+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Confessions of a matchmaker, A&E

Re: Confessions of a matchmaker, A&E

Caught part of the 24 yr old minister looking for a wife (6/30/07) and the matchmaker told him not to grill the date on going to church and that's exactly what he did. I didn't see the follow up can anyone tell me what happened???
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fanatic

I missed some of this weekend's shows. There was the minister and the 32 yr old teenybopper. They all seem intent on doing exactly what Patti tells them NOT to do. The minister just pounded on and on and on about church, though his date was clearly offended that he wouldnt drop the subject. The 32 yr old was almost pathetic-in retrospect, I'm thinking she's slightly retarded. A perfect example of "developmentally delayed," in current jargon.
    Poor thing, her date with the 24 yr old was the best date of her life, she said, and he looked poleaxed-clearly it wasnt the best date of HIS life.

I wish they'd rerun these shows during the week-Saturday night is an awful time slot.
    Last edited by onewally; 07-02-2007 at 01:42 PM. Reason: adding on a little

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2458107;
    Caught part of the 24 yr old minister looking for a wife (6/30/07) and the matchmaker told him not to grill the date on going to church and that's exactly what he did. I didn't see the follow up can anyone tell me what happened???
    Hope someone replies to that post-I got called away and didnt see the end myself. I did catch a snatch of the blonde on a date with a hunky older guy, perhaps from next week's episode?

The minister is still on his own, they didn't do anything further with him other than a nice lecture from Patti. The blonde lady got set up with Patti's choice of a man after the disaster date with the younger one, which was the hunky dark haired guy that was like 10 years older. She had a few awkward moments when the discussion turned to where she lived and where she normally went, but she semi-gracefully dodged the real answers and managed to have a good date. The date ended with a kiss and him asking her out for another....she seems on her way now.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022;2458600;
    The minister is still on his own... The blonde lady got set up with Patti's choice of a man and managed to have a good date. The date ended with a kiss and him asking her out for another....she seems on her way now.
    Thanks, Libra.

The blonde was pathetic. Didnt she say that she'd NEVER had a long term relationship? or at least, she hmmmed and hawed over answering that. Bet she wont this time either.

FORT Fanatic

We need more posts on this show!!

I wish they'd move this show to a weeknite, the Saturday nite time slot is awful, especially in the summer.

Was last night was a total rerun? I missed the first half last week. This week, the first segment was a dorky rock star wannabe (and neverwillbe)-that segment was kinda boring. Then there was NiteMary (the boner test) from last week-a rerun.

The only new one this week was a very stuck on himself drummer dude and mother hen lady. Drummer guy managed to pull off a good date by the end, but I really don't think there was hope for mother hen.

I never seem to catch this show on Saturday night, I always DVR it and watch it Sunday afternoon.

How funny was the musician who kept asking that girl if she was attracted to him? Some of the people on this show just have no clue.

This is better than a lot of the week night prime time reality shows. Patti is so good.. I actually felt sorry for the sheltered blonde in her thirties. she seemed so lost and hung on to Patti's every word. I think Patti should suggest a little therapy for this one. And that poet! What a tool he was. I really would like to see this in a better time slot and with updates on couples at the end of each show. I hope the station sees it has a jewel here and does more to promote it.

Quote Originally Posted by onewally;2458263;
    I wish they'd rerun these shows during the week-Saturday night is an awful time slot.
    I miss Yahoo's former TV listings. They always posted future airings of all the shows. Now I can't figure out what's on when.

Perhaps Bravo lists all the times they broadcast this terrific show.
    Last edited by roses4me; 07-14-2007 at 09:51 PM. Reason: oops
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast