+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1309Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Chip and Joanna Gaines have deal with Target to have a home goods line. Of course all these "Christians" are condemning them for selling out to Target because lets trans-genders use whatever bathroom they want.

I do think it highly hypocritical of these "Christians" to be so hateful and uncharitable the total opposite of what their religion preaches. Just saying and my own opinion.

I also find it hilarious that Joanna Gaines used shiplap in many of her home renovations as it was already there and they didn't have to use drywall and saved themselves money and now people are paying to put manufactured shiplap into their homes.
    No goat killers on my island.

Montana House, a one hour pilot about finding and renovating homes in Montana. Amazing what the ladies could do. Shocked at the home prices.

Flip or Flop Atlanta - converting that one bedroom (was it an old garage) into the family room was a brilliant idea. Didn't think the kitchen layout would work but it did.

Desert Flippers - Luved the transformation of the rundown two bath two bedroom mid century modern. The pool or pool spa, the fence, simply amazing as was the kitchen.
    Moontat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    It is too much when all the Tiny House Hunters constantly complain that they don't want a 400 sq ft home, they don't want a 300 sq ft home as that is too big but then when they are in any of the TINY homes all they do is say the kitchen is too small, they need a full size stove, frig etc ... and the one who complained that the bathroom was next to the kitchen was too much. Where the heck were they supposed to put it?
    I have seen a few episodes where they have a king sized bed and complain that they won't be able to fit it. I think the vast majority of those people in the tiny houses won't last more than a few years in it. I also can't believe they stick small children in these tiny spaces as though children will never grow. I had two boys that got to over six feet tall in their teens--they would have had to sleep in a tent outside if they had been stuck into small spaces.
    aramcobrat and Moontat like this.

Since housing is so expensive and folks can be very transient in their early careers that I can see the it the appeal of have a small house on wheels to go to where the jobs are and not signing a lease and paying deposits and early release fees. But where do you find a place to park these things? Don't you have to pay rent and hookup fees? Is it really as free wheeling as folks make out? I can understand the appeal of granny pods, she caves and he caves it makes sense and a great alternative to nursing homes, retirement homes, and renting office spaces. It's just some of the verbiage in regards to it's "too big", yet the folks want full size beds, frigs, bathrooms etc .... totally contradictory. I can also understand the appeal of owning one of these once the kids are gone and you have the freedom to explore other job possibilities or explore the country or both. Personally I would like a renovated Airstream to travel around in.
    Miss_Griss likes this.

Personally I would like a renovated Airstream to travel around in.
    Yes, if I had the money and youth and druthers, that is how I would like to vagabond.
    Bearcata likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Personally I would like a renovated Airstream to travel around in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Yes, if I had the money and youth and druthers, that is how I would like to vagabond.
    In Austin where my son lives there are many people who have little casitas on their property or turn their garages into auxiliary housing. Austin is the live music capital of the U.S. and there are many, many festivals occurring throughout the year. From what I have been told, it's often difficult to find hotel rooms so many folks take advantage of the situation and rent out their homes and go away for the week or rent out rooms via Air BNB.

With regard to the Airstream: my son purchased one, 1973 vintage or so (or it may be 1976) shortly after moving to Austin 3 years ago. He placed it in his yard and had no intention of traveling cross country with it. It had a newer stainless steel refrigerator and newish flooring but it was very compartmentalized. My son ripped everything out and installed new laminate flooring, built a full size platform for a permanent bed, painted the cupboards, tiled the countertop and extended it to make a little desk/table area, tiled the backsplash, installed a porcelain toilet, put in new lighting, new tankless hot water heater, built a closet, built a bench to sit on with side table, and so much more. It was an amazing transformation, if I must say so myself. His dad is extremely handy and can do all of the trades: carpentry, plumbing, heating, electric, etc but we haven't a clue where our son learned how to do all he did b/c he was not one to follow his dad around and help. He is more musical/artistic. The artistic side of him had the vision for how it should look.

I'm going to put some photos in an album here in case anyone wants to see as I feel weird about putting his pics out here on a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    In Austin where my son lives there are many people who have little casitas on their property or turn their garages into auxiliary housing. Austin is the live music capital of the U.S. and there are many, many festivals occurring throughout the year. From what I have been told, it's often difficult to find hotel rooms so many folks take advantage of the situation and rent out their homes and go away for the week or rent out rooms via Air BNB.

With regard to the Airstream: my son purchased one, 1973 vintage or so (or it may be 1976) shortly after moving to Austin 3 years ago. He placed it in his yard and had no intention of traveling cross country with it. It had a newer stainless steel refrigerator and newish flooring but it was very compartmentalized. My son ripped everything out and installed new laminate flooring, built a full size platform for a permanent bed, painted the cupboards, tiled the countertop and extended it to make a little desk/table area, tiled the backsplash, installed a porcelain toilet, put in new lighting, new tankless hot water heater, built a closet, built a bench to sit on with side table, and so much more. It was an amazing transformation, if I must say so myself. His dad is extremely handy and can do all of the trades: carpentry, plumbing, heating, electric, etc but we haven't a clue where our son learned how to do all he did b/c he was not one to follow his dad around and help. He is more musical/artistic. The artistic side of him had the vision for how it should look.

I'm going to put some photos in an album here in case anyone wants to see as I feel weird about putting his pics out here on a public forum.
    Yes, please. Then you will have to tell me how to find the album.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yes, please. Then you will have to tell me how to find the album.
    Bearcata, go to my profile page. On left hand side under the list of my friends, it says "Albums." I only have the 1 album there I made today. Just click it on and click on each of the 5 photos for descriptions.
    Punkin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Bearcata, go to my profile page. On left hand side under the list of my friends, it says "Albums." I only have the 1 album there I made today. Just click it on and click on each of the 5 photos for descriptions.
    Wow, it's SO pretty. Well, I should say Cool. That is just perfect for a home away from home. You must such a proud mama!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

I agree. He did such a good job. Lots of counter space and he managed an upright as opposed to under counter refrigerator. The porcelain toilet kills me. Lots of smiles and KUDOS to him!
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread