+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1388Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Am i the only one missing Design Star?

Siiiiighhhh!
    I miss it too. I also miss that handyman challenge show. I'm really tired of all the flip shows.
    "Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring --it was peace"--Milan Kundera

That was one homely little house (before they fixed it up) on Flip or Flop last night. They got lucky with the existing hardwoods, they came out great. Loved the kitchen cabinet color, and the way they covered up the glue stains on the brick entrance was neat, too.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    That was one homely little house (before they fixed it up) on Flip or Flop last night. They got lucky with the existing hardwoods, they came out great. Loved the kitchen cabinet color, and the way they covered up the glue stains on the brick entrance was neat, too.
    I am totally DISGUSTED with this episode. This couple does not do major reworking of walls to create a better flow, or add windows or close them up to open up so they can possibly extend kitchen counters. They basically update all the finishes in a house, clean up the yard work and they are done. What I have noticed are these little bits where they don't bother to fix what was there, in this case the horrible broken up concrete driveway. WHAT you say, they showed them re-pouring the concrete driveway. At the very end of the episode where they showcase the finished product before they enter the house to see it stage you can clearly see that the bottom 6 to 8 feet of the driveway is the original broken driveway and there is a BIG chunk broken off the curb. Yes, they put in part of a new driveway and a new step but the front porch is still the stained original concrete. They could have cleaned that up. My neighbor did and it looks brand new. I am sorry but not finishing that driveway speaks of laziness, doing the flip on the cheap and makes me wonder what else they didn't do right.
    No goat killers on my island.

Vintage Flip - the Queen Anne Victorian in Redlands CA

Loved this flip, the outside paint was good as was the landscape, luv'ed th way they restored the built-ins. The way the kitchen was expanded was respectful to the original architecture and yet a great update and improved flow of the home. The tile in the bathrooms was good as always. Glad to see the color palette inside the house was not too dark.

Almost Home

per HGTV:

In Bentonville, Ark., a town where 100-year-old homes are passed down through generations and neighbors can often be found waving from their front porches, husband-and-wife duo Dave and Jenny Marrs are doing it all: orchestrating entire home restorations, herding sheep on their plentiful land and raising their four kids. In Almost Home, watch as they tackle a massive renovation of an 1893 house for their neighbors while maintaining its classic character and storied charm.
    Very much a Home Town vibe (another HGTV show based in Mississippi) with a bit of Fixer Upper. I do like the Marrs ability to update and restore a 100+ yr old home. I like that they reused the bricks from the chimney making it a beautiful herringbone brick front walkway and a skirt for the front porch. I have noticed in the last several Vintage Flip and in this home the lack of film time going over the bathroom tile, I am sorry I love looking at finishes and don't want to be disappointed. Luv the yellow front door. Grey and yellow work so well together. The farmhouse feel works well in this house but where the heck do you put the TV?

I do like that HGTV is doing shows in different parts of the country. Amazing what $75,000 can do outside of a major metropolitan area. However while the property has an incredibly large driveway, I luv to have a garage to keep the heat and the cold off my car and to store stuff in.

'Fixer Upper': What to know before watching Joanna, Chip Gaines' final season

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...son/852581001/
    KAREN

'Property Brothers' get personal planning 'Drew's Honeymoon House'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/...use/875246001/
    KAREN

Season 5 Episode 1 of Fixer Upper starts tonight.
    waywyrd likes this.

Fixer Upper was not bad, couple from Austin wants to move to Waco. Liked what they did with the house, the tile on the fireplace was fabulous. What I noticed is that the couple seems more relaxed, maybe because they know this is there last season. The kids have really grown this last year. They are also showing the kids more, maybe because it is their last season.

Watched the first episode of Drew's and Linda's renovation of their home in LA on Property Brothers.

Noticed Jonathan has lost some weight and changed his look again.

Seeing a lot of Linda, and the Scott parents.

Seeing lots of black, charcoal and navy blue with gold and brass accents. Luv'ed the renovated main staircase banister.

Big wake up call when you renovate and old house there will be problems that need to be fixed and will cost money. The only difference between regular folks and the brothers is that the brothers are probably aware and not surprised with all the problems and have a reasonable budget put aside for unforeseen items.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

+ Reply to Thread