+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Why does a 30+ woman need her best friend (aka gay husband) to come spend the night with her in her bed when her husband is away??? And what will the kids think when they are old enough to notice this odd behavior?? Umm... I just don't get it -- isn't it time to grow up a bit? And really guys - we get it, you have lots and lots of sex.... we don't need to hear about it any more

Quote Originally Posted by Mcksmom;3165797;
    Lucy is really not a good look for Tori. Dressed like that it seemed like her eyes were on the side of her head.
    I thought so too! She looked kind of alien with that hairstyle. The Courtney Love look was much better. I can't believe I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3170414;
    I thought so too! She looked kind of alien with that hairstyle. The Courtney Love look was much better. I can't believe I said that.
    I couldn't believe I thought it! Glad someone said it!
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3170324;
    So, I just finished Tori's new book and I know a few other of you that post on here have read it, too.
    She made it very clear that the relationship with her mother is flawed, but I didn't really get the relationship she had with her dad. She didn't seem upset with him over anything really, but there is definitely something weird there. She never said why she wasn't in touch with him for several months before he passed away. She said that someone called her to tell her that he wasn't well and she should come and see him, but she said that she didn't take it seriously - that's weird. He was pretty old...

I would love to hear another side to her story. I like Tori, but I can see how she owns part of the problems with the relationship with her mom. Sneaking out of your father's funeral by hopping over the fence with your friends? When you are in your 30s? That just seems really immature and personally I'd be p.o.ed if my kid did that at her dad's funeral... It does seem like her mom is a weirdo for sure, but Tori comes off as a bit self centered.
    I see Tori as an avoider. She avoids what she doesn't like. She avoided breaking up with Charlie, she really didn't want to see her dad as old and sick and by not seeing him, she avoided that. I believe it is immaturity on her part and see her close friends, like Mehran, and Dean, feed this need. Agreed that the mom is weird and Tori is her daughter so that says something. Totally weird to still have sleepovers! Even with a girlfriend, though I could understand it a little better.
    I do think that when she cries over her dad, there are regrets. She's trying to recapture him though her uncle. That's also a strange relationship as they seem not to know each other well, but she seems to be reaching out and he seems very nice. I wonder about Candy's side. Does Tori have relatives from there? Cousins?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3170565;
    I see Tori as an avoider. She avoids what she doesn't like. She avoided breaking up with Charlie, she really didn't want to see her dad as old and sick and by not seeing him, she avoided that. I believe it is immaturity on her part and see her close friends, like Mehran, and Dean, feed this need. Agreed that the mom is weird and Tori is her daughter so that says something. Totally weird to still have sleepovers! Even with a girlfriend, though I could understand it a little better.
    I do think that when she cries over her dad, there are regrets. She's trying to recapture him though her uncle. That's also a strange relationship as they seem not to know each other well, but she seems to be reaching out and he seems very nice. I wonder about Candy's side. Does Tori have relatives from there? Cousins?

Yeah, maybe it is immaturity on her part, not sure. I know everyone handles things differently, but honestly I can't imagine skipping out on my dad's funeral/gathering, especially the way she did it. Nor can I imagine not going to see him when I got the call that he was sick.

I don't know. When I watch the show and hear her talk about her family of origin, I feel so badly for her, but after reading the book, I think the person I felt the most sad for was Aaron Spelling. She totally blew him off and really seemed to be a good dad and care for her a great deal.

I can understand her having a chip on her shoulder for being Aaron Spelling's kid, but I think she's taking it a bit far. She's basically exploiting her family for $. And some of the examples she used as reasons why her parents were bad parents were pretty weak (like getting a Mercedes instead of the VW rabbit she wanted for her 16th birthday). Trade in the mercedes and get 5 VW rabbits. You know?

Shoot! I totally forgot they were going to have that extra show last night and I missed it! I'm sure they'll show it 25 more times over the weekend!! If I lay down--I shut off. It's a big problem with me! All the comments make me want to read the book for the rest of the story.

And that whole thing with Charlie was extremely cold and self centered, too. There's really no excuse for it. Even if she *did* fall for someone else, even if she *did* have an affair, the way she handled the whole breakup/divorce was pretty horrific. Just ignored him and then dumped him on her therapist's couch. I mean, they weren't just boyfriend girlfriend, they were married!

Like I said before, I really liked her on the show but after reading the book, I'm not as big a fan. I mean, I'm far from perfect, but treating your husband and father (and maybe even mother) the way she has is pretty rotten. My mother in law is a psycho, but I don't advertise it to everyone I know. Oh, wait, yes, I do.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3170561;
    I couldn't believe I thought it! Glad someone said it!
    I thought the same thing too. I also wondered why they picked the couples they did - Lucy and Desi divorced, as did Sonny and Cher. I get the Johnny Cash and June Carter reference (because Tori and Dean hooked up when they were married to others and are both in showbusiness) and at least that marriage lasted - but Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love? Yeesh. No need to explain why that couple doesn't get the medal for best love story.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3171630;
    I thought the same thing too. I also wondered why they picked the couples they did - Lucy and Desi divorced, as did Sonny and Cher. I get the Johnny Cash and June Carter reference (because Tori and Dean hooked up when they were married to others and are both in showbusiness) and at least that marriage lasted - but Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love? Yeesh. No need to explain why that couple doesn't get the medal for best love story.
    I think it's less about staying together and more about the couples being iconic. Plus, for better or worse all those couples were known for their passionate and tumultuous relationships. All eventually moved on, but let's be real most people couldn't name Lucille Ball's or Sonny Bono's 2nd spouses!

Quote Originally Posted by naomibanks;3174283;
    I think it's less about staying together and more about the couples being iconic. Plus, for better or worse all those couples were known for their passionate and tumultuous relationships. All eventually moved on, but let's be real most people couldn't name Lucille Ball's or Sonny Bono's 2nd spouses!
    I don't know about Lucille Ball's second spouse, but Sonny married Mary, who eventually took over his seat in Congress (45th district in CA) in 1998. She seemed nice when I dealt with her oh-so-many years ago in So Cal.

+ Reply to Thread