+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "Ice Road Truckers"

Re: "Ice Road Truckers"

The problem with Survivor and Big Brother is that they are GAME shows, not technically reality shows IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2601285;
    The problem with Survivor and Big Brother is that they are GAME shows, not technically reality shows IMO.
    You're absolutely right. I hadn't thought of it that way but it explains a lot.

Well, it looks like they're shooting the 2nd season of Ice Road Truckers now, and a movie based on the series is now in the works, too. I'm looking forward to the next season of the show, but I'm having trouble imagining a movie based on it. Though it isn't something I'd go see in a theater, I'd watch it when it comes on tv, though.

Fox drives 'Truckers' to bigscreen
    History Channel series set to become tentpole
    By MICHAEL FLEMING

History Channel reality hit 'Ice Road Truckers' will be adapted as an action feature by Fox. Twentieth Century Fox has closed a rights deal to use the premise of hit History Channel reality series "Ice Road Truckers" as the basis for a tentpole action feature.

Fox will hire a writer shortly and assign a producer to shepherd it.

"Ice Road Truckers" started as a special and quickly became the highest- rated series on the History Channel. The reality show follows the travails of drivers who roll 18-wheelers over a 350-mile highway made of ice, hauling equipment and supplies to diamond miners dwelling in the tundra of Canada's Northwest Territories.

The actual job of driving trucks across ice, with the possibility of breakdown, crashes or melting ice, is daunting enough, but the series focused as much on the tensions among six drivers and their employer. Shooting on the second season is under way.
    It will be interesting to see who's back from the previous season.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I agree, love the series, but unless they cast big name actors (not likely!) I'll pass on the movie.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

The new season premieres tonight at 9 p.m. Eastern.

It is a very interesting show! I like it.

My husband is watching it right now and he thinks its really good (not my thing otherwise I wouldn't be surfing right now haha)

Can't believe that of all of them Rick and Drew are back. What about Jay?? Glad to see Hugh and Alex back.

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3045246;
    Can't believe that of all of them Rick and Drew are back. What about Jay?? Glad to see Hugh and Alex back.
    I just read through the History Channel message boards. Supposedly the reason they moved roads and a lot of the drivers aren't back is that the series isn't welcome in Yellowknife anymore. They said that the company that runs the Diamond road from Yellowknife wasn't happy about the safety portrayal. Supposedly History Channel keeps claiming large amounts of deaths and danger and stuff like that for drama purposes. The supposed real facts concerning the Canada winter roads are that NO truck drivers have ever died plunging through the ice. There have been deaths involving the people that make the ice road, but none of the freight drivers have died.

Jay supposedly isn't back because his main job is working the mines and didn't want to work the winter roads this years.
    Last edited by marauder; 06-16-2008 at 03:25 PM.

I know you're not implying that the tptb exaggerated the dangers for drama purposes?? What about the truck we saw falling through the ice repeatedly?? HMMMM???

This season is going good, I 'bout fell out of my chair when Drew quit on the first episode. We have a polar bear and a bear now. Alex has to get a nickname. And Rick, the blue mohawk .... no. Just no. You've passed the age that could carry that.

Thanks, marauder, for answering.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast