+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: HGTV Shows

Debbi Travis has a new competition show on Saturday Afternoons. Today was the second episode - wish I had seen the first - and it looks interesting.

The title is From The Ground Up and is a search for her Design Assistant or Primary Designer or something that sounds like her right-hand person with responsibility. She started out with what I think was 16 designers from around Canada and is cutting one a week. In the second challenge, three teams of five took on kids' camping cabins with storage issues. After confabbing with their clients - a school bus load of kids - they huddled up and tried not to bicker. Oh, well, it is a show with a prize at the end of it. The contestants could re-purpose whatever from rubbish and old wood piles around the area. It was bitter cold and rainy. The only heat was an outdoors campfire. The only HOT item around was:

SCOTT MCILVERY! He is her Tim Gunn, and I must say does a nice job of it looking all rugged and dimply.

I've now set my DVR to pick up the series as I've always like Debbi and Scott makes me drool. And, of course, it will be interesting to see which contestant will enter into Debbi's new business of designing condos and houses.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I saw the first episode last week.
    Missed this week's one.
    They're competing for Chief Designer.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

There's a kitchy new show called Selling New York -- has anyone seen it? It's kind of like a cross between a NYC episode of House Hunters and Real Housewives of New York City. Thursdays evenings. I can't decided how I feel about the realtors, but most of the NY properties are fabulous!

FORT Fogey

The realtors are hard to take....maybe a NY thing, but the properties are the draw. I would always buy a NY paper on the days when they were featuring Real Estate, but now I don't have to....TV is better

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I love HGTV Thursday nights now. My First Place is new, followed by the new show My First Sale. I love My First Sale. It's neat to see things from the other side. The NY show is on after these two. I like it so far.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3874505;
    There's a kitchy new show called Selling New York -- has anyone seen it? It's kind of like a cross between a NYC episode of House Hunters and Real Housewives of New York City. Thursdays evenings. I can't decided how I feel about the realtors, but most of the NY properties are fabulous!
    I saw the one with the "gorgeous" young and rich couple. The condo they ended up buying was VERY nice and for NY seemed actually reasonably priced. I'll tune in but as you said, for the properties and not the people.

I'm loving "Selling New York," if only to live vicariously. Considering that my apartment there was 140 square feet with the kitchen in the hall closet, I'm surprised that so many of these really nice places aren't more expensive. Then again, they never mention the monthly maintenance fees.

I also like "My First Place," but with a minor peeve: some of these buyers are sooooo spoiled! They want to redo perfectly good kitchens, pout over tile instead of granite, complain that a walk-in closet isn't big enough, and consider brand-new white appliances "dated." Maybe my parents' Depression-era ethos is more ingrained in me than I thought, but sheesh.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

What happened to Unsellables, I love Sophie? Where is Income Property? I really like that show too.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3874811;
    I'm loving "Selling New York," if only to live vicariously. Considering that my apartment there was 140 square feet with the kitchen in the hall closet, I'm surprised that so many of these really nice places aren't more expensive. Then again, they never mention the monthly maintenance fees.

I also like "My First Place," but with a minor peeve: some of these buyers are sooooo spoiled! They want to redo perfectly good kitchens, pout over tile instead of granite, complain that a walk-in closet isn't big enough, and consider brand-new white appliances "dated." Maybe my parents' Depression-era ethos is more ingrained in me than I thought, but sheesh.
    I was telling someone pretty much that the other day, but from watching HOUSE HUNTERS. I never want to hear the expressions en suite bath, master suite, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, bonus room etc ever again. My "new kitchen" is ten years old and I still love it, but it would be looked at as "out-dated" by many people. Just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3875023;
    I was telling someone pretty much that the other day, but from watching HOUSE HUNTERS. I never want to hear the expressions en suite bath, master suite, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, bonus room etc ever again. My "new kitchen" is ten years old and I still love it, but it would be looked at as "out-dated" by many people. Just sad.
    We are such a spoiled nation in many regards.
    My kitchen (top of the line at the time) is 19 years old. High end (white) appliances, Corian countertops and all the bells and whistles in my cabinets. I'm supposed to replace all that because now stainless, granite and a more contemporary look is "in?" I'm thankful for what I have and will continue to enjoy it. I think years ago before these show and when we didn't see the insides of so many homes, people were happier with what they had and less concerned about keeping up with the current design trend.

+ Reply to Thread