+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 96 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I LOVE If Walls Could Talk! It seems to be on sporatically during the mornings. I used to love Cash in the Attic but I've seen most if not all the shows and that takes a bit of the fun out of it. Marraige Under Constructuon hasn't won me over. I saw it once and didn't care for the couple that much.
    I, too, miss the crafting shows. Did they move them to DIY? We don't have that channel.

FORT Fanatic

Anyone watch 9 by design? I kinda like this show, with the kooky kids names, the moving etc. She was going into labor last episode I saw, will they change the title?
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3877604;
    Well, I guess I'm the only one who likes the show. I look at all of the HGTV shows as fun and fantasy.
    No, you aren't the only one! I watched the first season of Marriage under Construction (with the blonde couple.... both actors) and their budget was $50,000 for the renos. Their house ended up quite cute.... very starter home-ish and they did most of the work themselves.

But, I recently started watching this season with Rod and Natalie and I really like them!! I suspect Rod has made some good money with his 3 restaurants. I guess I like their sense of humour..... Rod cracks me up with Natalie playing the straight man. Did you see the episode where they re-create the Demi Moore pregnant cover?

Quote Originally Posted by chitex3;3877614;
    Anyone watch 9 by design? I kinda like this show, with the kooky kids names, the moving etc. She was going into labor last episode I saw, will they change the title?
    chitex, DH & I watched their preview show and we really liked it. Should be pretty interesting.

"Both hailing from large Southern families, Bob and Cortney shared the desire to have a lot of kids and are parents to seven children – Wolfgang, 12, twins Bellamy and Tallulah, 10, Breaker, 8, twins Five and Holleder, 4. At the close of the premiere episode, Cortney goes into labor with the newest addition to the family, a son, Major."

9 By Design | Bravo TV Official Site
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mountaingirl70;3877700;
    No, you aren't the only one! I watched the first season of Marriage under Construction (with the blonde couple.... both actors) and their budget was $50,000 for the renos. Their house ended up quite cute.... very starter home-ish and they did most of the work themselves.

But, I recently started watching this season with Rod and Natalie and I really like them!! I suspect Rod has made some good money with his 3 restaurants. I guess I like their sense of humour..... Rod cracks me up with Natalie playing the straight man. Did you see the episode where they re-create the Demi Moore pregnant cover?
    This season is the first 'Marriage Under Construction' that I've seen. I really had no idea there had been previous seasons. With both Rod and Natalie working, and owning 3 restaurants, I'm sure they're doing really well. Good for them that they can afford to spend the amount that they are spending. I like their sense of humor, too, although if I were around them all the time, it might get kind of annoying at times.

BTW, I have not seen the episode you referred to -- how have I missed that?!
    Last edited by daiseyo; 04-16-2010 at 01:24 AM.

Re: ALL AMERICAN HANDYMAN

A new competition show started Sunday, 9-5 at 10PM. The premise is to find a Handyman with all around skills. As Mike Holmes stated it - know something about everything without being a master of one.

The permanent judges are Mike Holmes (Holmes on Homes) and Scott McGillivray (Income Property). The competition is hosted by Molly Culver. The series is presented by Sears and their products will be used and featured throughout the competition. The prizes are a shopping spree at Sears and a development deal with HGTV.

Twenty hopefuls show up to be greeted by Molly, Mike and Scott, but only ten will remain after the first challenge.

For the first challenge they are each given two pieces of plywood and told to build whatever they want using the displayed Sears products as inspiration. They have 90 minutes.

The twenty dive right in with the tools and create mostly wine racks with a couple of dog houses, a couple of tables, a couple of lounge chairs and one set of regular chairs. The projects are numbered and Mike and Scott tour, test and pull them apart. When they have deliberated, the contestants are called in groups of five. If they passed they are told to hang up their toolbelt on a stand created for that purpose.

The lucky ten return to their hotel in NYC only to return to the old warehouse site used as backdrop for the show in the morning.

After Molly greets them, she explains the that day's challenge. They are to meet individually with Mike, Scott and Bill Kiss, a tool expert from Sears. Each judge has a test for them. Scott's test is to use a piece of plywood to perfectly overlay two shapes glued to another piece of plywood. He tells us it involves hands and mind in coordination. With 15 minutes to correctly cut out the shapes, only one contestant made the perfect cuts.

Mike started his test off with questions about construction every handyman should know. Only one person answered 14 of 18 correctly, which to Mike was very good as he thought most would get less than 50%. Next he asked them to point out the errors in a framed wall. Once again, one contestant stood out.

Bill Kiss showed them a collection of tools from ancient to the latest and greatest. He asked them to identify them. The older tools stumped the majority, but all were thrilled with the new items.

After discussion the judges cut from ten to eight. Molly gave a wrap-up and a preview for next week where Carmen will be judging an interior finishing challenge.

I like the show. It moved very fast...a little too fast to get to know the contestants yet. I didn't name names as by the end of the hour they were down to eight. Maybe next week the cream will start to rise and their names will make an impression.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really liked this show. Love Mike Holmes and Scott seemed fun but never saw his show. Isn't the hostess the girl on the Amex commercials that 1. uses all the points to buy herself a dress, and 2. complains about the hotel accommodations and switches them to another one? Can't stand her on those commercials.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Besides his own half hour show about Income Property renovations seen most early afternoons, Scott was also Debbie Travis' side-kick on her design competition show. He is the current HGTV hunk with a good personality for TV.

It will be interesting to see what HGTV means by a development deal as part of the prize. They are hedging their bets, unlike with Design Star where they guarantee a show, and will make the Handyman (or woman - there is one left in the competition) work for a shot at a show.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just love Sandra's House. Has anyone been watching it? It's the best by far IMO.

I haven't been watching Sarah's House - I've only caught bits and pieces, but it looks fascinating.

I turned on the TV early this morning and saw Molly Culver hosting an infomercial. The lady must be doing all right for herself.

+ Reply to Thread