+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666 ... LastLast
Like Tree227Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3315781;
    There is a really good new show on HGTV Wednesday nights at 9:30pm. It is called Income Property. The premise is that person buys a house and converts the basement into an income property. The before and after photos are simply amazing and the host of the show is really easy on the eyes. Yum.
    I've watched that show many times. I also like how at the end they tell you how quickly and for how much they rented the apartment out.

I've been surprised at some of what seems like major code violations they have in the basements or even ratty existing apartments.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

HGTV and FOOD NETWORK have lost a cable system in the North East.

Fox, Time Warner Cable reach agreement - Jan. 1, 2010
    Cablevision drops Food, HGTV
    In a separate dispute, Cablevision Systems, which delivers cable programming to homes in the New York metropolitan area, said Friday it was no longer carrying channels operated by Scripps Networks, including The Food Channel and HGTV.

"We are sorry that Scripps' current financial difficulties are making it impossible for them to continue our relationship on terms that are reasonable for Cablevision and our customers," Cablevision said in a statement. "We wish Scripps well and have no expectation of carrying their programming again, given the dramatic changes in their approach to working with distributors to reach television viewers."

"Viewers love our talent and our shows, which is why Food Network and HGTV rank among the top networks in cable," said Kenneth W. Lowe, chairman of Scripps Networks Interactive, in a statement. "But our valuable networks simply are not being compensated like top ten networks by Cablevision."

Scripps says it has launched viewer Web campaigns aimed at getting the two networks back on Cablevision, which says it has 4.7 million customers in the New York area.
    I wonder if the bolded section reflects on the news that The Mark Burnett company will produce or have a hand in the next Design Star.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3781529;
    HGTV and FOOD NETWORK have lost a cable system in the North East.

Fox, Time Warner Cable reach agreement - Jan. 1, 2010
    I wonder if the bolded section reflects on the news that The Mark Burnett company will produce or have a hand in the next Design Star.
    Really. That could only help the show, I hope.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I happened to flip on late yesterday and caught the end of Antonio's show.
    I guess he had designed a home for a rocker.
    I didn't mind Antonio so much when he was on DS, but I found him, his dsign and his appearance last night all pretty unwatchable.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I really enjoyed his show. I like his friends/workers and the way he messed with the owner. The finished product was incredible, and I will be watching again.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

If anyone is watching, I opened a new thread, which was placed in this forum, for the new competition show, Design Interns. It originally aired yesterday but I haven't had a chance to watch it from my DVR yet. I hope others are also watching...this could be more like Apprentice than Design Star.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I just couldn't stomach the way HGTV was pushing The Antonio Project on several other cable networks. Just made me want even more not to watch it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3315781;
    There is a really good new show on HGTV Wednesday nights at 9:30pm. It is called Income Property. The premise is that person buys a house and converts the basement into an income property. The before and after photos are simply amazing and the host of the show is really easy on the eyes. Yum.
    I love this show...the premise is simple and practical and the host (can't remember his name offhand) is definitely YUM!!

OTH...had to turn off the new Jamie Durie show (guy from Australia). Way too annoying and generic. He was barely in the episode I was watching and they kept showing the crew getting po'd at him. what's up with that?? too bad, I love Aussie accents!
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

I know, Gala62. I've watched three episodes and he makes you want to slap him. In the latest where he pulled off a Japanese garden the lead carpenter was soooo frustrated and the flower lady was beside herself. Jamie was always running off to another site on this and the previous show...not supervising like he should...plus he kept changing the plans which threw everybody for a loop.

I do like the new one called Curb Appeal: Block Party. I didn't like the host during his stint on Designed to Sell in Atlanta, but this time his arrogance seems a bit tamed and the projects have come off wonderfully.

The host of Income Property is named Scott McIlvery and he is gorgeous. I love that the tear down always reveals rot and mold and the project costs go over budget...but, it must be fixed...

David's new season from Miami (sans California work crew - sob) probably starts in March along with Antonio's show. Antonio traveled away from LA (I think to the midwest for at least one of the new shows.)

ETA: For Bachelor fans, Reid Rosenthal's stint as a Realtor for First Time Homebuyers airs tomorrow (Tues Jan 5th) at 8:30. The cable info is that he gets frustrated by a buyer who keeps trying to underbid.

ETA: For Bachelor fans, Reid Rosenthal's stint as a Realtor for First Time Homebuyers airs tomorrow (Tues Jan 5th) at 8:30. The cable info is that he gets frustrated by a buyer who keeps trying to underbid.[/QUOTE]

I watched My first Place last night. Hadn't watched the Bachelorette last season, so I didn't know Reid, but I know a lot of people on the boards liked him.
    I just found him very boring and not attractive. Sorry, but IMO.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread