+ Reply to Thread
Page 210 of 211 FirstFirst ... 110160200201202203204205206207208209210211 LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 2110
Like Tree1228Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    There are TONS of brick ranches around here, lots of them look like the one they got - straight out of the 70's, dark paneling, not at all updated. I agree that house had a goofy layout, but they did what they could - I think it looked great. Especially compared to how it was! It did have a big carport...I'd love to have that workshop out back.
    Liked the workshop but they left those crooked and warped shelves, that looked so half baked, for such a large company they could have gotten rid of the warped shelving and put in at least two rows of straight lumber and call it a day for minimal cost. I am sure they have lumber left over from other projects.
    waywyrd likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Good Bones is airing repeats, tonight was S2 E1.

Flip or Flop Atlanta - they get some weird old houses with multiple odd additions. I am sorry but I want a garage and hate garage conversions. In that heat I want my car protected.

On the Flip or Flop Atlanta wiki page the writer noted that the very first house they did S1 E1 is still on Zillow and the sale is pending, while on the show they indicated they sold the house. OMG they lied to us.

Desert Flippers - I don't get the living room and family room next to each other with only a wall separating them but both are open to the kitchen and dining room it seemed odd, why didn't they lose the wall and open it up to one big great room.

Sod in the front and back seemed odd too, unless they were at a slightly higher elevation but all I could think of was the water bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    On the Flip or Flop Atlanta wiki page the writer noted that the very first house they did S1 E1 is still on Zillow and the sale is pending, while on the show they indicated they sold the house. OMG they lied to us.
    Hmm! Zillow says they listed back in December 2016 but it just changed to "pending" nine days ago after several price drops. Shady TV editing...?

I loathe garage conversions too. They always look awkward and I'd rather have a garage!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Hmm! Zillow says they listed back in December 2016 but it just changed to "pending" nine days ago after several price drops. Shady TV editing...?

I loathe garage conversions too. They always look awkward and I'd rather have a garage!
    Oh boy, that is a major pet peeve of Mr. ECM! He gets pretty worked up about it actually and cannot imagine why people ever do this.
    waywyrd likes this.

Flip or Flop Atlanta - massive upgrade for this ranch home. While I was never on the expresso colored cabinets, I find I like the black cabinets, I don't know why but the black and white kitchens always look good and the black cabinets with white counter tops are practical and just look good.

Desert Flippers - surprised that the leaky windows made that much of a difference with the air conditioning especially with the brand new AC unit. Luv'ed the tile in the bathroom, the strip of fancy tile behind the sink was amazing. Can't believe how they made a 1940's western ranch looking home look like an updated mid century modern. Congratulations.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I agree about the black cabinets and white countertops. I loved the backsplash they used. I fell asleep as usual b/c I always watch the 2nd showing which was on at 11 pm and I had been up since 5 a.m.

Bearcata, how did the new laundry room addition turn out?

I am still stunned how much cheaper labor costs are there. Case in point: their tremendously long new concrete driveway cost $10,000. My much shorter driveway, maybe 30 ft x 20 ft cost 16K a few years back, which was a good price for here, and ONLY because we were having them do a paver walkway so they sweetened the deal.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I agree about the black cabinets and white countertops. I loved the backsplash they used. I fell asleep as usual b/c I always watch the 2nd showing which was on at 11 pm and I had been up since 5 a.m.

Bearcata, how did the new laundry room addition turn out?

I am still stunned how much cheaper labor costs are there. Case in point: their tremendously long new concrete driveway cost $10,000. My much shorter driveway, maybe 30 ft x 20 ft cost 16K a few years back, which was a good price for here, and ONLY because we were having them do a paver walkway so they sweetened the deal.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    Surprisingly it was much larger then it seemed to be from their conversation, they did put the water hookups on a separate wall from the dryer vent which I thought was really odd. I did expect them to put cabinets in the laundry room as the female kept saying how big it was and how great for storage so I was surprised that they did not put in any cabinets but did put in a wire shelf; that came across really cheap, and they didn't put in a sink. I would have luv'ed to have seen a few upper cabinets and a nice sink it would have been a really wow room.

Kao

The endless commercials for Tiny House has really made me lose interest in ever watching that show, especially with the little boy wearing mismatched socks in a loft with his parents and 2 siblings screeching "It's a liitle bit TOO big!" You're in a 400 sq ft house with 2 adults and 2 siblings, and have one sleeping loft for the 5 of you. That's going to be fun for like 2 days before someone goes mad. So shut up, little boy!

It is too much when all the Tiny House Hunters constantly complain that they don't want a 400 sq ft home, they don't want a 300 sq ft home as that is too big but then when they are in any of the TINY homes all they do is say the kitchen is too small, they need a full size stove, frig etc ... and the one who complained that the bathroom was next to the kitchen was too much. Where the heck were they supposed to put it?
    waywyrd, Miss_Griss, Kao and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread