+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Search Judge Naomi Judd: Is she racist?

FORT Fogey

Star Search Judge Naomi Judd: Is she racist?

What do you think of the allegations that Naomi Judd is a racist? She made comments on Star Search on Friday March 7 that a Black break dancer was jumping around like a monkey and that she was surprised to see White tap dancers. Do you think these comments were racist or simply misconstrued?
    Last edited by BravoFan; 03-15-2003 at 07:51 PM.

TVNut
    Hmmm...well, I've not thought much about whether she might be a racist or not, Anna. But I don't think she's a competant judge for the show, on most nights. IMHO, many of her comments just show her to be a normal celeb with a very "fat head". I also feel that Naomie speaks without thinking, much of the time...another sign of a weak mentality! *ROFL* :rolleyes:
    Other than that, I'm enjoying the talented contestants!!

lol_its_fun
    It depends, but what you could say for sure is ignorance and generation gap . By the way, who picked her to be the judge???

FORT Fogey
    Actually, if any of the judges were to be considered racist, I think it would be Ben Stein. He is constantly reinforcing stereotypes of Blacks and attempting to make fake Black signs and fake references, which he would NOT be saying if he knew what they meant. I think that shows extreme ignorance and I find him far more offensive than Naomi Judd.

searching for reality voyager265's Avatar
    I can't stand either one of them. I think we should do guest judges every time. Naomi is the most arrogant know-nothing person and Ben is just plain embarrassing. I have got to where I change the channel when the judges vote. Even commercials on other channels are better than listening to them.
    Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day; teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.

I'm so glad someone said something about this--I actually saw that show, and thought I was hallucinating when she said (after a tap dancing group that had 2 white kids and 1 black girl) "I love seeing tap dance, especially when it's by white people." Arsenio actually grabbed the black girl and walked back with her, as if to say I guess we're not needed here. Naomi then added, oh-so-thoughtfully "I don't know where you'd find work though."

I was seriously, like, WTF?!! I know I'm not hearing this on national television in the year 2002!

On another show, Naomi dumped on an Asian stand-up comic that she "didn't get his act" because it was "too esoteric"--and his act had been about what it's like to grow up Asian and be encountered by stereotypes.

Even though I would love to see the talent on this show, I think all the judges are awful, and can just barely stand to watch it.

Ben sucks tooo, but Naomi, she is the most flagrantly racist. I don't know how they keep her on the show!!!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Naomi just bugs the heck out of me. Ben seems to be making a fool of himself... not in a fun way.
    I would think that on LIVE television CBS would have been more careful with who they picked to be judges. Even given the fact that they had no idea what any of them might say, it's been a while now and it seems like they will be back in a few weeks.

TVNut, I agree, Naomi often seems to speak without thinking first. Some people are good at this. Others are not. I would put her in the NOT catagory

For some reason I am diggin' Ahmet though. He's so.... gee, I'm not sure, but he's keeping me laughing
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I didn't see these things because I stopped watching the show because of Naomi Judd. I despise that woman. She irritates me SO much everytime she opens her mouth... This whole "wise motherly" persona she is trying to project is really vile. I wanted to watch star search, because is was a part of my childhood and all that. But Arsenio was so stupid as host, and then Naomi with her retarded comments....it didn't last long on my tv.
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

Arsenio isn't bugging me.

I am sick and tired of the "Hit me with the digits" bit though.

That was old by week two and he just won't stop.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by SnowflakeGirl

I was seriously, like, WTF?!! I know I'm not hearing this on national television in the year 2002!
    Nope, you're not...you're hearing it in 2003!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast