+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brookhaven Obesity Clinic (TLC)

FORT Fanatic

Brookhaven Obesity Clinic (TLC)

Anyone watching this one? TLC takes you inside Brookhaven, a facility for the grossly morbidly obese-500 lbs and up. There have been 3 or 4 episodes so far, each one a bit grosser than the last.

It's a freakshow, and TLC makes the most of it.

Re: Brookhaven Obesity Clinic (TLC)

Please, not when I am eating breakfast.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Regular

I have seen the show. It is very sad. I use to always ask why can't people just lose the weight and stop eating.
    I never weighed more than 130lbs and it was so easy for me to maintain.That was until I had my first child. I gained 80lbs and I could not believe it. I finally lost weight but it was the most difficult thing I had ever done. It took me about 2 years to get into my clothes.

I think this food addiction is just like a drug addiction. I really didn't understand until I started watching intervention.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2401197;
    Please, not when I am eating breakfast.
    i would like to reply, be carefulwhat you say you could be in their shoes.

FORT Newbie

could you please tell me how to speak to someone in this clinic for my sister please!

Hello,
    I have been watching the program as well. There were only a few episodes filmed in all. Inside the Brookhaven Obesity Clinic is not a TV Series.

Here is the contact information:
    Brookhaven Rehabilitation and Health Care Center Lcc
    250 Beach 17th Street
    Far Rockaway, NY 11691
    PH: (718)471-7500

I wondered if watching this program would scare someone straight. I have been viewing the episodes during this holiday season and found that I have become lazy. Even more so then I would have expected. Richard Simmons was not very motivating when he said "these are the outcasts that nobody wants" for the film crew of Entertainment Tonight.
    The clinic administrator might consider a "no tolerance" policy for cheaters. This would force all residents to stay on the program. Why cheat the program if this is someone's last chance?

FORT Newbie

I watched a few episodes shows on morbidly obese people, as well. What I don't understand is the people who just bring these overweight individuals confined to a bed all of that food. I mean, how loud can they yell? I think the obese person's enabler should go into counseling. Like the lady married to the man who said, "I'll tear your head off!!" That was with a look that was just horrific. And there she sat all uncomfortable looking and then making excuses for him. Her pastor called her actions of furnishing the man with food "assisted suicide". There is a lot more going on here than just a fat person laying in bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandma of Two;2743623;
    I watched a few episodes shows on morbidly obese people, as well. What I don't understand is the people who just bring these overweight individuals confined to a bed all of that food. I mean, how loud can they yell? I think the obese person's enabler should go into counseling. Like the lady married to the man who said, "I'll tear your head off!!" That was with a look that was just horrific. And there she sat all uncomfortable looking and then making excuses for him. Her pastor called her actions of furnishing the man with food "assisted suicide". There is a lot more going on here than just a fat person laying in bed.
    If the person can't move and is brought food, I blame both of them. But I am sure there are such complex issues involved. I did hear one gentleman say imagine having an addiction and still having to take part in it every day. You can avoid alcohol, smokes you don't need them, ya need to eat!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread