+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cheerleader U on WE

Cheerleader U on WE

This premieres tonight at 10 pm EST. For those of us that liked Cheerleader Nation this may be a good substitute. It follows the University of Kentucky squad.

Re: Cheerleader U on WE

Oops my bad, this has been on already, there's a marathon tonight though.

I hadn't seen it before, but caught most of the marathon last night. As soon as Ashley (white squad) was shown, I knew she looked familiar and I thought it was from Cheerleader Nation.

Yup, later they showed some of the girls from Dunbar H.S. in the stands (including definitely Ryan) cheering her on when she was trying out in front of the judges.

I thought Cheerleader Nation was more interesting, especially seeing how involved (or, in some cases, overinvolved) the mothers were, but this show was okay.

I saw the Dunbar girls in the stands but I didn't see Ryan, the girl I did see I can't remember her name. I liked Cheerleader Nation too, I wish they would bring it back.

The second season of Cheerleader U has started. I still had the original one in my TiVo Season Pass, and I discovered it had recorded two episodes from Monday.

This time they're following the cheerleaders from UCF, who are the defending national champions. Unlike the first season, they didn't start with tryouts....they start right in with the chosen squad. (Unless TiVo missed an episode somewhere along the way.)

So far none of the individual cheerleaders are really jumping out... they seem to be trying to give equal time to a number of them... unlike last season where they were clearly focusing on the two senior girls (whose names completely escape me).

+ Reply to Thread