+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 87 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313272 ... LastLast
Like Tree208Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4057479;
    I just love Sandra's House. Has anyone been watching it? It's the best by far IMO.
    I too am a fan of Sarah's House, now if I can only remember when it is on. What I like about her is how she picks out the design, I like how she picks her color palette and how she picks out her fabrics. I also like how she has some idea how construction works and how she interacts with her contractors. I would also like to know how to contact her furniture refinishers.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I love the new Handyman show, because Mike and Scott are my two fave HGTV guys along with David Bromstad. I watch both of their shows, so having them toghether is a major bonus.

I also love Sarah's house too, and I hope they show more seasons of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4057585;
    I too am a fan of Sarah's House, now if I can only remember when it is on. What I like about her is how she picks out the design, I like how she picks her color palette and how she picks out her fabrics. I also like how she has some idea how construction works and how she interacts with her contractors. I would also like to know how to contact her furniture refinishers.
    You are right! Her show is a real education on how to remodel and redecorate within a budget. She gives pratical, no nonsense advice and shows you how it's done. There is none of this phoney last minute drama about getting a project finished for an open house. That has been so overdone that I can't stand it. LOL

I have seen 2 different houses that Sandra has done. One was an old farm house and the other was a one story modern house. I haven't seen every episode of either though. I think she may film near Canada.

Sarah's House is my favorite HGTV show now too. I've only seen the farmhouse and the split-level modern in-town house also. Have there been any other seasons of this? I love Sarah's sidekick Tommy also, the 2 of them crack me up. She was quite pregnant towards the end of the modern house season, maybe she's on maternity leave?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4059147;
    Sarah's House is my favorite HGTV show now too. I've only seen the farmhouse and the split-level modern in-town house also. Have there been any other seasons of this? I love Sarah's sidekick Tommy also, the 2 of them crack me up. She was quite pregnant towards the end of the modern house season, maybe she's on maternity leave?
    The first in the Sarah's House was a single family house in town. I think it was about a 100 yrs old. I'm pretty sure it was shown on HGTV Canada and the Fine Living Network but not on HGTV America.

Thank you Bearcata! Yay, another whole season I haven't seen!

I'll do some searching online, but if anybody has any links to any episodes of that first season with the single family house in town, please share...

I'll do some searching online, but if anybody has any links to any episodes of that first season with the single family house in town, please share...
    There have been three seasons: the single family house, the split level, and the farm house. Unfortunately, the site I found with the episodes is HGTV Canada and it says that the videos aren't available. But some episodes are available at HGTV.com.

Does the All American Handyman run only three of four episodes? As of the end of the show last evening they are down to five contenders. The last woman went home on the first challenge as did the writer who showed promise last week. This show is both confusing and straightforward...I don't know how to comment on it.

It has a "touch" of Design Star vibe with the location (NYC and staying in hotel suites) yet it moves so fast and the two or three cuts per show since the premiere have been drastic. Last night's team challenge was the usual team challenge mess with too little time and conflicting personalities. The individual challenge was interesting, but again, I wonder about the time limitations. Do Scott and Mike expect too much or not?

I liked seeing Carmen on set for the first challenge. She said she could help when needed, but they didn't really show that...mostly she went around and hinted at problems.

This is a weird show...at least "pretty boy" was cut after the second challenge - now it is down to the "big" boys.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;4059285;

Sarah first season was a remodel of the 100 yr old 3 storey house in town backing onto a railroad track (!). Then she did the split level mid century house for Sarah's House. The following season was Sarah's Cottage (their family cottage on a remote island in Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada). Then last season she did another Sarah's House (the farm house).

link to the cottage:
    Video - Sarah's Cottage - HGTV Canada

link to the 3 seasons of sarah's house: look at the episode guide and pick your season
    Video - Sarah's House - HGTV Canada

Sarah's earlier shows were Design Inc. which were renovations she did for clients out of her Toronto office.

She and her staff always do a fabulous job and her relationship with Tommy is such fun! I just love him!

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;4059986;
    Sarah first season was a remodel of the 100 yr old 3 storey house in town backing onto a railroad track (!). Then she did the split level mid century house for Sarah's House. The following season was Sarah's Cottage (their family cottage on a remote island in Georgian Bay, Ontario, Canada). Then last season she did another Sarah's House (the farm house).

link to the cottage:
    Video - Sarah's Cottage - HGTV Canada

link to the 3 seasons of sarah's house: look at the episode guide and pick your season
    Video - Sarah's House - HGTV Canada

Sarah's earlier shows were Design Inc. which were renovations she did for clients out of her Toronto office.

She and her staff always do a fabulous job and her relationship with Tommy is such fun! I just love him!

Wow, thanks for the info mountaingirl70. Hopefully, the rest of the seasons will end up on HGTV America.

+ Reply to Thread