+ Reply to Thread
Page 218 of 220 FirstFirst ... 118168208209210211212213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2195
Like Tree1308Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

FORT Fogey

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    And 95% of all of HGTV shows are flip/renovation shows.
    Are they? There's House Hunters, House Hunters International, Beachfront Bargain Hunters, Lakefront Bargain Hunters, Island Hunters, Hawaii Hunters (or whatever it's called), etc. Those are ALL I watch, although I also really liked Property Virgins and My First House when they were on. Wasn't there one where adult kids bought houses with their parents' money and the latter got a say in the matter? That was pretty entertaining. Now we just have 20-year-olds spending millions with no explanation!

FORT Fogey

Oops; I forgot about the Log Cabin Hungers and Tiny House Hunters... I'm sure there are more! Seem like quite a few buying property vs. renovating property shows out there.

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    Oops; I forgot about the Log Cabin Hungers and Tiny House Hunters... I'm sure there are more! Seem like quite a few buying property vs. renovating property shows out there.
    The house hunters shows are vastly improved when they add the word Renovation to their titles.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    The house hunters shows are vastly improved when they add the word Renovation to their titles.
    That's when I stop watching them, haha! Been there, done that. Also, aren't there now Mexico- and Alaska-specific property search shows? They've got a million of 'em!

I'll be glad to see the Fort Worth version of Flip or Flop next week, Aubrey and her spray painted Xs all over everything are tiring. At least she didn't whip out the glitter grout or hot pink paint on this house, it actually looked pretty nice. I'm not a fan of the super dark floors she used, but that's just my preference.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Flip or Flop Vegas

Season 1 Episode 14 - "Hitting the Wall" - October 26, 2017 - last episode of the season

I am always amazed how much this couple does for so little money. They do not do major renovations of the floor plans, maybe move a wall, or put in a french door or close up a window or put one it but not a lot of major reno. I think they also all the contractor discounts on materials as well as Aubrey shopping the discount bin. That being said I think I have finally put my finger on why I don't like many of her designs. Painting the outside of the house in greys was good. I don't get the grass lawn in Vegas unless the HOA requires it, that makes no sense to me. Most of their landscaping is OK and not over the top. I don't think they replaced any of the windows. The sliders for french doors yes. The interior color palette of white, grey, black and accent color of blue I liked. It is what she does with it I hate. This house had a wall between the living room and family room they took down. I think there was a step down to the living room which they covered in grey hexagon tile. I think I would have liked the house better with a level floor and one continuous type of floor covering. The kitchen, by itself the white cabinets are fine, so is the granite countertop, yes there was nice movement, it was the backsplash. By itself the back splash is OK it is combining it with the other elements that makes it so wrong. Either the white was off, it was too small, the scale between the elements was off, if they had a beveled subway tile in either white or dark grey it would have tied in everything and looked great. Similar thing in the master bathroom. Aubrey used a variation of grey and white tile, then marble then another mosaic on the shower floor and shower shelves. It was too much, too many conflicting patterns and textures. Then there was the horrid mancave/library. Total yuck. The massive, thick floor to ceiling black shelves. No, Just No. It was awful, then to split the mancave/library/former living room from the family room with massive built out posts and another shelving unit. They ruined the house. You have this wonderful open space, leave the center post paint it white. Do all the flooring in the grey hexagon tile, yes the floor does need to be all one level. If you want floor to ceiling bookshelves OK, yes you can paint them white, grey or black but the thickness of the shelving needs to be dialed down. Also Aubrey does not use appropriately scaled furniture in regards to how big the house is. I would have put a dining table in where the family was, and a small sitting room by the front door. Then set up a small couch, chairs, or a small sectional in the new living room. It would have looked great, open concept and felt huge.

Per wiki:
    On June 5, 2017, HGTV announced Flip or Flop Vegas would be renewed for a second season, with 16 episodes.
    Cornholio likes this.

we just went to a tiny home expo in our area....man it was terrible!!! the place that organized it said there would like 26 homes we only saw like 6-8 homes...it took an hour to get into a tiny home I am like it's a tiny home why is it taking so long....we ended up walking around and leaving in like 15 minutes. We stood in line longer just to get into the doors....not sure if it was just the venue where it was but man it was terribly planned. I really wanted to see the tiny homes on the inside. I was so disappointed and will be seeking a refund it was not worth the money I paid.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    we just went to a tiny home expo in our area....man it was terrible!!! the place that organized it said there would like 26 homes we only saw like 6-8 homes...it took an hour to get into a tiny home I am like it's a tiny home why is it taking so long....we ended up walking around and leaving in like 15 minutes. We stood in line longer just to get into the doors....not sure if it was just the venue where it was but man it was terribly planned. I really wanted to see the tiny homes on the inside. I was so disappointed and will be seeking a refund it was not worth the money I paid.
    Sorry to hear! But glad to know they're still so popular. MAYBE they'll finally get around to telling us where and how to actually live in them (would be prohibited by city ordinances in most cities and towns).
    dreamonia likes this.

Flip or Flop Texas - Season 1 Episode 1 "A Cozy Cottage Flip in Arlington Heights" - November 2, 2017

Premiered last night and will be doing flips in the Dallas Ft. Worth area.

I have a problem with a 2 bedroom 1 bath home 1,200 sq ft home being transformed into a 3 bedroom 2 bath home, all the rooms will be tiny.

I do think Ashley's design style is way better then the one for Flip or Flop Vegas. Liked the grey and white floor tile that replaced the black and white linoleum tile in the kitchen.

Luv'ed the slate tile they put down on the back porch.

Wow, that driveway was WAY TOO CLOSE to the house but building codes do change and that was allowed in 1926 when the house was built. Was the garage a late addition? Was it originally a stable for a horse?

Surprisingly, that large tile looked good in the one bathroom after it was completely done. Kitchen was a good size and the larger scale backsplash looked good. In fact both bathrooms looked good.

Toward the very end of the episode when Ashley and Andy were on the back porch coming up with a price for the house I noticed the extremely poor paint job on the window trim, like they just painted over the old paint and didn't scrap it off ... it looked bad and up to this point I had liked what the couple had done but this points to them doing stuff on the cheap.
    dreamonia and Cornholio like this.

Good catch, I try to look for sloppy work but didn't see the bad trim paint. I'm nitpicky with sloppy paint and crooked tile.

I know a 3/2 would sell quicker than a 2/1, but you're right - those will be some tiny bedrooms. I did love that kitchen floor and the one bathroom, but I wasn't a fan of the big tiles she used in the other bathroom for some reason. I hope the buyers don't have a big SUV to park in the back, they'd better drive through carefully!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread