+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1222Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I often wonder how the younger couples are able to buy these expensive homes.
    aramcobrat and Mrs. Hanson like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    I often wonder how the younger couples are able to buy these expensive homes.
    I always figure they are using inherited money. I am always amazed listening to Susie Ormond the financial advisor and how much money some people make a month and at a very young age and I wonder what are they doing. Also with interest rates so low a couple can easily afford a 500,000 home.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I always figure they are using inherited money. I am always amazed listening to Susie Ormond the financial advisor and how much money some people make a month and at a very young age and I wonder what are they doing. Also with interest rates so low a couple can easily afford a 500,000 home.
    Ever seen those commercials for "elder attorneys?" It's called "estate planning." Parents (and grandparents) aged late 60s/early 70s give their money to their children and grandchildren in order to impoverish themselves before the five-year Medicaid "lookback" period so that they'll qualify for public assistance on the taxpayers' dime when they get old and decrepit and require nursing home care. I personally find it unethical, but most find it "smart." And it explains how all these twenty-somethings just out of college can live like wealthy retirees, which I find unwholesome for all concerned!

After checking a online mortgage calculator, I realized that it is amazing what one can afford with today's low interest rates.

$700,000 at 4% at 30 yrs = $3341.91
    $500,000 at 4% at 30 yrs = $2387.88
    $300,000 at 4% at 30 yrs = $1432.25
    $200,000 at 4% at 30 yrs = $954.83
    $100,000 at 4% at 30 yrs = $477.42

not including property tax, pmi and utilities the mortgages are actually pretty reasonable.
    Miss_Griss and Cornholio like this.

I really liked that series where the couple flips the old homes in their Home Town.
    I liked the couple and most of what they have flipped I thought was well done.
    but again...it is another flip show - this one is in Mississippi.
    Moontat likes this.

Good Bones - the little Victorian - I luv it when they show the ladies are totally involved in the demo and rebuild. Almost didn't recognize Tad with his hair up in a man bun. Glad to see them do an addition as that is mainly what they did in season 1. Luv the oversize basketweave tile they used as the kitchen backsplash and the shower wall tile in the master bathroom. I do wish the reveals were longer as I want to see every room as they do such a good job of rebuilding and staging the houses.
    Moontat likes this.

The baby Victorian was beautiful! But I hate how so many of the houses up there are so close together, some of them look like the roofs are almost touching. I really liked that backsplash tile, too...I wish I could find something like that around here.

Tonight is the premiere of Flip or Flop Atlanta - it's got to be better than Vegas.
    Moontat likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    The baby Victorian was beautiful! But I hate how so many of the houses up there are so close together, some of them look like the roofs are almost touching. I really liked that backsplash tile, too...I wish I could find something like that around here.

Tonight is the premiere of Flip or Flop Atlanta - it's got to be better than Vegas.
    Urban living. Most of the areas Mina and Karen work in are not so close together.

I have seen the Atlanta couple when they tried to launch their show under another flipping show title and I think they will be the best representatives of this franchise to date.
    waywyrd likes this.

Watched epsiode 1 of Flip or Flop Atlanta - I hate it when they spend all this time on the build up showing viewers at the work that goes into the house and then don't show all of the house, I feel rushed, I want lingering shots of the bathroom, the shower, the bedrooms. I did not like the kitchen or more specifically that island was too short for the size of the open area between the two living rooms + kitchen + dining area, that island should have been long enough to sit a minimum of 3 people and would have been better if it had sat 4 people. It just seemed as if they skipped on the island.

Liked Vintage Savannah.
    Cornholio likes this.

Me, too, Bearcata! The reveal is the most interesting part for me. I want to see everything!
    Cornholio likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread