+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just another (not so ordinary) day: "Profiles from the Front Line," Episode 3

FORT Newbie
    Hey Bravofan...Thanks for the compliment to my wife. Yes, your account of my job (as described in PFTFL) was accurate. As of recently, I have 242 carrier landings. Approx. 80 of those are at night. No landing is ever normal, but I must admit that Profiles used a little artistic license to drive the vertigo point home. Some of those night shots were not even from my plane, let alone of me. Regardless...they did a great job of portraying "confusion" behind the boat. The editing for that show is top-notch. Believe it or not, I shot about 2 hours of film with and for them...all for a ten-minute segment. They sorted through a lot of footage.
    Respectfully,
    Brian

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Brian, thanks so much for joining in.

I actually have quite a few questions for you and I'll try to compile them and send them your way.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

FORT Newbie

another Combat Missions fan?

Hey Bravofan -

I just kinda stumbled across this board and was pretty shocked to find another "Combat Missions" fan out there. Hardly anyone I know has heard much about that show (aside from maybe the name). I actually started watching it because I know one of the guys who worked on the special effects for it.

Has ABC only shown three episodes of Profiles so far? I've been wanting to catch a particular segment that they previewed but thus far I've only been able to catch part of one ep. Kept forgetting to tape it.

Iceman, welcome. We have the world's largest concentration of Combat Missions fans in the free world right here. There are several.

Profiles is unfortunately cancelled. Victim of bad timing. I think they stopped after the third episode.

FORT Newbie

Bummer...

Hi John - As I'm browsing the forums, I'm finding out I wasn't alone! Very cool. I'd like to see more military-related reality TV. I'm not much into the talent contests, myself.

What a bummer about Profiles! What I saw of it, I really enjoyed. I think one of the stories was going to involve EOD techs, and I was really hoping to catch that.

Welcome Iceman!!

Great to have you here! Yes, we have the most devoted Combat Missions fans at the FORT! The show was great, but was a victim of really really pathetic marketing. We're glad to have you!

Obviously my "handle" gives away the team I was cheering for.

Profiles stopped airing after the 3rd episode and there are no plans at this time to reair. I'm hoping that they will sell the rights to Discovery or TLC or someone like that where it would be more appreciated. It was a very well put together documentary.

As for CM2....there are no plans, but rest assured, the second there would be any news, you'll hear about it right here!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Iceman, one more thing.

I'll bet if you liked Combat Missions and Profiles, you also would like (or maybe you already watch) Eco-Challenge.

Check it out...we have a forum set up for it in the Reality shows section.

FORT Newbie

Hello everyone I stumbled across this place in a search and decided to join, hope ya'll don't mind.

I am a SPC in the U.S. Army recently returned from Iraq, stationed at Fort Bragg, N.C.

BravoFan I actually had a question or to anyone that could help me really.... I happen to know Matthew Acosta (ref: A picture is worth a thousand words
    Pvt. 1st class Matthew Acosta, Combat Photographer) and was wondering if I could get a copy of that episode and links to anything else posted on that.
    I have known him since Basic Training in 2001 and so of course I would like to see that.

Jersey

Jersey, welcome to the site. I just wanted to let you know that it might be a few days before you get a response on this, as BF is out of town at the moment.

Welcome to the site Jersey!

Sadly, I don't have any of the very few episodes they aired of this series.

If they ever pick the show up again, I'd imagine they would re-air the first eps and you could try getting it that way, but to be honest, I'd be surprised if they picked it up again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12