+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1288Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by sketcher View Post
    The first episode turned me off (annoying people), but I might have to give it another try. I'm definitely interested in tiny PERMANENT structures rather than the gypsy hovel on wheels that you actually aren't allowed to put anywhere.
    I would say the first half of the series was more of the permanent structure type and I really appreciated what the architect/builder was trying to achieve and that the idea of using sustainable products is a smart one. Seriously if I could put up solar panels on my roof and have a small wind turbine I would. I can see that happening more and more in suburban areas and even in the cities. I can see that being a trend in off grid areas, and third world countries and part of Europe, here in the North America where you have huge power companies I am sure will fight that tooth and nail as it would eat into their profits.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

He Sells, She Sells S1 E1 this past Saturday at 2pm

The couple are both real estate agents and flippers located in Raleigh, North Carolina.

Split level. There must be various definitions of a split level home, that is not what I would have called it, but with no garage and now no space in the basement what so you do with all the extra stuff people accumulate?

Good Bones - luv'ed what they did with that tiny house on Kensington - luv, luv, luv what they did with that tiny little house and the upstairs attic/guest room was marvelous. It was scary when they first drove up and the weeds were so high both in front and back of the house.

These ladies know what to do with tile back splashes and bathroom tile .... they do gorgeous bathrooms.
    waywyrd and nennie like this.

Flip or Flop Atlanta

Episode 5 - The rundown rental, I liked what they did. They improved the house tremendously and this is the first time I have liked the kitchen. Yes, the island was the normal small size 3 x 6 I think but it fit in with the rest of the larger kitchen footprint they used. The front of the house was amazing with that added front porch but I still would have like a garage to park a car in, instead of the garage/workshop they had in the backyard.

Desert Flippers

Luv'ed the lower profile vessel sinks they used in two of the bathrooms. Luv'ed the pool and spa. The house had that old Hollywood style about it. The office in the middle of the living/dining area looked kinda weird to me. It was funny to hear the one girl complain about the floor tile and how the one shower what not big enough for her and her boyfriend/husband/SO.

I'm thinking the renters did NOT get their security deposit back on that Flip or Flop house...what a freaking mess. I loved what they did with the front porch too. The house was gorgeous when they finished.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Phoenix Flipped

Season 1 Episode 1 aired today at 2pm. Two sisters who have flipped 50 houses. Liked it. Liked them. Luv'ed the pool in the back. Luv'ed what they did with the house.

Kao

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post

Desert Flippers

Luv'ed the lower profile vessel sinks they used in two of the bathrooms. Luv'ed the pool and spa. The house had that old Hollywood style about it. The office in the middle of the living/dining area looked kinda weird to me. It was funny to hear the one girl complain about the floor tile and how the one shower what not big enough for her and her boyfriend/husband/SO.
    I've watched this show a few times and they always do beautiful flips. They are also a cute couple who act very engaging and friendly on the show. That house looked amazing when they finished it.

Good Bones - cute house on the far edge of Bate Hendricks - Luv'ed that it had a garage and big back yard. I like that the ladies are doing a table in the kitchen instead of an island very retro but it makes sense and you can always use the table as a prep area and you can sit while you prep. While I luv Karen's enthusiasm for her more creative projects I don't know if I would want a hydroponic garden on my kitchen counters, however it is a great idea and I am sure someone would luv to have that in their home. Nice to see a group of people coming through the open house. Liked the picket fence look in the front yard. Like the putty colored upper cabinets instead of doing white it is a good neutral color and contrasts well with the lighter colored backsplash and countertops. Double vanities in the bathrooms were wonderful.

I'm really loving those marble tiles they used for the backsplash (and the larger version in the shower). Looked great with the muted greens and cream cabinets. I like the idea of the hydroponic garden, but I'd probably get tired of fooling with it.

And as much as I love picking through stuff left in houses, with all those roaches running around? No. Yuck.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Flip or Flop Atlanta - wow I liked how they transformed this house. I am very surprised they kept the original windows as they looked destroyed. While I like ranch houses what they do here in Virginia is called a rambler and that is what I saw in this episode. I do hate the sloped yard but the crew did a good job transforming it into usable space. I hate garage conversions. I want to be able to keep my car and yard tools and bikes and lawn mowers locked up and out of the snow, rain, sleet, hail and sun. The deck they put on seemed small but at least they put a concrete patio underneath it. The kitchen island fit and was a decent size. The before and after pictures were amazing.

Desert Flippers
    - OMG! Amazing! I cannot believe the transformation of that house. The pops of color in that all white house were breathtaking. The turquoise backsplash, the orange tile in the main bathroom, the blue tile in the master bathroom, the pink doors. I want that house, that life style. What they did outside with the pool and firepit ... simply wonderful. I absolutely adore that they tell everyone to come back for a twilight showing.
    Moontat likes this.

+ Reply to Thread