+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07;3164753;
    Seriously? Tori didn't take Dean from anyone, he's a capable man and I'm pretty sure went willingly to be with Tori.
    Yes, Seriously...b/c my first thought if I met a married guy's son who I was hooking up w/ would be thinking twice about breaking up HIS family not 'wouldn't he be a good dad for MY kids'. And of course it takes two BUT I said that I didn't think he would have left his wife it weren't for the allure of Tori's deeper pockets. As I also clearly said, THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. Perhaps you need a refresher on the rules of FORT b/c they clearly state reality stars are fair game..attacking other posters is NOT.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3164776;
    The story is that Dean and his first family moved to LA for his career. Now the ex and children live in Canada.
    Thanks for stating this in a polite way New Mommy. I thought he lived in Canada and moved here to be w/ Tori.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Yet they actually met in Canada where they were filming a movie together. Ironic?
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

FORT Fan

I like their music video she looked a lot like Candy in one of the shots.

I also thought her red haired friend (blanking on name) was overly flirtatious with Dean especially when he was vacuuming.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3164434;
    Got sucked into watching some of these episodes tonight. I'd only seen bits and pieces before. I like her but do get a slimy vibe from him. I can't help feeling that he's in this for the cash--even if Tori doesn't get her full inheritance, the money they're making doing this show far exceeds what he must have been making as a struggling actor in Canada. And as adorable and authentic as Tori's personality is, she's just not a cover girl looks-wise. And if she was as broke as he was when they met--with as few prospects for the future--I just don't think he'd have left his wife for her.

I also really feel for his son in Canada and got skeeved out when I heard Tori say she knew she wanted to marry him when she saw him w/ his son--I was thinking 'the son you took him away from, Tori?' I saw some posts that there must have been something wrong w/ his marriage prior, but I think sometimes people aren't necessarily unhappy but just see a different future path that they'd prefer. And when that path may be somewhat financially motivated it gets that much more selfish and crass. And I see him struggling w/ a great deal of guilt over his son in Canada that may be doubly motivated by the fact that it's not true love that he feels for Tori.

Hope they'll do ok, though, now that they have 2 kids and they do seem to have a bond and that he genuinely cares for her. Sorry to be somewhat of a downer but I do think she's a sweet and grounded person and would like to see her w/ someone that I feel is in love w/ her as much as she is w/ him. And if I felt that, I'd be less bothered by the fact that they were both married when they met. JMO, as always.
    I thought the same thing about Tori's remark about wanting to have kids with Dean when she saw him with his son. It's one thing to see a married man with his kids and think, "oh, I wish I had a husband like that" but seems weird that she saw a married guy with kids and thought, yeah, I'm going to go for *him*. And she was married, too.
    I know that people have posted on here about Tori always picking the 'wrong' guys. I wouldn't say that Dean is a total d-bag but at the same time I can see how he might not be the best for marriage. He seems to be quite a flirt and at times a very selfish side of him surfaces on the show. He usually feels badly about it afterward, but still - the scuba trip he took tori on while she was super preggers and couldn't dive (and was nauseated the whole time), the freakout about not having milk, and being weird about rennovating. I don't know, I know we only see very edited snippets, but I just get a selfish vibe from the guy. I'm sure he loves Tori but he seems like the type that would bolt if something better came along...

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3164814;
    Yes, Seriously...b/c my first thought if I met a married guy's son who I was hooking up w/ would be thinking twice about breaking up HIS family not 'wouldn't he be a good dad for MY kids'. And of course it takes two BUT I said that I didn't think he would have left his wife it weren't for the allure of Tori's deeper pockets. As I also clearly said, THESE ARE MY OPINIONS. Perhaps you need a refresher on the rules of FORT b/c they clearly state reality stars are fair game..attacking other posters is NOT.
    Wow.. you need to relax I wasn't attacking you. Just like you, I was stating my opinion.

I think it's funny that when a married man and a woman (married or not) get together everyone jumps all over the woman. I see this all over any board that talks about the two of them, not just this one.

Quote Originally Posted by onei0091;3164991;
    I thought the same thing about Tori's remark about wanting to have kids with Dean when she saw him with his son. It's one thing to see a married man with his kids and think, "oh, I wish I had a husband like that" but seems weird that she saw a married guy with kids and thought, yeah, I'm going to go for *him*. And she was married, too.
    I know that people have posted on here about Tori always picking the 'wrong' guys. I wouldn't say that Dean is a total d-bag but at the same time I can see how he might not be the best for marriage. He seems to be quite a flirt and at times a very selfish side of him surfaces on the show. He usually feels badly about it afterward, but still - the scuba trip he took tori on while she was super preggers and couldn't dive (and was nauseated the whole time), the freakout about not having milk, and being weird about rennovating. I don't know, I know we only see very edited snippets, but I just get a selfish vibe from the guy. I'm sure he loves Tori but he seems like the type that would bolt if something better came along...
    Interesting that you caught that, too, onei0091. I get that self-centered vibe from Dean as well and hadn't seen that consensus that Tori seems to pick guys that aren't right for her so thanks for sharing that. I'd like to see her w/ someone as down-to-earth as she seems to be. Even though Tori is the 'celebrity' in their pairing, Dean--IMO--comes off as the diva.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3165499;
    Interesting that you caught that, too, onei0091. I get that self-centered vibe from Dean as well and hadn't seen that consensus that Tori seems to pick guys that aren't right for her so thanks for sharing that. I'd like to see her w/ someone as down-to-earth as she seems to be. Even though Tori is the 'celebrity' in their pairing, Dean--IMO--comes off as the diva.
    Yeah, some girls just go for the 'bad' guys - maybe Tori is one of these women. Seems like she had the storybook wedding and in-laws with her first wedding. She said they were the picture perfect family, which is what attracted her to the marriage, since she always wanted a happy family of her own. But perhaps it was just too boring for her?

It's not that I don't like Dean...he can be pretty funny...but between the two of them he seems more high maintenance, moody, etc. And Tori is (was) the pregnant rich girl! So you'd expect it to be the other way around.

I haven't had the chance to watch all of the last episode but did see their"video". Lucy is really not a good look for Tori. Dressed like that it seemed like her eyes were on the side of her head.

So, I just finished Tori's new book and I know a few other of you that post on here have read it, too.
    She made it very clear that the relationship with her mother is flawed, but I didn't really get the relationship she had with her dad. She didn't seem upset with him over anything really, but there is definitely something weird there. She never said why she wasn't in touch with him for several months before he passed away. She said that someone called her to tell her that he wasn't well and she should come and see him, but she said that she didn't take it seriously - that's weird. He was pretty old...

I would love to hear another side to her story. I like Tori, but I can see how she owns part of the problems with the relationship with her mom. Sneaking out of your father's funeral by hopping over the fence with your friends? When you are in your 30s? That just seems really immature and personally I'd be p.o.ed if my kid did that at her dad's funeral... It does seem like her mom is a weirdo for sure, but Tori comes off as a bit self centered.

+ Reply to Thread