+ Reply to Thread
Page 216 of 220 FirstFirst ... 116166206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2193
Like Tree1308Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    What the...who tiles all over the OUTSIDE of the house (Flip or Flop Atlanta)? That thing was atrocious. And the tile plastered all over the inside didn't look any better. I can't believe that mess cost them 160K...they made a good profit afterwards, though. The outside was a definite improvement.
    I noticed they kept the original steps levels from the driveway up to the pathway, I noticed all three steps were of different heights. I also thought is pretty obvious that from looking at the walls that the from of the house may have been a front porch they enclosed to increase the square footage at some previous time.

The tile was nasty.
    No goat killers on my island.

OMG. Gold glitter grout in a bathroom? Bright green cabinets with black counters and black backsplash in a kitchen? Both of those houses were obnoxious. Aubrey must never scrub bathroom floors, there's no way to keep that stupid glitter clean. Even if it's sealed, I see bits of glitter coming off and making their way around the house. Gawd.

Why are we back to Flip or Flop Vegas, anyway? They must have run out of Atlanta shows.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Chip and Joanna Gaines' Fixer Upper Finale

Chip and Joanna Gaines recently announced that their HGTV hit series is coming to an end.

Season 5, the couple's last, is set to begin airing on November 21.
    waywyrd and Cornholio like this.
    KAREN

OMG. Gold glitter grout in a bathroom? Bright green cabinets with black counters and black backsplash in a kitchen? Both of those houses were obnoxious. Aubrey must never scrub bathroom floors, there's no way to keep that stupid glitter clean. Even if it's sealed, I see bits of glitter coming off and making their way around the house. Gawd.

Why are we back to Flip or Flop Vegas, anyway? They must have run out of Atlanta shows.
    Well according to wiki season 1 was 14 episodes and they aired 13 of them.

The Vegas episode was new?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Well according to wiki season 1 was 14 episodes and they aired 13 of them.

The Vegas episode was new?
    My cable guide showed that both episodes were new, which I thought was strange. I don't remember seeing either of them before.

My cable guide showed that both episodes were new, which I thought was strange. I don't remember seeing either of them before.
    Well I managed to watch episode 13 - "Bank-Owned Disaster" - October 19, 2017 online. I do agree these flippers are going after a niche market for folks who really like the Las Vegas Glam. It was smart to repaint the townhouse a matching color to it's neighbor makes it visually look larger. These flippers go totally against the flipper code of going neutral with their decorating. I like the staircase railing it looks good. I like the stacked stone fireplace. I like the accent wall in the dining room and the master bedroom. I am OK with the black, white, grey color palette in the master bedroom. It is not a bad color palette and having an accent color of emerald green is OK. It's what this woman does with it that drives me crazy. This is an 1300 sq ft home the dark colors make it look smaller. I can live with the emerald green accent wall, I like the honed granite counter tops but the shiny hexagon backsplash, just NO. Then there is the tile in the master bedroom, shiny contemporary modern with traditional just NO. The kitchen is already enclosed and in the back of the house with no windows and you just make it darker with black, green and grey. The woman has no taste.

Just finished episode 12 - "Buyer's Remorse" - October 19, 2017 the 780 sq ft condo in white and gold. Obviously built in the 80's did they have very bad renters or did the production company stage the bad paint job? Liked that they were able to eliminate some soffits and raise or reduce others. Liked that they eliminated the little bump out wall between the kitchen and dining room. Liked that they got rid of the half wall in the kitchen and created the peninsula. Liked the herringbone tile floor. Liked the white kitchen cabinets and wished they had continued them into the dining room that would have been fine. The gold backsplash and gold handles were OK. I didn't like the all gold cabinets in the dining room just gold wine rack would have been OK. The bathroom, shower OK her tile design in the shower could be better. Glitter grout BIG NO. If she just restrained herself a bit them it would be OK, but it is this side of tacky and cheap. What I really notice in the close up shots of this and the other episodes is the shoddy craftsmanship, the crappy paint finishes, the edges not done right, just sloppy and shoddy workmanship.

Pinterest is your friend folks in regards to tile design.

I had never heard of glitter grout before reading these posts, so I googled them. EWW!!! Just say NO!!! Ugly!!!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I had never heard of glitter grout before reading these posts, so I googled them. EWW!!! Just say NO!!! Ugly!!!
    That's right up there with the glitter in the popcorn ceilings they did occasionally in the 70's. Bad, bad idea.
    Miss_Griss and Cornholio like this.

Never heard of glitter grout before. (Learned of glitter playdough just yesterday at a 4-year-old's birthday party! LOL)

I can imagine it might work for certain applications. A backsplash or niche? A shower wall?

glitter grout.jpg

+ Reply to Thread