+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3174550;
    I don't know about Lucille Ball's second spouse, but Sonny married Mary, who eventually took over his seat in Congress (45th district in CA) in 1998. She seemed nice when I dealt with her oh-so-many years ago in So Cal.
    Yes, and she recently remarried.

Again, unless the average person was represented by her within that district or dealt personally with her, like you, they couldn't name her.

Go to Paris. They know Sonny & Cher; not Sonny & Mary.

Again, it's all about being iconic and known as a powerful and passionate couple during their time together, not about anything else when Tori and Dean were choosing couples for their video.

I think they are selling the "so in love" thing a bit too hard. Makes me wonder about the cracks behind the scenes...

It looks like Candy will be coming out with her own book....Perhaps in retaliation to Tori's?

Candy Spelling
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3174550;
    I don't know about Lucille Ball's second spouse, but Sonny married Mary, who eventually took over his seat in Congress (45th district in CA) in 1998. She seemed nice when I dealt with her oh-so-many years ago in So Cal.
    Gary Morton is Lucy's 2nd husband, but I only know that because I recently read Lucille Ball's autobiography, LOL (not a bad read, by the way). I can see the Sony and Cher reference, and the Lucy and Desi reference, but Kurt and Courtney - that's just weird, I think. Maybe they were just trying to be funny - I don't know.

It will be interesting to see if Tori and Dean's marriage lasts. I wish them the best, but sometimes relationships like theirs (where it is you and sig other against the world) are super intense but then fizzle out.

I "almost" wanted to cry when I saw them do there little song . . . thats alot coming from a Tori and Dean Eps. (it was tooo cute) LoL

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3170324;
    She never said why she wasn't in touch with him for several months before he passed away. She said that someone called her to tell her that he wasn't well and she should come and see him, but she said that she didn't take it seriously - that's weird. He was pretty old...

I would love to hear another side to her story. I like Tori, but I can see how she owns part of the problems with the relationship with her mom. Sneaking out of your father's funeral by hopping over the fence with your friends? When you are in your 30s? That just seems really immature and personally I'd be p.o.ed if my kid did that at her dad's funeral... It does seem like her mom is a weirdo for sure, but Tori comes off as a bit self centered.
    I read a long time ago that when she ended her marriage to Charlie, around the time her father health was going downhill, her parents were very upset with her and that was part of the reason that they did not talk for a time.

I thought that she left her The Mansion where they had the 'reception' after her father's funeral, not the actual funeral. I thought it had a lot to do with her mom's 'friend'...what was his name? Mark.

I read the book too and while I thought it was a good read, I did think that Tori could have been a little more forthcoming about her role in the family dynamics. It read as if she were the victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3177618;
    I read a long time ago that when she ended her marriage to Charlie, around the time her father health was going downhill, her parents were very upset with her and that was part of the reason that they did not talk for a time.

I thought that she left her The Mansion where they had the 'reception' after her father's funeral, not the actual funeral. I thought it had a lot to do with her mom's 'friend'...what was his name? Mark.

I read the book too and while I thought it was a good read, I did think that Tori could have been a little more forthcoming about her role in the family dynamics. It read as if she were the victim.
    I see, that makes sense. I wondered why exactly she didn't speak to her dad or come to visit him when she first got word that he was ill, but they must've both been upset with her - not just Candy.

Yeah, she did leave the mansion where they were having a reception following the funeral, and not the actual funeral, but still. It's one day, and it's the day of your dad's memorial. So, you know, suck it up, attend, even if it sucks (of course it's going to suck, your dad just died). I got the impression when I read it that she thought it was funny. I thought it was disrespectful to her dad. Especially to not say goodbye to anyone and to hop over the fence. She wasn't the only one grieving - her brother could have used her support as well as her beloved uncle, etc even if she were angry with her mother.

Yeah, she plays the victim both on the show and in the book, but in the book I saw some holes in her story and wondered what the other side of that was. I also saw a lot of instances where she claimed 'victim' but it didn't seem to me like that was the situation...

Someone had posted a link to Candy Spellings website so I looked at it. There's a picture, I think under Randy's name, where she is dressed downed in a t-shirt and jeans. She looks normal, not like a woman who has millions. The way she is described in the book I envisioned a woman who doesn't walk out of the house in anything less than couture. This was definitely not couture.

Makes you wonder how exaggerated things are made out to be.

Also, on one of the episodes, Tori is talking to her friend and mentions her mom's website and says under family it lists Randy, Liam and the dogs but not her (Tori). Well Tori is now on there. I wonder if it was changed or if it was a ploy for sympathy on Tori's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3177799;
    Someone had posted a link to Candy Spellings website so I looked at it. There's a picture, I think under Randy's name, where she is dressed downed in a t-shirt and jeans. She looks normal, not like a woman who has millions. The way she is described in the book I envisioned a woman who doesn't walk out of the house in anything less than couture. This was definitely not couture.

Makes you wonder how exaggerated things are made out to be.

Also, on one of the episodes, Tori is talking to her friend and mentions her mom's website and says under family it lists Randy, Liam and the dogs but not her (Tori). Well Tori is now on there. I wonder if it was changed or if it was a ploy for sympathy on Tori's part.
    I saw it before it was changed to include her - and she (Tori) wasn't on there but Liam was. I don't doubt the story that she and Candy have a bad relationship, but I wouldn't doubt that it's exaggerated somewhat by Tori. On the show, she makes it seem like there is no relationship at all, but then we hear that Candy was at the hospital when Liam was born, and we see Candy's gifts arriving on Liam's birthday. So it's a bit confusing.

My take on it is that Tori has some issues from having a mother who was a bit...detatched and cold, and caught up with the whole Hollywood thing, but the actual estrangement occurred because Tori went very public with her mom bashing. It's probably pretty hard to be close to your daughter when she is busy telling the world what a horrible mom you were. So I think it's a combo of those things that created the mess. I don't recall Tori ever saying in her book that she tried to talk to her mom one on one about improving their relationship.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting pretty sick & tired of hearing about her mom for most of the shows.

We know already.. there is no need to say the same thing a couple times in almost every episode.

+ Reply to Thread