+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1308Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Flip or Flop Atlanta - wow I liked how they transformed this house. I am very surprised they kept the original windows as they looked destroyed. While I like ranch houses what they do here in Virginia is called a rambler and that is what I saw in this episode. I do hate the sloped yard but the crew did a good job transforming it into usable space. I hate garage conversions. I want to be able to keep my car and yard tools and bikes and lawn mowers locked up and out of the snow, rain, sleet, hail and sun. The deck they put on seemed small but at least they put a concrete patio underneath it. The kitchen island fit and was a decent size. The before and after pictures were amazing.

Desert Flippers
    - OMG! Amazing! I cannot believe the transformation of that house. The pops of color in that all white house were breathtaking. The turquoise backsplash, the orange tile in the main bathroom, the blue tile in the master bathroom, the pink doors. I want that house, that life style. What they did outside with the pool and firepit ... simply wonderful. I absolutely adore that they tell everyone to come back for a twilight showing.
    I fell asleep during Flip or Flop Atlanta but saw the Desert Flippers episode. I thought the exterior was ugly with a capital U. I'd drive right by if I saw a 4 sale sign. The interior was way too modern for my taste but hey it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. I did like the yard transformation.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I fell asleep during Flip or Flop Atlanta but saw the Desert Flippers episode. I thought the exterior was ugly with a capital U. I'd drive right by if I saw a 4 sale sign. The interior was way too modern for my taste but hey it would be a boring world if we all liked the same things. I did like the yard transformation.

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk
    I do agree as it is a bit too modern for me, but to do the renovation and remind true to the original style of the house is an amazing effort and I totally appreciate it and applaud the couple for their vision and determination. The before and after are jaw dropping and I get that folks in Palm Springs can have an indoor outdoor lifestyle. The master bathroom with the wet room bath and shower I would love to have and I must admit the use of color in that house is amazing both inside and outside.
    Moontat and Eastcoastmom like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Lone Star Flip premiered today at 2pm - luv'ed the teal kitchen cabinets amazing when you have a strongly colored kitchen cabinet how having a white countertop and white backsplash tones it down, first time I appreciated having brass cabinet pulls.

I am really starting to like the mid-size to larger scale tiles for the backsplash, they are provide a graphic interest as well as texture.
    Cornholio likes this.

Chip and Joanna Gaines did settle one lawsuit against them. Someone bought land next to their silos marketplace and was charging Magnolia customers $10 to park there. Chip put up a fence or some kind of barrier and the person who bought the land (after Chip and Joanna built the marketplace) sued them for a million dollars because they interfered with him being able to make money. It was settled out of court, Chip ended up buying the land for under a million. Luv it when folks try to make money off other people's success.

Kao

I'm watching the season finale of Good Bones and what is up with people leaving their houses trashed when they move? That house looked like a bunch of hoarders lived there!

The house on Good Bones last night sure looked like a hoarder house. Those refrigerators were disgusting! It seems like no amount of filth or stench bothers Karen, though.

I don't get why the historical preservation group was so adamant about reusing wood siding - Hardie boards look just like wood and won't rot. And I'm pretty sure they didn't have architectural shingles back in the 1800's, but I saw them on all the houses on the street. *shrug*

Cute little house when they fixed it up, though. I don't know where she finds all those neat marble tiles!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Good Bones so glad to see others watching, so sad to see it is the season finale. Tuesday evenings are simply so much fun watching Mina and Karen, with Mina acting more the mom at times and Karen is obviously reliving her childhood. Did anyone catch the clip where they showed Mina's phone fall out? You do have to freeze to see it fall out of her overalls.

These ladies are amazing, how they were able to redesign the inside of a 800 sq ft home and make it look so good is awe inspiring.

I too wonder where Mina finds all this absolutely delicious tile. I do like how they repeated using a lighter colored version in the two ensuite bathrooms.

Always luv the attention to detail with the outside also and considering it is Indianapolis and does have a significant winter they absolutely want the homeowners to be able to enjoy as much outside life as possible.

Liked the shed and picket fence.

I do agree about using the Hardie Board instead of wood siding, after all there are termites.
    waywyrd likes this.

That was the season finale? Shoot. Now what will I watch on Tuesday nights?

Flip or Flop Atlanta - the $50,000 estate sale house. This is the second Atlanta house I have seen with a big back yard and a combination garage and workshop but no driveway up to the garage ... folks drive on the lawn??? doesn't that destroy the grass???

They must like ranch houses in Atlanta. This one had a weird layout and even in the after shots the dining room furniture seemed shoved into the wall as did the furniture in the enclosed patio. That entire dining, living, kitchen area was awkward and it seemed to me that perphaps the dining room would have been better place in the front of the house and were the dining table had been maybe the small two chair sitting area or a desk and a chair so parents can watch their kids do their homework. The family room was huge so you really didn't need that formal living area.

Desert Flippers - a Blue Oasis or at least that is what I will call it. This couple makes smart choices and it kills to see how far money stretches outside of this area or is their costing not include their labor rates? Do they only include material costs? Sometimes it seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    They must like ranch houses in Atlanta.
    There are TONS of brick ranches around here, lots of them look like the one they got - straight out of the 70's, dark paneling, not at all updated. I agree that house had a goofy layout, but they did what they could - I think it looked great. Especially compared to how it was! It did have a big carport...I'd love to have that workshop out back.

+ Reply to Thread