+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader

Jeff Foxworthy hosts this game show testing how much contestants have forgotten since grade school in such subjects as math, geography and social studies. Executive producers include Mark Burnett (“Survivor,” “The Apprentice”).

This show is killing me. Hopefully since we have a thread started now there will be a bunch of us in here tomorrow ragging on these nimrods.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Unk...I happened to catch this show after AI went off and I'm sorry to say that I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!!! Some of them I got right (REM, Mayflower) but for the life of me I had NO idea who was the 1st president to be impeached!

I have a feeling I would not do well on this show!!! And I tell you, Mark Burnett is going to take over the world!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I laughed my butt off, especially at the first guy. The college graduate, who majored in history that couldn't get a history question.

(I got all of the questions but the math one)

I was looking forward to this show and was disappointed that most of the questions (last night, anyway) revolved around American history/holidays/etc. I am definitely NOT smarter than an American 5th grader! Here's hoping for more math/physics/science questions in the future!

Also, I was disappointed in the pacing of the show. They got through what...5 questions last night? Speed it up and it may keep my attention.

The students were all very charming and seemed very comfortable on stage. How often will they change? I'm sure there will be future discussion on whether or not they're fed the answers...I hope not because I'd like to believe that the school system can actually produce the bright, intelligent and charming 10 year olds on this show.
    Don't let the small things sweat

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    It was an ok show, although there were way too many commercials. I knew most of the questions, although the triangle one threw me. I'm probably not smarter than a 5th grader, but I can guarantee that in 20 years they'll be just like me, forgetting everything they ever knew!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2259195;
    It was an ok show, although there were way too many commercials. I knew most of the questions, although the triangle one threw me. I'm probably not smarter than a 5th grader, but I can guarantee that in 20 years they'll be just like me, forgetting everything they ever knew!

well that's what the show is about. showing how we have forgotten almost everything we learnt in Jr high and high school.

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2258718;
    Unk...I happened to catch this show after AI went off and I'm sorry to say that I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader!!! Some of them I got right (REM, Mayflower) but for the life of me I had NO idea who was the 1st president to be impeached!

I have a feeling I would not do well on this show!!! And I tell you, Mark Burnett is going to take over the world!!!
    I, too didn't know the 1st President to be impeached. Had to look it up. I also didn't know that one about the triangle (something about 16 square inches with a base of 8 inches, how tall is the height?) or something like that. I never did good in Geometry so I had no clue. Even my husband got that one wrong and he's great at math. He messed it up because of the square inches. I knew the REM and the Mayflower, though. with that one, my husband actually said "The Nina, The Pinta and the Santa Maria?" I laughed at him and said "You goof! The Mayflower! The Nina the Pinta and the Santa Maria was Columbus." Guess he's not smarter than a 5th grader either.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I was able to answer all the questions corrcectly except for the impeached president. I thought Clinton was the first president to be impeached! I had forgotten all about Andrew Johnson.....and actually, Nixon too! Duh!

It was mentioned that the first guy graduated from UCLA...as a US history major and then went onto law school.

The next contestant was a woman. I heard them mention what grade school she went to, but did they say what high school or college she went to?

Anybody going to join me for a good laugh tonight?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast