+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: HGTV Shows

Re: HGTV Shows

I taped this last night. Beginning to wonder if I should watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3169175;
    I taped this last night. Beginning to wonder if I should watch it.
    You can fastforward through the dorky stuff (one team "trash talking" and being "sneaky" each episode). It is fun to see two visions of one room side-by-side.

It is pretty contrived, but parts are good. I don't like the obvious encouraging or scripting of one contestant to be the little devil. At least I hope that is what she was doing.

I've finally come over to the "the designers have planned their designs before the show and requested materials" side. There's no way that the yellow plexiglass that David used for his headboard was just lying around.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3169127;
    shoepie - I'm 61 and wish I was an artist of any medium. I much preferred David's room and was thrilled that he won. I was thinking that the furniture lines and surfaces in Constance's room might appeal to one with conservative tastes (I guess I shouldn't have used the word, mature) and I didn't think this particular young woman appeared very conservative. While I don't know very much about Pottery Barn, I thought Constance's room did look like a department store showpiece with its layout.
    Yes, conservative is probably the best word.

Norealityhere, this was the best episode they have had so far! Watch it, for sure.

Miss Griss, happy to see you onboard. I knew that plexiglass would make believers out of many who "buy" the premis.

I have never seen Contance's show and I never will. Yowza, she is obnoxious!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3169382;

Norealityhere, this was the best episode they have had so far! Watch it, for sure.

Miss Griss, happy to see you onboard. I knew that plexiglass would make believers out of many who "buy" the premis.

Shoepie,

Thanks. I guess I will have to watch it, then. I really can't stand to watch Constance, but I do like David. I did cheat already and look at the 2 finished products. So, I guess I will have to see how they came about. Hopefully, I can avoid some of the drama by FF button.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3169534;
    Shoepie,

Thanks. I guess I will have to watch it, then. I really can't stand to watch Constance, but I do like David. I did cheat already and look at the 2 finished products. So, I guess I will have to see how they came about. Hopefully, I can avoid some of the drama by FF button.
    I Tivo decorating shows and skip to the end every time! If I am curious about how they did something I will go back and look. I rip through them in about 7 minutes, tops. That is about the same amount of time it takes my Rat Terrier to get the squeaker out of a new toy.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3169692;
    I Tivo decorating shows and skip to the end every time! If I am curious about how they did something I will go back and look. I rip through them in about 7 minutes, tops. That is about the same amount of time it takes my Rat Terrier to get the squeaker out of a new toy.

Good lord, I just pictured this as a race, stopwatch and all.

Seriously, I need to do that on some of these shows. It would save me time watching some clunkers. (design on a dime, Miles of Styles, Rate my Space to name a few)

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3169382;

Well, it took me a long time to figure out the Santa Claus thing, too. What can I say? I like the fantasy.

But there comes a point when even the most naive of us must face reality.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I was watching House Hunters last night and loved the ranch style townhouse with the gigantic finished basement with the hardwood floors. Did you see all the closets and extra storgage they had. Ugh. It may have only been 1600 sq ft, but with two bedrooms and two baths who cares. It was space really well laid out. I hate, hate, hate three and four story townhouses that are the stable here in Virginia, but that two story was amazing. Even the middle one they show with a split level with 3 levels that was really nice too with the 2 balconies and the sewing room.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3170288;
    I was watching House Hunters last night and loved the ranch style townhouse with the gigantic finished basement with the hardwood floors. Did you see all the closets and extra storgage they had. Ugh. It may have only been 1600 sq ft, but with two bedrooms and two baths who cares. It was space really well laid out. I hate, hate, hate three and four story townhouses that are the stable here in Virginia, but that two story was amazing. Even the middle one they show with a split level with 3 levels that was really nice too with the 2 balconies and the sewing room.

I didn't see this show but I so agree about 3 and 4 story town houses. They are a very unpleasant way to live. I particularly dislike the ones with the living room on the top floor and the sleeping on the lower one's with the kitchen in the middle. Who wants to answer the door and drag your guest up two or 3 stories, much less answer the damn door.

+ Reply to Thread