+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "Ice Road Truckers"

"Ice Road Truckers"

Anybody watching this on the History Channel? It's by the same guy who produces "Deadliest Catch." They drive semis on an ice road formed on top of frozen lakes. The first episode had me on the edge of my seat.

Re: "Ice Road Truckers"

These guys are crazy. I totally don't know how they do it. 16" thick is all they need to start the ice road. But it seems they have been doing it for 75 years.

Did it seem to you that there are rest areas in the 354 miles? I looked like there were but I didn't understand how if they have to wait for the lakes to freeze that they could have them.

I saw a preview for it and it looked interesting. I will have to see if I can catch it. What night is it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome;2447399;
    I saw a preview for it and it looked interesting. I will have to see if I can catch it. What night is it on?
    Not sure, because I just set my TiVo for it.

Premium Member

I saw the preview for it on Deadliest Catch. It looks pretty interesting so we'll have to watch for it. Is Mike Rowe in it? I'll watch anything with Mike Rowe.

I saw the first episode. It has a lot of the look and feel of Deadlist Catch but it doesn't seem to have as much of the drama. So far it has only been one episode so it could get better but a lot of the drama seems created via editing as opposed to what happens on deadliest catch.

Examples include sound affect every time they go onto the ice that are obviously added in for affect, the same showing of the same cracks in the ice every time they go onto the ice, etc.

So far it is a lot of built up drama, but in the end it is just a driver in the cab. Sometimes they have to look real hard during white out conditions and sometimes they have breakdowns, other then that it is just a driver in a cab doing a dangerous job.

So far it is nowhere near as good as Deadlist Catch.

I'm watching this for the first time. I love shows about snow and ice. Don't know the appeal-if they had Survivor in the cold I would be in heaven.

You couldn't pay me enough to do this. Can you imagine the constant fear of being swallowed up by the lake? Crazy. They were saying that if indeed you go down, the ice will almost immediately form again. Pretty much instant death.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

I finally caught this show and it was very interesting. I also would be a wreck if I was driving on those ice roads, the ice cracks would freak me out.

I also saw, this show airs Sunday nights at 10 to answer my own question.

I have read about these guys. I wasn't aware there was a show until I just saw an ad on Speed Channel. I might watch it tonight.

I find this show fascinating! I just don't see how they do this! I thought it was a 1 hour special as opposed to a series. Don't know which would be better. It will be interesting to see how many supplies they get delivered. Who would have thought it takes that much to process diamonds! It would be cool to see some of that also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast