+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

In her book, she made a point that I think is important. She said she was raised from the time she was a little girl to never look at price tags or worry about how a bill is getting paid. There were people to do that and that cashflow was nonstop.

Parents need to raise their children to be self sufficient. That means that if you're uber rich and don't plan on setting up trust funds for your kids, you need to educate them on how to save money and pay your own bills. I hate The Donald but he seems to have done a good job in raising his kids (or his daughter Ivanka, anyhow). She's beautiful and did her stint in modeling, but she's also educated and from all reports, very smart and driven. He didn't give her the apartment in Trump Tower. She had to pay for it with her salary. (Granted, I'm sure it's a heck of a large salary.) Ivanka led a privileged life but also grew up knowing that she was expected to go to college and make her own money. I think Tori does a good job of earning money, but she still spends like she's got Aaron's money.

Also in her book (and granted, this is all Tori's version of reality), she said that her father's memory/mind was going near the end of his life and he alluded to her being well taken care of when he died--that she'd get thousands. He didn't realize that he had millions of dollars. But the Spellings didn't do the things that most women in her situation would expect--they didn't pay for her lavish wedding (her first one), but her mother expected it to be lavish enough to impress her friends. So Tori and Charlie went into debt to pay for it. They didn't give her a house, or even pay down payment on it. That kind of stuff.

I'm a firm believer that children shouldn't expect anything from their parents (in terms of money). The parents have their money and it's theirs to do with what they want. But I don't think Aaron's intention was for Candy to keep all of it and not give Tori a million or two.

I hope Tori and Candy do reconcile, not for the money, but because they really want to.

She also said in an interview that her dad would ask her if she needed money and then give her a couple of fifties, yet he would tip a server much more lavishly, knowing if that person was struggling. From his actions, Aaron knew she had much more in terms of name and connections and possibly expected her to use that wisely. He knew, possibly, she had his genes, work ethic, talent, whatever he saw in her that was coming from him. He worked diligently to become "Aaron Spelling" and figured she was one step ahead of him. Again, it's all speculation and it was his money which he earned. Candy was his wife. Bottom line.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Is it mentioned in Tori's book if Randy, her brother inherited anything from Aaron? And, any mention if Randy is treated the same as Tori as far as money goes?

FORT Fogey

I heard they both received the same amount, $800,000.

She talks about Randy in her book, but only to mention their activities as children, ie, they spent time on Halloween in over the top costumes, they shared the snow in their yard. . . . . I have yet to finish, but so far, she has not bad-mouthed him, not told anything about him, as in "this is what I think". She's left it from her perspective and how she lived and is living. If he wants to whine about the money, he can write his own book or not.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

I just started reading her book. I'm pretty anxious to read through it.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Has she ever mentioned what she will receive once Candy passes? I always thought that was generally how it worked anyway. One parent passes - leaves estate to surviving spouse - and upon that spouse's death, remaining estate goes to the kids. Am I just uninformed or will she still inherit lots of $$ once Candy passes?

It all depends on how Aaron set up his will. If there is no trust or anything set up for the kids, and all goes to Candy, then Candy can decide what to do with the $ and whether or not she leaves any of it to Tori or Randy. If Candy remarries, she could leave it all to her spouse. Or give it all to charity.

Wills can get pretty complicated. For example, he could have willed his estate 'to Candy, but if Candy remarries, then to Tori' - you can put contingencies on stuff you convey. You might only own something for the duration of your life, and upon your death it gets conveyed to someone else. So Candy's big old house might have been granted to her by Aaron for just the time Candy is alive, and then it could go to Tori. Candy then wouldn't be able to sell it without consent from Tori. Etc. etc.

So who knows how all of that is set up. From what I understand, Tori, upon Aaron's death, was given 800,000. But who knows what is coming later, when Candy dies, if anything.

That's 800 thousand BEFORE taxes. Taxes take a big chunk out. Candy can spend it all away if she wants to. No one is obligated to do anything with their property. Tori should start working on making her own empire. What's the saying: The first generation makes it, the second builds on it, the third squanders it. I've seen the third generation in some families get pretty low only because they waited like vultures for the older generation to die and did nothing with their own lives except make excuses.

I didn't realize that Tori and Randy only received $800,000.00 through their father's estate. I think that stinks. I hope he left provisions for his future grandchildren. It's a shame that Candy is so selfish and can't see that there is nothing more important than family, I wonder how much she had to struggle when her kids were young. I would think if Aaron Spelling had all his faculties when he was making his will out, he would have left much more of his fortune to his children. Isn't that what we all work towards, making our children's lives better? What in the world is Candy Spelling going to do with all that money? I hope she donates a majority of it to charity and not one of her pets like Leona Helmsley did.

+ Reply to Thread