old house they purchased. I can't say I was thrilled with what they chose as far as colors and furniture in the den/office but we all have different taste where decorating is concerned. (I didn't like the furnishings in the living room either.) $60,000 to shore up the foundation is a big price to pay, but they had no choice. Pocket doors and wood flooring choice were fabulous!!!

Anxious to see what happens with the rest of the remodeling project. I enjoy this family and it's great to see them all chip in to help. 12 weeks is/was a very short time for them to complete the entire job. Good thing they have connections with providers in that industry.

I think Linda seems like a great person and looks like a perfect fit for Drew's personality. Congrats to them!

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I enjoyed the first episode and loved the old house they purchased. I can't say I was thrilled with what they chose as far as colors and furniture in the den/office but we all have different taste where decorating is concerned. (I didn't like the furnishings in the living room either.) $60,000 to shore up the foundation is a big price to pay, but they had no choice. Pocket doors and wood flooring choice were fabulous!!!

Anxious to see what happens with the rest of the remodeling project. I enjoy this family and it's great to see them all chip in to help. 12 weeks is/was a very short time for them to complete the entire job. Good thing they have connections with providers in that industry.

I think Linda seems like a great person and looks like a perfect fit for Drew's personality. Congrats to them!
    Agree with the pocket doors and the floors.

Aaaaah to the powder room but that is very taste specific.

I do think for these shows they already know all the problems with the home and have all the designs and contractors lined up ahead of time and have double and triple crews standing by to work the issue. NO ONE in their right mind renovates a home that large and plans a wedding at the same time unless they are prepped for it and are doing it for a TV show. The foundation issues, termite damage, and possible knowledge of damaged floor were not a surprise to this couple.
    tinderbox likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Really enjoying Drew And Linda's Honeymoon House. I liked when Drew, Linda, Jonathan and Jacinta went cake tasting, it was good to see Jacinta. She's really cute with Jonathan. And JD coming to help out, and the parents. That would be nice if their wedding was televised but I can respect their privacy. I'm sure People will have lots of pics.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

That's interesting that Jonathan has lost weight. When Drew was on GMA (or whatever show they're on after DWS ends), he said that he'd lost so much weight that people would finally be able to tell them apart.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Kao

Watched D and L Honeymoon house last night, and THAT KITCHEN! I loved it so much, especially the conservatory windows and the black stove. It's really nice that the whole family pitched in to help with the house renovations. I like Drew and Linda together, and can't wait to see what part of the house they reno next.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    Really enjoying Drew And Linda's Honeymoon House. I liked when Drew, Linda, Jonathan and Jacinta went cake tasting, it was good to see Jacinta. She's really cute with Jonathan. And JD coming to help out, and the parents. That would be nice if their wedding was televised but I can respect their privacy. I'm sure People will have lots of pics.
    Who is Jacinta?

I always watch HGTV shows on the 2nd showing, so last night the Honeymoon house show aired at 12, I think. I started to watch but don't remember any cake testing. I saw the part about having to take soil samples to make sure the soil would be able to sustain a basement. Wow, what a rig they brought in!!! Crazy! Basements are pretty standard here in the NE...couldn't do without one.

Anyway, I was anxious to see how the kitchen turned out. So funny that a 3400 square foot home would have such a small kitchen. Last night's was the only episode I semi-watched, so I hadn't seen any of the interior rooms except for what was shown last night. I loved the style and fašade of their home.

As far as Jonathan losing a lot of weight...he does look like he has lost a bit, but not a ton. He's still much heavier (but not heavy, imo) than Drew. Drew is really skinny!!! And of course he styles his hair different so if you cannot tell them apart by the fuller face Jonathan has, then the hairstyle should do it.

All this to say that I missed at least half the show last night b/c I fell asleep.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Who is Jacinta?
    Jonathan's girlfriend.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

The second episode of Drew and Linda's Dream House involved tearing down the back porch/sunroom and adding a new kitchen space. Luv'ed the conservatory windows. Black steel windows are now all the rage. Liked the black range and hood liked the blue one better though.

A basement in California ... interesting to know some houses have one and that they have strict guide lines due to the earthquakes. Incredible to see the house put on steel girders while they did. Lots of excavation on this one.

Flip or Flop Fort Worth S1 Ep 4 - "A Modern Ranch Flip in Hurst, Texas" - November 23, 2017

Back in Hurst, Texas and doing a starter home. Scary having that tree down on the roof in the backyard. I don't know I am not impressed with this couple, I get the impression they skip stuff and do stuff on the cheap.
    Punkin and waywyrd like this.

Vintage Flip

Season 2 Episode 12 - 1952 ranch

This is a really good flip show better than Flip or Flop Vegas or Fort Worth and should be aired earlier. I am glad it has a second season. Husband Jessie is very comfortable on air and wife Tina and starting to loosen up. At times I question this couples color sense and designe sensbility but considering they are restoring vintage house they are designing with period palettes in mind. I luv learning the history of homebuilding and the styles they are restoring and why certain materials were used. I like the airstream look of the house and the steel windows and kitchen cabinets. At first I was not sure about the bathroom tile color choices or the kitchen cabinets but they stayed true to the style and improved the home's layout with the addition of the master bathroom suite. I am surprised but I liked the tile in both bathrooms as well as the kitchen backsplash that teal blue goes so well with the dark grey cabinets.

+ Reply to Thread