+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Paula

Hey Paula

I'm sitting here watching the premiere of this disaster and wondering if anyone else is. If there is already another thread, I apologize, but I cannot find it.

There is something vaguely reminiscent of The Anna Nicole Show. She is either medicated, drunk, or just plain air-headed at all times. They seem to be portraying her as never getting any sleep and being surrounded by idiots at all times. I'm not buying it, but it's a fascinating waste of my time. Kind of like a bad car wreck.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Re: Hey Paula

Oh my God, I thought the same thing about Anna Nichol! Thats why I had to run in and check the boards to see if anyone else was feeling me on this train wreck...Yeeps!

FORT Regular

It's a horrible P.R. effort. "She's tired, she works so hard, she's a consumate professional." You couldn't pay me enough to be Paula's assistant, all of that passive-aggressive nonsense.

Premium Member

I didn't get a chance to watch this tonight, but you know sometimes I'm afraid that Paula is going to end up just like Anna Nicole and the previews just made me feel sorry for her. I'll bet this show doesn't last long.

lei
    FORT Fogey

It sounds really sad. Why, Paula, why?

Quote Originally Posted by lei;2455560;
    It sounds really sad. Why, Paula, why?
    It WAS sad. It was not really entertaining to watch - more like painful and uncomfortable. I know being sleep deprived (she has insomnia) can make you loopy and emotional but man, she was waaaaaay out there. Even if she wasn't under the influence of alcohol or medication, I think it still comes off that way - most people would probably think she is. And her assistants... blessed them, I don't know if I could handle her emotional roller coaster. I don't dislike Paula at all, I think she has a great heart, but I don't think she's being portrayed in a positive way - why would she do this to herself? Any publicity is better than no publicity? So far the show is not what I thought it would be, I don't know if I'll watch again (who am I kidding, I probably will).

LG.

I felt bad for Paula after watching last night. I want someone to tell her "insomnia or not, you need to stop drinking coffee after 5 pm and then go get in some comfy pjs and hang out in a bed by midnight and at least TRY to get some sleep, rather than running around in a limo complaining about how tired you are." I've had insomnia, but letting your body get some physical rest (even if you can't actually sleep) is still beneficial. She should see a doctor and try a prescription sleep aid if insomnia is causing her this much trouble in her life. That would be preferable than people thinking that she's high or drunk if she's actually just overtired. Poor Paula, pull it together.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

If it's not a substance abuse problem them maybe Paula has a psychological problem. She would be laughing one minute then crying the next. She doesn't seem sober/healthy. Maybe she does need more sleep. Her assistants could have done a better job packing, but she was a brat to stay in the car and almost miss her flight.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2455786;
    I want someone to tell her "insomnia or not, you need to stop drinking coffee after 5 pm...
    i forgot the coffee bit!! she is dog tired but instead of heading straight to the hotel to zonk out, she gets coffee from starbucks at 4AM??!! wtf, that made no sense. and 'her people' enabling her. she seemed completely dilusional at starbucks. the employees were just standing there watching the spectacle.

Is it possible she staged all the stupidity to sell this show to Bravo? Or just a lame attempt to get good ratings?

It's seems awfully coincidental that the most horrific and tragic gaffs in Paula Abdul's career seem to have magically happened during the filming of the very first 2 episodes of her reality show.

Maybe she's smarter than she looks, acts, or smells...
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast