+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 101 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast
Like Tree255Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

OK I will freely and proudly admit that I am only watching this to see Carter! Its all about the Carter *sighs*

LOL.

Plus I'd like to see if Cynthia actually has any chops behind all that judging she's been doing. We know Vern does. Funny story, we were watching Deserving Design and I told the hubby that people here have made fun of Vern saying that he always has mirrors and candles on his walls. Sure enough, both rooms he did had mirrors and candles. That should be a drinking game or something.

Either way, I still love his designs and can't wait to see this.

What I've found fun is the pre-show set up with George interviewing the combatants. Vern's motivation to win the first challenge against Cynthia is that he doesn't want her whispering "Loser, Loser, Loser" in his ear when she sits next to him next season on DesignStar.

I'm very curious about Cynthia, too. During her introductory bit of tape, they showed her fashion designs not any space designs.

I know this is a fluff piece and fun, but did it bother anyone that the judging panel is so weird?

They said that the space owners will get cash to redo the spaces - but not that the "winning" design will be used or that HGTV would redo the them. Did I hear that right?

I recognize all the sidekicks except James and Jared. Steve Hanneman used to work with Lisa LaPorta but now has his own show and Carmen LaPaz is his sidekick. Anthony Gilardi works with Kim Miles...and then there is, of course, CARTER! It's all about the CARTER! It will be interesting to see how in six or eight hours these teams can gel enough to get the job done.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

House Hunters, especially House Hunters International and House Potential and Property Virgin are on my top ten list right now. It pisses me off no end when I hear what some of these home owners expect for the money. I know what I got for mine. Seeing what you can get in other countries is simply fascinating. I also get very tired of people saying they need more space so they can entertain more. Well what about those of us who just want some space and pooey on entertaining. Even us non entertainers want nice homes and good design.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like House Hunters, and the International one as well, Hidden Potential and Property Virgins. I used to like the show Buy Me, but haven't seen it on the lineup lately.

When I can I still watch Designed to Sell, Get It Sold, and Secrets that Sell.

I just wish my parents took my advice to watch some of these shows last year when they decided to sell the home they lived in for over 40 years. They had never heard of decluttering or staging and would not listen to a word I said about those two subjects! (Of course, Mom didn't care....it was my husband and me who did all the work!)

I love House Hunters too and House Hunters International when they're looking for property in the Caribbean....so I can dream.
    CYA

House Hunters International is my favorite. I love when they ring the doorbell, you hear "ding dong" and get a peek into their after they've been in their new house for a bit.

That's my favorite part of all the House Hunters. I watch them every night.

I also love If Walls Could Talk and What's Up With That House.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3150351;
    House Hunters International is my favorite. I love when they ring the doorbell, you hear "ding dong" and get a peek into their after they've been in their new house for a bit.

Our late golden retriever would bark whenever the ding dong came on House Hunters.

It wasn't so bad if it was during the 7:30 show. It would wake up the little one if it happened during the 10:00 show. Good thing I didn't watch the 2 a.m. show while that dog was alive!

SUMMER SHOWDOWN!

I was a tad disappointed. While I personally liked Cynthia's beach cottage look for the living room, I could see that it wasn't spot on for this mid-western family. Vern's design was closer to the mark...but, I swear...Vern and his family photos drive me nutso on his deserving design show and they drove me nutso here. He is so into the "deserving" family emotional aspect, I expected him to treat this family the same way.

What did Vern's partner (carpenter James) do other than frame out the fireplace and fail at adding a wood design piece to the room? At least Cynthia's partner (carpenter Steve) actually built something.

If it were my living room, I would find a new wall color entirely, tile the fireplace (not in mirrors), and add the built-ins from Cynthia's room. The TV placement in Vern's room was odd unless it was on a swing arm. (another pet peeve - why do they always place the tvs so high on the wall? I would think one would get neck strain from trying to watch it.) They (the family) still need to come up with a solution for the dog kennel - does their dog really need that house, or would a comfy doggy bed do?

I was happy to see the family enjoying a trip to SoCal and receive a check to pay for the makeover. I just hope they don't do a literal Vern Room.

Next week is KITCHEN WEEK. I wonder how many hours will be given for that job?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ariel, in Vern's room they hid the dog kennel under the corner end table. They had fabric covering the table and never pointed it out to the homeowners. I agree about the TV on that wall. It looked like it was too high and was in a weird spot for viewing. People on the one sofa could watch it, but the people sitting on the sofa opposite the fireplace would not be able to watch the TV. I was surprised that the TV did not go above the fireplace. All those butterflies could have gone on the wall that the TV was on.

ETA.....at first the carpenter tried putting that fan thing on that wall, but took it down since he didn't like it. If he had put the fan there, where would the TV have been placed?????

I don't think Cynthia's side had anything for the dog. On the one long wall, she had what looked like towels hanging on hooks (not really hooks, but can't think of what to call them at the moment). I think that was all that was up on that wall and it was such a big area. While I liked the built-ins, I thought they scimped out where the computer was stashed. The area was small and the chair, well that was even smaller!

+ Reply to Thread