+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "Ice Road Truckers"

Re: "Ice Road Truckers"

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3487570;
    well here we go with episode 2 and we have a WOMAN driving ...wooohooo..but this road still makes my stomach quiver

I mean IDK..but couldn't some of this equipment be transported by helicopter????
    I think the payloads are way too large and helicopters would not be cost efficient and/or it may be too cold.

The weight and the weather is probably a factor in the helicopter thing. Then facilities to store/repair them, places to land, and the cost of hiring a pilot probably an influence too.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3487905;
    Are they still showing them trucking for DeBeers or are they working another company this time?
    they are showing a company named Carlisle this go around
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

well here we go with episode 2 and we have a WOMAN driving ...wooohooo..
    Woo Hoo is RIGHT!!!

My husband is in love! He was so excited that a woman was driving and had the b***s to go through the whole thing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3488697;
    My husband is in love! He was so excited that a woman was driving and had the b***s to go through the whole thing!
    she's got a big set of them too...I mean the way she took that road..omg..doing the speed thing

FORT Regular

well here we go with episode 2 and we have a WOMAN driving ...wooohooo..but this road still makes my stomach quiver

I mean IDK..but couldn't some of this equipment be transported by helicopter????
    I know, right? I was wondering why some of these things couldn't be transported by military style planes that are equipped to handle big loads. yeah they are expensive but we are talking about a billion dollar industry. that being said, it would be no fun watching a bunch of planes land.

i want to see alex and the other guy from canada take their first trip.

This show is amazing! I never saw the previous seasons, but this haul road and rollercoaster road are scary beyond words! There is no way I could do something like this, I would be a complete nervous wreck.

What I can't figure, is why they don't just build a bridge? How nerve wracking would that be to driving a big rig with a heavy load over the frozen water that could crack and break underneath the weight? Yikes!
    How do people and supplies get to the oil refinery business located at the end of that ice road when it is not winter? Or is this the only season that supplies can be hauled in and out of that area because of the sub zero temps and the water is froze solid? Thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me.

well here we go with another week of the ice covered rollar coaster

I don't know the exact answer to the question about how stuff gets to the refinery when it's not winter. But I know up where I live people will drive across frozen "ice" roads in the winter as a shorter route to whatever destination but have longer summer routes.

Or in one of the industries it is only seasonal when the swamps and such freeze up. They just deal with what is the rest of the year and don't bother.

With the refinery I would think maybe some stuff is brought in by boat in the non-winter season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast