+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Science of Love

Re: Science of Love

I thought that this show was different, but I swear sometimes I thought I was watching the Discovery Channel or some other cable nitch channel when they started doing the scientific superimposed graphics on Adam and Casey's eyes or whatever. I agree that it was a nice break, but I wonder if it would be worth an entire summer's run
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

I liked it...but not him. He doesn't seem ready to settle down...still a player. She should have agreed to come back next week instead of going to HI with him. I'm sure they're already not together anymore.

FORT Newbie

I liked this show. It actually had some interesting content, and the format was creative and informative. Besides, the underlying premise is an interesting one.

Does anybody know whether Adam and Casey are still dating?

I thought it was much more entertaining than Age of Love... I'm wondering if this might be a pilot? I would definitely like to see more episodes.

Science Girl DID have a deep voice, but before long, hers sounded normal and Instinct Girl's voice sounded squeaky...

This was obviously done while Age was being taped, since Mark was already out there - and it is the same production company and EP.

I thought they wound up making a very good looking couple...

;0))

PK
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

I found the show interesting. The football player/bachelor, reminded me of Charlie O. It appeared that he selected women in the past whose personalities were similar to his mother ~ extrovert and such (and much!), except the brunette version, whereas he himself seemed like a calm, laid back teddy bear.

I did wonder how much of the science the "real" Bachelor show uses of the adrenaline rush type dates to enhance and rush the "love" aspect.

From the editing, it appeared that science gal would be "the one," and actually who I was rooting for.

Not quite buying Adam saying he was ready to settle down in his life.

This was fun to watch for a summer Monday night.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

When Mark introduced Science Girl, did anyone else think he called her Quesadilla?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

FORT Fan

Instinct Girl didn't have a chance against Science Girl. The instinct pick was done in such a random and rushed way, a match that was more carefully chosen would have to be better. Plus the planned date was far superior to whatever lame idea of a date the average guy would have.

Personally, if a guy told me he had cheated- and more than once!- I would drop him immediately. But Instinct Girl liked him for it? And since when do you become a "hobag" for kissing on the first date but it's OK to grind your butt up against his crotch with your hand on his thigh on the dance floor?

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;2452028;
    When Mark introduced Science Girl, did anyone else think he called her Quesadilla?
    ME!! *raises hand* I thought her name was quesadilla too, and then thought, "if my name were Casey, I doubt I'd also use my middle name Dee" and disliked her for that, but got to like her better as the date went on. I liked the show. I love cheesy summer dating shows. This reminds me of The Dating Experiment one that was on I think ABC a couple summers ago, where people would need to follow instructions on letters that were intended to make them fall in love with someone over just a short period of time.

I liked Adam, but when I saw him I thought "No way is he really an NFL long-snapper" because he's just not big enough to stand on the line in the NFL. My hubby used to be a nose tackle (not NFL though, college and semi-pro) and nose tackles often line up across from the long-snapper. Mr. LG could push this guy aside or back into the QB with one hand. I do love football players though. I missed the part where he'd told Instinct Girl that he'd cheated, though, as that makes me like him a lot less. I wonder if they are together.

And I totally did not get the part about offering CaseyDee-A her own "perfect match" because if their technology and science is right, Casey Dee wouldn't even BE Adam's perfect match if he wasn't her perfect match also? RIght? I mean really, how perfect can a match be if it is only based on the wants and needs of ONE PERSON in a couple. I thought that made their process very bogus. On match.com (where I met my hubby, BTW) you can choose to search for matches that 1.) people who meet your critiera, 2.) people whose criteria you match, or 3.) MUTUAL MATCHES and I never ever understood why anyone would waste time with the first two categories as mutual matches were the only ones that made sense for me. My hubby was an 87% mutual match for me, btw.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

He may have doubted the process, but his eyes lit up when Casey walked through the door. The "scientific" interludes were interesting...bonding through fear and the five minute stare. Also, be sure your first date location contains plenty of oxygen! LOL.

I had the same concern, in the end, that L.G. expressed. They ran him through the sweat ringer to find his triggers, but what about her? Was she located on a compatibility match then, among those also found, did they narrow the field to match the chemistry triggers they had located with him? That part was very confusing - but they only had an hour to make their point.

This was a special event, not a planned series, so I'm not surprised Casey decided to date Adam. Also, with her height and coloring, they "looked" physiclally good together. The producer sponsor inspired enhancements during their date are not available to every first date, more's the pity. But, maybe a few people took notice and will now set up at least a few of those elements for themselves.

Interesting.

FORT Regular

Saw his MySpace page, seems BOTH Casey & Nina are on there as friends. Casey is a model who seems to be going on with her life after the show, although seems she was heading to Tampa this spring where he was in TBB spring camp before she went to Europe for Vaca.

Noticed later that he got cut from Tampa and headed back to LA, BTW, Casey lives in Santa Monica.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast