+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader

I like this show was well. I think it would be fun though if the kids were not actors.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

After last night I'm convinced the contestants are actors as well. Starting next week it conflicts with Survivor so I won't have to watch it any more...

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar
    yeah, that blonde woman was unreal ... and i can't believe she walked away on that last question ... the easiest one! sheesh.

FORT Fan
    I can't believe she won $300,000 even though she didn't get that super easy last question. The question is which is the only continent that is also a country and she says all of them???!! This show is way too frustrating. I'm sure the 5th graders are given most or all of the answers. Game shows are very strict about not giving contestants the answers ahead of time, but there probably isn't a rule about giving "helpers" like these 5th grade kids the answers.

FORT Regular

A few things bother me about this show...

In addition to the pacing, there are far too many loopholes for the contestant to keep winning money. I can see one cheat, for the supposed grade of questions, but not the copy, the save, the peek, etc. How anyone can NOT walk away with a substantial amount of money is beyond me.

They've had some real idiots on so far who have still left with huge dollar amounts. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Make the contestants 'earn' the winnings. Don't just hand it to them on a silver platter.

And an hour is just too long for this show. Same with Deal or No Deal. It sometimes takes them the whole last half hour just to open 5 cases. This type of setup is going to get old real fast. Right now, I just tune in to the last 15 minutes of D o N D, because I can't be bothered wasting a full hour on it.

Smarter than a 5th Grader is going to bomb fast, if they don't change either the length of the show, or move the pace up a bit.

Re: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader

They just had their first million dollar winner. She is the superintendent of Georgia schools. It was pretty cool. They also have a new class of kids for the new season.

Well, after reading above that the kids were actors (which I had suspected anyway) and watching Bryce from the new class, I went on IMDB and sure enough he has a few credits. He just had too much stage presence and was a bit too self-assured to be new to the camera. I hope he calms down a bit during the season. A couple of the kids seemed a bit shy, so maybe they aren't all actors. I also found out something I'd never noticed - Jeff and the kids always where the same clothes, every week! I knew that Jeff did but thought it was kind of a "costume" for him; kinda like Jeff Probst wearing the same thing on all the earlier seasons of Survivor. I'll have to try and remember what they were wearing and see if it's true. :-)

And I'm glad that they finally gave away the million! And she's planning on donating the money to the school! I don't think I could be that generous. Some of it, maybe, but not all ....
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2293352;
    After last night I'm convinced the contestants are actors as well. Starting next week it conflicts with Survivor so I won't have to watch it any more...
    I know one of the former contestants. He is definitely not an actor

Gene Simmons is going to be on 5th Grader this Friday (8/7c). I am sooo excited, I love Gene!

Gene made it to the million dollar question.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast