+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Oh, and as for being of sound mind when signing/creating a will, I think it is just presumed that the person is of sound mind. No one has to prove that they are of sound mind unless the will is contested. They make you sign something saying that you are of sound mind, but you aren't under any obligation to prove you are. As long as you seem aware that you are indeed creating a valid will, usually everything's on the up and up.

This kind of thing can be contested but it's hard to prove one way or the other if someone was actually of sound mind when a will was written unless it's very obvious that they were not at that time. For example, you can have a serious illness but still be of sound mind, or that same illness that doesn't affect one person's mental capacity could affect another's. Like a stroke, for example.

I think one way to avoid a lot of hassle on this subject is to have the will videotaped. That way, if being of sound mind is contested, the tape can be used in court to determine whether or not the devisee seemed really out of it or pretty put together. Who knows if Aaron Spelling did that. I'm guessing his will wasn't contested by anyone? Anyone know?

Even if Aaron wasn't of "sound" mind, you would think that Candy, his wife and the mother to Randy and Tori would have intervened or at least add to their inheritance. I still can't get over how greedy she is. I heard she is selling that mega mansion and moving into a HUGE custom penthouse, how much space does she really need when she has no family to visit her? What a lonely existence. As I have said before, most parents want the best for their kids and do anything they can to ensure their lives are easier and better than their own. I guess it would be difficult to match Candy Spelling's lifestyle but really how much money does she need? After all, Tori would not have to be on the road and away from her kids so much if she had more money and could afford the lifestyle she would like for her family. I am not implying that Tori not work but geez give her what she deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3153675;
    Even if Aaron wasn't of "sound" mind, you would think that Candy, his wife and the mother to Randy and Tori would have intervened or at least add to their inheritance. I still can't get over how greedy she is. I heard she is selling that mega mansion and moving into a HUGE custom penthouse, how much space does she really need when she has no family to visit her? What a lonely existence. As I have said before, most parents want the best for their kids and do anything they can to ensure their lives are easier and better than their own. I guess it would be difficult to match Candy Spelling's lifestyle but really how much money does she need? After all, Tori would not have to be on the road and away from her kids so much if she had more money and could afford the lifestyle she would like for her family. I am not implying that Tori not work but geez give her what she deserves.
    From what I've read, I don't think it's a matter of Candy wanting more but just seeing to it that Tori is not the one to get it. Candy seemed to be extremely jealous of the attention that Aaron gave to Tori for so many years. I'm sure in her mind she thinks Tori got enough all those years. I personally think this whole experience has made Tori a much more relatable and down to earth person.
    CYA

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3153914;
    From what I've read, I don't think it's a matter of Candy wanting more but just seeing to it that Tori is not the one to get it. Candy seemed to be extremely jealous of the attention that Aaron gave to Tori for so many years. I'm sure in her mind she thinks Tori got enough all those years. I personally think this whole experience has made Tori a much more relatable and down to earth person.
    That's an excellent point about Tori being more down to earth. The whining is possibly done for the cameras. From the book, she desired normalcy in her life from childhood. She even writes about wanting to sleep in the pantry area, close to her nanny, not in her perfectly pink decorated room.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Yeah, a lot of people give Tori a hard time because she comes from a wealthy family, but I wouldn't trade with her in a million years. Money certainly isn't everything, it comes, it goes. But a weird upbringing, that sticks with you the rest of your life and follows you wherever you go.

Seems like Tori wants a mother/daughter relationship with Candy, but maybe Candy sees it more as a competition with Tori.

From what I've seen, that's often the case. I had friends in school, like Tori, sent away to boarding school. I'm surprised she wasn't. But they have grown up much like her. They are searching to be normal, treated normal, and viewed like every other person walking the streets. I'm from the same community that Aaron grew up in and I believe that he wanted to give her that somewhat of a normal upbringing that is without the hard work he did. He came from tailors, and before that Russian immigrants who sought the American dream. The way I see her is that she is also going after that, but in the way that is presented to her. Things have changed since Dynasty.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3153914;
    It's too bad that a mother feels as though she needs to compete with her own daughter. It's so sad. At least she added Tori's photos to her website, it's a start. I agree Tori seems relatable and down to earth especially after growing up in a not so normal or average home. Is Candy jealous of Randy, too? Did he receive more money from his father's estate than Tori?

Randy and Tori each received the same $800,000 before taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3154727;
    It's too bad that a mother feels as though she needs to compete with her own daughter. It's so sad. At least she added Tori's photos to her website, it's a start. I agree Tori seems relatable and down to earth especially after growing up in a not so normal or average home. Is Candy jealous of Randy, too? Did he receive more money from his father's estate than Tori?
    I'm guessing there isn't a major feud between Randy and Candy. I haven't heard anything, and she originally had pics of him on her website.

Some women surprisingly have real issues with other women. Even their own daughters. My mother in law is this way, too. She doesn't have issue with men, but is really distrusting and competitive with other women. Even her own biological daughters. She is not college educated but got really upset with her own daughter for deciding to attend college, because that meant that she (my mother in law) would be the only woman in the family that didn't attend college. Very weird. She gave her the silent treatment for 6 months! And now that I'm in the picture if she doesn't like a decision me and hubby made as a couple, it's automatically my fault in her mind. Like it was all my doing, even though it might have originally been my hubby's idea.

Seems so weird to me, but I guess there are women out there like this. Anyway, the situation between Tori and Candy reminds me of the situation between my mother in law and her daughters (and more recently, me)...

Unbelievable, isn't it?

+ Reply to Thread