+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Philadelphia 22nd St 9/28/02

Philadelphia 22nd St 9/28/02

OK, I hope I'm doing this right
    This should link to Gen's room:

Gen

and this should link to Edward's roomEdward

We'll see if it worked
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Gen
    I REALLY did not like Gens room. I thought the Cigar box stamp headboard was ugly and looked extremely cheap...of course it was extremely cheap.....
    I didn't like the wall treatment either. I think it actually looks better in the before and after pic than it did on tv last night.
    The doors were HIDEOUS. Uhg... way dark, and way fake. I think there are places where you could use that faux wood grain tool, but that just wasn't it in my opinion.
    And although Mr. HO wasn't thrilled with the doors they seemed to like it overall, I guess that's the important thing.

Edward
    I liked his room... kind of. Everyone seemed so impressed that he made the chaise (sp?) and although it was nice, it didn't look that comfy, and other than one chair it was the only place to sit I happen to like lots of seating in the room I watch the tele in! I guess the tissue paper wall treatment was OK, but what will it be like to remove?
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

JR.
    I liked Edward's room, especially what he did over the fireplace, although the red was a little too bright.

Gen's room was awful, there wasn't anything I liked. The doors might've been better if they were a lighter shade. But, I thought she looked great though

Sleeping with George W
    Gen looked very tan, very slim and her arms looked nice and toned. She must be working out/weight training. Way to go, Gen!

Gen has certianly toned herself up.

The room was fairly hideous imo.
    Grown adults do not need a themed bedroom.
    As always Gen's design looked cheap to me.
    Even if she does spend the full budget her rooms always have a way of looking cut price to me.
    I really think I've only ever liked a couple of her designs.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I finally made it thru half of my tape from Saturday (still haven't finished the 2nd episode *sigh!!*).....

Edward's room- I actually really liked this room, it's right up my color pallate with the exception of the "thing" above the fireplace. I didn't mind the black or the tissue paper, but the stripe with the green leaves on it really bothered me despite the fact that he used the green as an accent throughout the room so I know where he was coming from.

Gen's room- GEN GEN GEN what is this???!!! Well I liked the antique chandelier before they painted it. That's about it!! Hated the faux wood treatment on the doors, hated the cigar box headboard, and I most of all wanted to go paint those walls so bad it was killing me!! I realize she was going for a weathered type look, but that just sooooo did not cut it for me.

+ Reply to Thread