+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a matchmaker, A&E

FORT Regular

Re: Confessions of a matchmaker, A&E

This is a little gem of a show. Patti definitely tells it like it is. She is one perceptive woman. One thing I would like to see her do though is admit it when she makes a bad match which she has done a few times. She should share some of the blame for the bad dates that happen because of it. This past week for instance the girl she set-up with the kid who was a professional wrestler was awful. While waiting for her date to show up she starts flirting heavily with some doofus who worked at the rock climbing place and then continues to flirt with him after the date started? That kid was doomed before he ever got to the date! Also, pairing the minister with a woman who is not religious at all was very confusing. Great show though and love Patti!

I'm watching "Sell This House" and an ad says that "Matchmaker" is moving to Sundays at a new time. I went to AETV.COM to look at the show's website and it offers quite a few tidbits, but no updates! I'm going to write them suggesting they have them, or at least have a season-ending update on all the daters.

Here's the link: Confessions of a Matchmaker

Enjoy!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Not over yet.....

The most recent one I caught, might have been a re-run was a local rock star who totally loved himself and a very hard-edged young lady that Patti had to teach table manners.

GOOD STUFF.

It's on tonight! If I can stay awake, I'll watch it for sure. I wish they'd put this show on a more reasonable hour. There's another show on earlier tonight, Design Star. See ya there!
    ~~~~

We were treated to two new episodes. One had a mid-30yr old man who loved to drink with his buddies more than romance a real lady. He was actually kicked out of the matchmaker's office after his date. A woman was on who hadn't had a real date in decades. Apparently she was abused as a child and still had some healing to do, but she had a wonderful date.

On a lighter note, there was a grandmother who dressed like a drag queen. She was given a makeover and had a great date with a fun guy. Then they showed her taking cha cha lessons. Too fun! The other guy in the episode was a former pro wrestler (really small for a wrestler) who was very, very shy. He bombed on his date but decided to back into the ring. The matchmaker said she's not giving up on him. He was a cutie.

That's about all I can remember. I just hope I got the right folks on the right episode.
    ~~~~

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MsFB;2445841;
    Anyone watching? I think this past weekend was a sneak preview. I enjoyed it. Patti Novak, the matchmaker is a tough talker and tells people the truth as opposed to what they want to hear. The show takes place in Buffalo, NY.
    I enjoyed it a lot too because it's not a phony type of Dating show. It's very realistic and I like how each episode ends with a person still being a work in progress

FORT Newbie

The episode with the nervous guy on the date surprised me because I really thought she was into him when the girl said to him-"You don;t have to be nervous" i think he killed his chances when he started getting up recitting poetry

I think Patti is awesome...she tells it like it is..although I thought she was pretty hard on that fellow, Jack, from this past weekend. Ya, he was a jerk but I really think Patti was kinda mean to him..telling him to leave her office...

I did think that lady who was 55yo who was a tad bit eccentric was a riot and she certainly looked like she was having the time of her life on the date Patti fixed her up with...all in all Confessions is such a great show!!!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2497954;
    I think Patti is awesome...she tells it like it is..although I thought she was pretty hard on that fellow, Jack, from this past weekend. Ya, he was a jerk but I really think Patti was kinda mean to him..telling him to leave her office...

I did think that lady who was 55yo who was a tad bit eccentric was a riot and she certainly looked like she was having the time of her life on the date Patti fixed her up with...all in all Confessions is such a great show!!!

This show is so much better than the other dating show on Fox Reality-"Manhattan Matchmaker"

Did anyone catch last night's show? I forgot to remember to watch it.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast