+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Science of Love

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar

Re: Science of Love

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2452067;
    I liked Adam, but when I saw him I thought "No way is he really an NFL long-snapper" because he's just not big enough to stand on the line in the NFL. My hubby used to be a nose tackle (not NFL though, college and semi-pro) and nose tackles often line up across from the long-snapper. Mr. LG could push this guy aside or back into the QB with one hand.
    He's never appeared in an NFL game, just on practice squads.

It would be a penalty if Mr. LG did that, however. The long-snapper is protected from the tackle pushing him aside or crushing him in the instant after the snap. That gives them one instant to set properly and at least have a chance. There are several NFL long-snappers his size. They never appear on the line on a normal play from scrimmage.

Also, the long-snapper only snaps to a punter or field-goal kick holder, never to a quarterback.

It's probably the most specialized role in professional football. They have one job, they do it maybe 8-10 times per game, and they have to be perfect every time. When you see a bad snap in an NFL game, you might be witnessing the end of a career, and an opportunity for AJ.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

Found this interesting. Google---My Buddy TV, there is an an interview with Adam Johnson, about the show. Not sure how to bring it over here. At the end he says he can't say a lot but that the show was a success. The interview was yesterday. He is trying out for the 49'ers. The position he plays is tight end in football. I thought the same, Casey Dee lives in California and he is now there. Hmmmmmmmmm. Loved the show, very informative. Maybe single people watching can learn some secrets that science knows.

LG.

Thanks for the information about the role of the long-snapper, Anemic Dog. That makes more sense, as I think the football player hiking the ball to the quarterback (the center?) is generally a bigger guy. Of course Mr. LG didn't watch this with me as he thinks "we" don't have any need for dating shows now that we're married. I don't let that stop me from watching cheesy reality dating shows though

I liked the concept of the show and wouldn't mind seeing more episode, with a little more follow up perhaps.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

So did he choose Instinct girl or Science girl? I got an important phone call and missed the last half of the show. It was pretty entertaining from what I saw though. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jensbiggestfan;2452186;
    science girl seems so familiar; like she's from another reality show from the past. either that or she's just a hybrid of some laguna beach girl i cant think of & the trump daughter.
    Well, if you watched Gay Straight or Taken on Lifetime, she was on it once and picked the taken guy.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by BubbleBunny;2453494;
    Well, if you watched Gay Straight or Taken on Lifetime, she was on it once and picked the taken guy.
    Hah...

How do they do it? Simply wander from one reality show to another...

I hope it works out for them, but I figure Adam is not gonna hook up with a pro team, and Science Girl will turn up on Amazing Race, or something else...

Being proven wrong would, however, restore "part" of my faith in humankind!

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

Thanks to some sleuthers elsewhere as well as BubbleBunny for your good work. Both Casey and Adam were on different episodes of Gay Straight, or Taken. Here are links:
    and Lifetimetv.com: Gay, Straight or Taken - Episode Guide and Lifetimetv.com: Gay, Straight or Taken - Episode Guide
    Here is Adam's imdb link. He must be dabbling in acting. Adam Paul Johnson

How do they do it? Simply wander from one reality show to another...
    They have good agents?

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;2453599;
    Thanks to some sleuthers elsewhere as well as BubbleBunny for your good work. Both Casey and Adam were on different episodes of Gay Straight, or Taken. Here are links:
    and Lifetimetv.com: Gay, Straight or Taken - Episode Guide and Lifetimetv.com: Gay, Straight or Taken - Episode Guide
    Here is Adam's imdb link. He must be dabbling in acting. Adam Paul Johnson

They have good agents?
    Very interesting thanks pajamasam! I guess there are plenty of reality tv opps for those who want to break into show biz.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234