+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 216 FirstFirst ... 115165205206207208209210211212213214215216 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 2151
Like Tree1288Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Is it just me or if you close your eyes does Anita sound very much like Joanna Gaines?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Yes! I had HGTV playing in the other room while I was fixing dinner one night and at first thought Fixer Upper must have come on.
    momrek06 and Eastcoastmom like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    I know.

However, HGTV is continuously showing Fixer Upper repeats more than any other show. Maybe there is another unannounced different type format show in the hopper?
    I don't remember watching this video --- maybe parts of it, but maybe not. Nonetheless, the ending leaves me feeling they're considering another show in the future.

Punkin likes this.

And once again, they painted the brick on Flip or Flop Atlanta. I didn't mind the whitewashed brick in the kitchen, but all this exterior painting just creates another maintenance item.

Kitchen was a knockout, though.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Anyone watch the new show that premiered this afternoon? It's called "Restoring Salem." I enjoyed it.

http://www.hgtv.com/shows/restoring-salem

dreamonia likes this.

It would not surprise me at all if it came down the money......interesting read about the contracts at HGTV as well.

Chip and Joanna 'quit Fixer Upper to get better contract' | Daily Mail Online
    Punkin and aramcobrat like this.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Very interesting, dreamonia. Thanks for the link.

Otoh I can understand the"talent" being upset by the restrictions of Scripps and how much money is made off of them. But, otoh, without the television show that Scripps got them for HGTV network, they would not be so well-known and making so much money.

dreamonia, aramcobrat and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    And once again, they painted the brick on Flip or Flop Atlanta. I didn't mind the whitewashed brick in the kitchen, but all this exterior painting just creates another maintenance item.

Kitchen was a knockout, though.
    What I detested is that the original footprint of the kitchen had the sink under the window and the dishwasher to the right of the sink, makes sense in regards to the process of rinsing dishes and loading them into the dishwasher and also with the dishwasher door open you are not sprinkling rinse water onto the new wooden floors, however Flip or Flop Atlanta female decides to move the sink into the big island to give it character while keeping the dishwasher were is was originally located therefore creating a huge gap between sink and dishwasher. Now the person rinsing dishes has to turn around and bend over to put rinsed dishes into the dishwasher, moving over a greater distance and potentially letting rinse water from the dishes fall onto the brand new wooden floor. Moving the sink to the island was stupid. I personally like a big island with no sink or stove top to be able to prep dishes, eat at and do homework or projects on, why mess with the square footage of that? Really a dumb decision, it makes no sense. I would rather had have a microwave and or a beverage frig in the island than a sink.
    Miss_Griss and aramcobrat like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia View Post
    It would not surprise me at all if it came down the money......interesting read about the contracts at HGTV as well.

Chip and Joanna 'quit Fixer Upper to get better contract' | Daily Mail Online
    Not entirely factual for the influential factor behind Rachael Ray's astronomical successes is Oprah Winfrey.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Not entirely factual for the influential factor behind Rachael Ray's astronomical successes is Oprah Winfrey.
    still an interesting read and I am curious to see how their future will pan out.

What the...who tiles all over the OUTSIDE of the house (Flip or Flop Atlanta)? That thing was atrocious. And the tile plastered all over the inside didn't look any better. I can't believe that mess cost them 160K...they made a good profit afterwards, though. The outside was a definite improvement.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

+ Reply to Thread