+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1308Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

  1. #1181
    FORT Figment KTinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,332

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I've been watching and really enjoying a lot of the real estate shows on the FYI channel. They've got quite a few home series that I really like: My favorites are: Waterfront House Hunting, Celebrity House Hunting, Tiny House Hunting, Tiny House Nation, We're Moving In (people moving in together, with different opinions, of course) and Unplugged Nation (people checking out other cities to live in).

    Plus there's also Flip This House and the whole 'Flipping' series (e.g. Flipping Boston, Flipping Las Vegas, Flipping San Diego, etc. etc.) and they seem to be adding new real estate shows all the time. FYI is turning out to be a really good channel (with lots of other kinds of fun shows to watch too!).

    Maybe we should make the title to this thread "HGTV and FYI Home Shows" and add discussion of the FYI real estate shows to this thread. What do you all think?
    I like your idea, but they're on so many channels other than just FYI. Maybe just 'house hunting' shows? Not sure that even is defined enough. I'm not looking for a house yet I watch all the 'on the water' and tiny house shows. How do we define one thread for them all? Maybe this is still the best place for our general audience.

  2. #1182
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,210

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    I like your idea, but they're on so many channels other than just FYI. Maybe just 'house hunting' shows? Not sure that even is defined enough. I'm not looking for a house yet I watch all the 'on the water' and tiny house shows. How do we define one thread for them all? Maybe this is still the best place for our general audience.
    "House Hunting Shows" - That's a really good idea, KTinCT, cause there are so many different house hunting and house design shows that are fun and interesting to talk about!

  3. #1183
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    20,914

    Re: HGTV Shows

    I recorded some of the Tiny House Hunting shows on FYI ... don't really like Tiny House Nation as it is an hour long and do I really need to see someone tell other people how to live in a tiny house, I do like Tiny House Hunters though. Some of the house hunters do come across as wack jobs, like the woman writer from Boise who wanted a monastic like setting and insisted that her husband and two kids try to live in a 200 sq foot home.
    Maveno and Imperfect1 like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  4. #1184
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,731

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Yeah. That writer in Boise had me yelling at the TV. I don't even know why she was pretending that she cared whether or not the space actually worked for her family. They totally could have gone with that third place and redecorated the trailer to be "monastic" for her. So selfish!

    The good news is that they weren't getting rid of their regular home, so the husband and older child only had to camp there for a few months out of the year.

    On a different front, I actually like Tiny House Nation. I enjoy seeing all of the tricks they come up with for making the spaces work. I could do without all of John's segments about paring down, and if those were gone, it would probably only be about 1/2 hour, which I would prefer.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  5. #1185
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    20,914

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Yeah. That writer in Boise had me yelling at the TV. I don't even know why she was pretending that she cared whether or not the space actually worked for her family. They totally could have gone with that third place and redecorated the trailer to be "monastic" for her. So selfish!

    The good news is that they weren't getting rid of their regular home, so the husband and older child only had to camp there for a few months out of the year.

    On a different front, I actually like Tiny House Nation. I enjoy seeing all of the tricks they come up with for making the spaces work. I could do without all of John's segments about paring down, and if those were gone, it would probably only be about 1/2 hour, which I would prefer.
    Exactly.

    What I find kinda strange is that the couples already have a contractor building the tiny house and here are Zach and John showing up and redesigning the space, all the space planning should have already been figured out and the finishes chosen and ordered. This show is presenting the building process as a random process.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  6. #1186
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    20,914

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Beach Flip - Episode 5 - Guest Room Den

    Spray Tan doesn't want any advice form David Bromstead. Spray Tan goes on and on and on how she doesn't need a stinking space plan cause it's all in her head. Then there is Melissa who finally takes David Bromstead's advice and makes a space plan. Who wins? That's right the team that did the space plan.

    The most arrogant award goes to the Two Divas and Spray Tan. Gag, it's hard to breath in the room with those three egos.

    I really hoped Nick and Sarah would have won because I do honestly believe they are becoming a team to be reckoned with.
    No goat killers on my island.

  7. #1187
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    20,914

    Re: HGTV Shows

    On Tiny House Hunters I get really ticked off at the hunters as they all want to live in a tiny house and yet are so disappointed when the tiny house does not have a big closet, full size kitchen and bathroom. I can only shake my head and go DUH!
    Miss_Griss and TripleGemini like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  8. #1188
    FORT Figment KTinCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,332

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Did you see the tiny house couple with the St. Bernard dog (and his steps upstairs)?

    Oh, My Lanta - that should take two weeks of wet fur and another-warm-body and that best bud will be out of that loft!!
    Imperfect1 likes this.

  9. #1189
    Read The Clue Bearcata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Edge of the Beltway
    Posts
    20,914

    Re: HGTV Shows

    Quote Originally Posted by KTinCT View Post
    Did you see the tiny house couple with the St. Bernard dog (and his steps upstairs)?

    Oh, My Lanta - that should take two weeks of wet fur and another-warm-body and that best bud will be out of that loft!!


    I liked that goose neck trailer they used and that gave them that additional living space, but that is a big dog.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

  10. #1190
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    7,270

    Re: HGTV Shows

    I just discovered Farmhouse Life and I really like it!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.