+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Re: Tori & Dean: Inn Love

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHenderson;3138247;
    I agree, something wrong with Candy if she honors the kids, but not Tori. Weird, weird, weird. Why is the brother not a part of Tori's life, she doesn't mention him and he didn't go to Liam's party. Weird. I like her, but I can't forgive/forget that Dean left his pregnant wife for her (shame, shame). How is this a good way to build a foundation/ I get they are bonded... but it's bad character on both parts, no matter them chemistry. What about the kid he left behind. So sad
    I'm not condoning what Dean did, but saying "the kid he left behind"...does he have absolutely nothing to do with that child? (I haven't watched every episode, so it may have been addressed/discussed on the show and I missed it...)

The way I see it is a parent is a parent until they die. Even though Tori is an adult now, Candy is still the parent. She should reach out to Tori and talk to her. Maybe she has, but Tori makes it sound like she hasn't. No matter how old we get we still want our parent's love and approval. Candy is being selfish. I couldn't imagine in a million years not having a relationship with my son.

And if Randy isn't having contact with Tori because he's afraid to upset his mother, well then he's just as bad. But we don't know what happened with him and Tori so it's hard to say who is to blame for them seeming to not have a relationship.

I would like to see Tori and Candy have at least an amicable relationship for the grandchildren but it seems Candy isn't going to budge on her "I'm right and she's wrong" attitude. They could probably benefit from some family counseling.

Tori is close to her uncle. I wonder if he keeps in contact with Randy and Candy and if maybe he could mediate.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsHenderson;3138247;
    I agree, something wrong with Candy if she honors the kids, but not Tori. Weird, weird, weird. Why is the brother not a part of Tori's life, she doesn't mention him and he didn't go to Liam's party. Weird. I like her, but I can't forgive/forget that Dean left his pregnant wife for her (shame, shame). How is this a good way to build a foundation/ I get they are bonded... but it's bad character on both parts, no matter them chemistry. What about the kid he left behind. So sad
    Dean's ex was not pregnant. They were adopting a baby and she went through with it alone, as a single parent. Dean's legal standing as the father was not finalized, so he is the bio father of his son but not the legal father of the daughter. Dean has never said he "left the boy behind". Actually, he has spoken of seeing him when he filmed in Canada and Tori talked about having a room for him when they were looking at houses.

Supposedly, Randy has remained close to his mother, most likely to get more out of her.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by New Mommy;3138474;
    Supposedly, Randy has remained close to his mother, most likely to get more out of her.
    That is just an assumption; maybe, gasp, he and his mother are close and get along. Remember, Tori says that her father unintentionally set things in motion by doting completely on her [Tori] once she was born.

This is an assumption on my part, but it seems that Aaron transferred a lot of his love and attention on his daughter and once that happened Candy probably doted on her son.

Gee, maybe Randy just loves his mom.

It seems like when it came to Aaron and his princess, it was a party of two.

I'm basing that assumption on what was in Tori's book.
    Television is an invention that permits you to be entertained in your living room by people you wouldn't have in your home.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3138387;
    The way I see it is a parent is a parent until they die. Even though Tori is an adult now, Candy is still the parent. She should reach out to Tori and talk to her. Maybe she has, but Tori makes it sound like she hasn't. No matter how old we get we still want our parent's love and approval. Candy is being selfish. I couldn't imagine in a million years not having a relationship with my son.

And if Randy isn't having contact with Tori because he's afraid to upset his mother, well then he's just as bad. But we don't know what happened with him and Tori so it's hard to say who is to blame for them seeming to not have a relationship.

I would like to see Tori and Candy have at least an amicable relationship for the grandchildren but it seems Candy isn't going to budge on her "I'm right and she's wrong" attitude. They could probably benefit from some family counseling.

Tori is close to her uncle. I wonder if he keeps in contact with Randy and Candy and if maybe he could mediate.

I agree - even when parents and kids are all adults, it seems that a relationship would never really be fulfilling to the adult child if they are the ones that have to pursue it and reach out. After all, no matter how old you are, you want to feel loved and adored by your parents. You could chase and chase but you'd never get what you are after - love and acceptance (unconditional) from your parent.

I don't know the whole story (but the more we chat about it the more I think about buying that book!) but from what I understand I think Tori is best off without a relationship with her mother. Tori should keep Candy from contaminating her kids and family with weirdness.

The book is nicely written and an easy read. Tori explains why she feels the way she does and allows the reader to infer some things which I believe, she would like to tell about, but doesn't. She implies that Mark, a family friend, is somewhat responsible for Candy's behavior toward Tori and coming between Randy, Tori, and Candy. Specifically, Tori says that her mom came to the hospital when Liam was born because at that time, Candy was "broken-up" with Mark. Throughout the book, she mentions other incidences about him which are not always flattering.

Here' a story long ago which Tori brings up in her book. SFGate: Daily Dish : Spelling Rift 'Caused by Beverly Hills Businessman'

Tori does mention that's he's a convicted felon which is in one of the comments posted.
    Last edited by New Mommy; 07-21-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Tori will be writing a new book about motherhood. Hey, a girl has bills to pay and mouths to feed . I too wasn't a fan during her 90210 days but seeing her as a person and not the actress, I really like her. She seems like she'd be a lot of fun to hang out with.

Not that it would make the Candy/Mark affair any better - but wasn't there a story about Aaron carrying on a years long affair with one of his nurses? I can't remember much of the story now, but I swear there was something about a woman coming forward about an affair. Details are escaping me at the moment, but I seem to remember wondering why Tori wasn't very bothered by that affair - but was so angry about her mother's... only to then do the same thing to her husband at the time.

I have to laugh a little at myself for thinking this. When I see Tori with longer hair, all I can think of is "ugh, she drives me nuts!" Now that she has the shorter hair, its almost like she looks more human to me and I actually like her now. Of all things that change my mind, its her hair, lol! Maybe its just because I think she looks so much cuter with the shorter hair !

+ Reply to Thread