+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philadelphia Gettysburg lane 9/28/02 (9pm)

Philadelphia Gettysburg lane 9/28/02 (9pm)

Click Here for Franks Kitchen

Click here for Verns room

Both pics from the Official Trading Spaces site
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Frank
    Well, they certainly chose the right angle to photograph the kitchen from! It was, in my opinion, way too busy. I liked the colors, but not all of them together! The place mat things ver the cabinets was..... uhg.... too much. I do like the part of the kitchen they show in the before and after picture though!

Vern
    Suprise... I liked it. I'm not sure I'd like it in my house, but overall it was a nice room. I think he was able to keep enough seating for the family, and it's always nice when they hide the TV, but have it easily accessible. I'm not sure how old the HO's kids are, but white would not have been my choice for the two chairs, even if the slip covers are washable! Once again, Vern really listened to what the homeowners wanted.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    Holy Christ on a pogo-stick, Frank's room was one of the worst I've ever seen! Too many colors, the choice of colors, way too busy, the fake food, the writing...is he dropping acid? It was better before.

Vern's room, as usual, was cool. I agree on the white though, not my first choice.

I haven't seen all the show yet, but from what I did see, Franks' room was shaping up to be a hell of a mess.

Frank is a sweet enough guy, but he isn't a designer, it's time for them to ditch him imo, in favour of someone who has some formal training.

I liked Vern's room, as with Cali, it probably wouldn't be my choice but I did like it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Just wait till you see the cupboards Fluff BIG
    Busy can't come close. And another hokey bulkhead saying....
    The window treatments were the ugliest. Looks like something out of a WALMART sale bin...

I thought Vern's room was gorgeous...he really knows how to make changes with interesting lighting.

I was surprised how much these homeowners liked the kitchen but they both seemed to! I thought it was way busy but also kind of funky and eclectic and if that's their taste then hey...all the power to 'em!

For me, Vern is the master.
    His arcitechtural expertise also gives him an edge over the other designers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread