+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey Paula

Re: Hey Paula

I can't believe that her publisist lets her go out like that. Whether she's exhausted, on drugs, drunk or whatever the excuse is, she should not go out like that in public, not to mention have this on TV. In my professional opinion, she is obviously on something, her eyes are glossy, her mouth is dry, she can't stand up straight, her words are slurred.

The Starbucks part and then at the perfume place... crazy. It was hard watch.

She sure does have a diva side.

Hilarious when she was looking for her limo and tripped.

I saw last night's episode and did feel sorry for the woman but she still is so out of it. She kept saying she didn't use/do recreational drugs well prescription drugs are still drugs. I read in another forum that she was on pain pills, which would totally explain it and why she is so adamant about not using recreational drugs she's in denial that they are drugs.

As always, I get sucked into these reality shows so I will continue watching the train wreck.

Splitting my time between Washington and Los Angeles

This show is so hard to watch sometimes. I get sucked in, only to find myself saying "Paula, what were you thinking?!?"

I feel bad for her in a way because this show cannot be beneficial to her career in anyway.

FORT Newbie

At the beginning of the show she mentions that the show is all about her and her *friends*, which is really sad since her *friends* are all paid employees.

This is a show I can't watch even 5 minutes.I actually feel uncomfortable and I don't even know her. I feel sorry for the people that have to be around her. I think that this whole show will do nothing for her career either. It will just show more people what a wacked out woman she really is. I am suprised her manager would even let her do a show like this. She has to be on something and IMHO way too much of them. So Sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FORT Fogey

I don't really consider this a negaitve or a positive, but I do think that in many ways, this show does a better job of illustrating the reality of celebrity than a lot of celeb-reality shows do. You really see the amount of time that she puts into things, how little time there is to prepare for public things that you'd assume are rehersed over and over, the pressure of the product your selling being YOU, etc.

Gingerale, That was something that jumped out at me. Where are any friends, family? There is something definitely so needy about her. I still can;t help but like her but something is seriously lacking in her life. she seems so lonely, even in a crowded room. Her fans and employees are her friends? It is just so sad.

Proud Red Sox Lover irishkate81's Avatar

And do you ever notice how she never has cash? At the Starbucks, at the swag thing, she took money from her assistants and stuff.
    BB9 Josh to Sharon: "Code Red Emergency, I need your Precious Moments Bible!!""

FORT Fogey

I think the no cash thing is fairly typical for celebs at any level. When I was working in retail when I was in college, there were quite a few sports celebs who would come through my store. They never had cash on them. They don't pay their own bills either. All of their pay goes through their agent / management team, and all of their bills go there too. There are people who handle paying all their bills on their agent's staffs.

I just caught a few of these episodes and OMG what a train wreck she is!!! My personal feeling is that all the little "interview" segments where Paula talks as sober as can be about how tired she always was were done solely to try to be some sort of damage control for all the bad press she got for those interviews on tv where there was obviously something wrong with her. They are sooooooo beating the "I am soooo tired, I need some sleep" thing to death that it is not believable. I don't know about you, but when my husband or children are not telling the truth, they tend to repeat the same "stories" over and over again I guess hoping that I will believe it if they say it enough times!! I'm sorry but if Paula Abdul is NOT on something on that show (which she SURE acts like she is!!) then maybe she NEEDS to be on something.....I have suffered from severe insomnia and yes, it makes you a little "off" sometimes, but with her slurring her words and saying things that make absolutely NO sense and her manic behavior, I think this is something besides sleep deprivation....just my opinion

FORT Fanatic

Wow. I agree with everyone. This is a trainwreck of extrordinary proportions. I just caught it the other night after reading all of your comments. WHY would she allow everyone to see her in this light?
    I was up till the wee hours watching it the other night, knowing that I should go to bed, yet unable to pull myself away. Can't wait to see it again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast