+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1204Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I doubt Christina and Tarek are done --- as a show or even as a couple. Insofar as a show, we'll see once watching the upcoming season, and as a couple, the stories have been so off the wall ...

Nonetheless, here's a piece from a month ago ...

HGTV Announces Five Flip or Flop Spinoffs in Chicago, Nashville, Atlanta, Texas and Las Vegas

BY MEGAN STEIN

POSTED ON MARCH 1, 2017 AT 12:45PM EDT

Flip or Flop is getting a major renovation of its own.

The HGTV series that stars recently separated couple Christina and Tarek El Moussa has plans to expand to five cities in 2017 and 2018. The spin-offs have been in the works for “more than a year,” according to a statement from the network — long before the El Moussas announced their split after seven years of marriage in December.

“With the original Flip or Flop, we found that what resonated with viewers was the authenticity, the expertise, the experience and the results they saw in the show,” says Allison Page, general manager, U.S. programming and development for HGTV, Food Network and Travel Channel in a release. “Because every market is unique, there was an opportunity to highlight what works in various regions by featuring successful people in different locations who had mastered the art of flipping in their town.”

Chicago, Nashville, Atlanta, Texas and Las Vegas are all slated to get their own version of the show, with a cast of new hosts — all couples — taking on the flips in each town. The first series to launch will be Flip or Flop Vegas, which premieres April 6. Hosts Bristol and Aubrey Marunde are flippers with decades of experience and parents to two boys.

The Marundes’ version of the hit show will see the husband-and-wife duo acting in similar roles to the El Moussas. MMA fighter Bristol handles construction, while Aubrey takes the lead on the design.

Flip or Flop Atlanta will follow soon after, premiering this summer with hosts Ken and Anita Corsini.

The El Moussas have continued to work together despite their recent separation. In February, Christina took to Instagram to thank the Flip or Flop crew, saying that filming the show has been “a breeze because of them.” The series’ seventh season is set to air this summer, but HGTV has not confirmed plans for the original cast following the release.

Christina maintains a positive attitude about her future, despite the show’s uncertain fate. “There are so many unknowns, [but] it’s invigorating to know I am starting over,” Christina told PEOPLE in February. “It’s fun to be able to create my own destiny right now.”

The two also remain dedicated to co-parenting their two children, Brayden, 1, and Taylor, 6. “The No. 1 goal is to co-parent our children,” Tarek said during an appearance on the Today show. “We have to make sure we remain friendly because we have to make sure they have good parents.”

Flip or Flop Vegas premieres Thursday, April 6 at 9:00 p.m. EST, and Flip or Flop Atlanta will premiere summer 2017 on HGTV.
    momrek06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I love all the Caribbean/Island Life shows. Anything near the water, I'm in.

And again with the big ass kitchen island on Flip or Flop Vegas! I wasn't in love with the black/white/red thing, but overall the house turned out nice.
    That island could be half the size and it would be alright it just seemed way too big for the size of the house. Didn't that house only have one full bath which they closed of and made a master bath and a powder room? It seems they should have had a bathroom in the downstairs part.

I don't mind the black and white them although Joanna Gaines does it sooo much better but I can see that the Vegas Lady is definitely going Big Bling Vegas style in her homes even to the point it was a tad over the top. I did like the mosiac floor in the entryway and the patterns on the stairs, was that carpet. The use of the basketweave tile as a backsplash on the vanity was nicely done as was the tile work in the shower. I found Vegas Wife much less annoying this episode than in the premiere.

PS: I like Beachfront Bargain, I also like Vacation Home for Free, but I luv Lakefront Bargain, you can have water, beach, trees and mountains altogether and use it all year long.
    waywyrd, Cornholio and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Flipping Virgins - still liking it but I have a pet peeve about this and all other flipping shows that showcase newbies. Why do these people all get upset about doing sweat equity. Labor is half or more of any renovation cost. All these folks want these hugh profits but always say about fixer uppers this is too much work yet they are not going to do the work because they don't want to do sweat equity. They also want to sell at way too much and get upset when folks don't want to pay. I appreciate the flippers that renovate and change the floor plans so they are more functional. I really like Good Bones and was on Realtor and Zillow checking out houses in their area and I did see a lot of flips where all the flippers did was update the finishes but did nothing to open up the interior and I was thinking why bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Flipping Virgins - still liking it but I have a pet peeve about this and all other flipping shows that showcase newbies. Why do these people all get upset about doing sweat equity. Labor is half or more of any renovation cost. All these folks want these hugh profits but always say about fixer uppers this is too much work yet they are not going to do the work because they don't want to do sweat equity. They also want to sell at way too much and get upset when folks don't want to pay. I appreciate the flippers that renovate and change the floor plans so they are more functional. I really like Good Bones and was on Realtor and Zillow checking out houses in their area and I did see a lot of flips where all the flippers did was update the finishes but did nothing to open up the interior and I was thinking why bother.
    They probably watched way too much TV, all the flipping shows make it look so easy to rake in big profits. Swing a hammer a few times, lay 2 pieces of tile without ever getting dirty, pick some nice paint colors - and yay, I can make 30K in profit!

Nope. I redo trashed houses to rent out, and it's really hard. You get filthy, tired, it always costs more than you thought...but it's a great feeling to bring a house back to what it should be. Plus, the neighbors usually love you for fixing up that eyesore on their street.

I watched Home Town for the first time today...not bad!
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

THANKS ryansmommy for posting that terrific article on the FLIP or FLOP shows coming!!!

I love all those FLIP shows!!!

KAREN

I found this on my Facebook news feed...for those who watch Rehab Addict.

Nicole Curtis Opens Up About Her Legal Battles - Rehab Addict Returns for Season 8
    ryansmommy likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

It's funny the minute you are successful like Chip and Joanna Gaines and have a TV show people start suing you. I guess they figure you must be rich and you won't miss it if you give them some money.

Chip and Joanna Gaines Magnolia Lawsuit - Chip and Joanna Gaines Getting Sued

HGTV's home improvement power couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, have been hit with a $1 million lawsuit over the property around their well-known Magnolia Market at the Silos in Waco, Texas.

Apparently, there is an alley next to Magnolia Market that does not belong to the Fixer Upper stars. The previous owner of the alley had a lease agreement with the couple, which allowed Magnolia Market customers to park on the property for free.

Things took a turn when that owner sold the land to Daron Farmer, managing member of Head Properties. Farmer wanted to charge visitors to Chip and Joanna's store $10 to park on his property, according to the Waco Tribune.

Unable to reach a compromise over the space, Chip put up a metal gate—which Farmer alleges partially restricts access to his land, thereby illegally obstructing his private property. The couple's lawyer claims Chip and Joanna erected the gate to protect their business, so that Magnolia Market customers don't mistakenly think they're charging a parking fee.

Farmer now seeks between $200,000 and $1 million in damages from the gate, and is demanding that it be removed. Here's to hoping they can get this situation figured out soon—or else it will forever go down in history as Gategate.
    The new owner of land saw an opportunity to make some money and if he couldn't do it from charging parking fees he was going to do it by suing.

Magnolia Market is Being Sued By Visitor For Head Injury - Woman Sues Chip and Joanna Gaines

Waco, Texas draws an estimated 25,000 visitors a week—many of whom are traveling for a chance to visit Magnolia Market at the Silos. But now one of those guests is suing Chip and Joanna Gaines for an injury she claims she experienced on the property.

Magnolia Market is being sued by Nancy Brown, a visitor from San Antonio, who says she sustained head injuries while visiting the Silos back in June, the Waco Tribune-Herald reports. Brown claims that low-hanging steel rods, which support the canopies attached to picnic tables on the premises, caused her injury.

According to Brown, she hit her head on the rods while trying to sit down, and claims they were concealed. "[The] Plaintiff suffered serious and permanent injuries as a direct result of the dangerous condition created by the height and steel rods used for the canopies which are affixed to picnic tables located in an outdoor dining area," the lawsuit explains. It's not clear which set of canopies and picnic tables outside the market may have caused the incident.
    This lady claims she hit her head on metal rods holding up awning over picnic tables that are around the silos. The article has a photo of the picnic tables and she must be very tall like 7 or 8 feet to have hit her head on the "low hanging" rods hard enough to cause a concussion.
    ryansmommy likes this.

Oh, come on. One guy wants a million over a stupid gate, and someone else apparently can't look where she's going and wants to get paid for it. Just a couple of losers making a money grab, IMO.
    Bearcata and Cornholio like this.

What is with the blonde on Flip or Flop Vegas and her huge islands this is the third one in a row?

I was laughing about that last night, too. She's definitely got a thing for oversized islands.

The house did come out nice, not so blingy as the last one. The floor was a bit dark for my taste - every speck of dust shows up! - but overall I liked it, especially some of the light fixtures and tile they used. I also like that she bargain hunts and doesn't just go out and spend a ridiculous amount of money on materials.

+ Reply to Thread