+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Petra Nemcova is making her own "America’s Next Top Model"

CCL

Re: Petra Nemcova is making her own "America’s Next Top Model"

^ Yeah,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I was thinking that I recalled several mentions of the others being with Next and only one reference to Valeria. (I don't recall any references to Angelika, though. But maybe I'm blocking them out!). Which made me wonder (about Valeria). I did have this feeling they didn't sign Valeria but then there was that one reference to her being with Next. So I was all confused. And still am! As to why they wouldn't sign her.... I don't know. She's lovely. They've complained numerous times about Beatrice and they signed her!

As for the show tonight:

Good scenes at the fashion shows. I was surprised that Nicole Miller took the time to walk with Michelle down the runway. I would have thought she was too busy (and it's not like they were doing a general run through for all the models). I have a feeling that Nicole Miller and the producers of A Model Life came to an agreement that she would get exposure on the show as long as she picked one of the models to be in her show. And I guess that model was Michelle. There was probably a similar quid pro quo for the Chris Habana show (I did notice on his website that he gives a shout out to Karl, the makeup guy, so there's that connection as well). Jenni Kayne was probably also interested in the extra publicity as it was her first showing in New York.

Angelika, of course, knew everything about runway walking already. Because she is a pro and Valeria is not. That said, Angelika did walk well. Valeria was a bit sideways and I think the fact that her collar was also pulled sideways emphasized it even more. Michelle was ok, a bit stiff. Abi didn't actually have to walk so I can't rate her.
    Last edited by CCL; 08-24-2007 at 11:32 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

^
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I remember seeing Angelika's polas at Next NY on Modelwire; Valerija's the ONLY one I haven't heard ANYTHING about in relation to Next.

It made me so sad seeing Beatrice cry in the preview.

FORT Fogey

Okay, so, my guesses are that it's either Abi or Michelle who goes to London, Lucia who goes to Miami (though I could see it being Beatrice--maybe they'd want to train her/build her book in an easier, more commercial/swimsuit market before NYC, no?), Valerija who gets dropped ("Your pictures are pretty," etc.) and the rest who go to the Bahamas.

I can't stand Angelika (sp?), but I am torn--why does she have to be so freaking gorgeous???? Does Valeria really get dropped? That would be a sin, since she is one of my favorites. How can that happen? If anyone, I would say Angelika due to her attitude or Beatrice, since they seem to find something to pick about her every episode.

Deliciously capricious seldom_serenity's Avatar

I think it's Angelika that gets dropped because that guy didn't really sound like he cared and there was a lot of disdain in his voice when he said "good luck" and he doesn't like Angelika, I don't think he'd be so mean if it were someone nice and sweet like Valeria or Abigail.

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2544668;
    Okay, so, my guesses are that it's either Abi or Michelle who goes to London, Lucia who goes to Miami (though I could see it being Beatrice--maybe they'd want to train her/build her book in an easier, more commercial/swimsuit market before NYC, no?), Valerija who gets dropped ("Your pictures are pretty," etc.) and the rest who go to the Bahamas.
    I can see Beatrice being dropped before any of the others. She is not getting any positive critques at all from the new faces agents. Even during the group review with Petra and the Next CEO is sounded as if Beatrice had not improved at all in the 5 wks the girls have been in NYC and that Beatrice has a bit of an attitude that because she has been modeling a bit she already knows how to do it. Still her attitude is not as bad as Angelika's, but Angelika can walk and looks great in her photos and on the catwalk.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

OMG!

Beatrice is in Hong Kong. (I hope she builds her book and moves on to Tokyo, which is what most models do)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She's the girl who goes to Miami!
    She's going to Sydney to meet with Chic, soon. Her mother agency is in Singapore (I have no idea what it is, though--Looque?)
    Lucia is in Korea. She was previously in Singapore and Brazil.
    Michelle is still in NYC,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    but she was supposed to go to London
    Abi
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is in London

I love these girls.

Ew, I hate going through Myspaces. I hate it when people do it to me, lol.
    Last edited by mayukhers112; 08-25-2007 at 06:23 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2545623;
    OMG!

Beatrice is in Hong Kong. (I hope she builds her book and moves on to Tokyo, which is what most models do)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    She's the girl who goes to Miami!
    She's going to Sydney to meet with Chic, soon. Her mother agency is in Singapore (I have no idea what it is, though--Looque?)
    Lucia is in Korea. She was previously in Singapore and Brazil.
    Michelle is still in NYC,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    but she was supposed to go to London
    Abi
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is in London

I love these girls.

Ew, I hate going through Myspaces. I hate it when people do it to me, lol.
    Where did you find out all of this information?

FORT Fogey

On another forum. It's from the girls' Myspaces.

lol, I feel bad for them. They have, like, zero privacy, lol.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2545668;
    On another forum. It's from the girls' Myspaces.

lol, I feel bad for them. They have, like, zero privacy, lol.

LOL! Who has privacy these days anyways?? But it's interesting to know.

+ Reply to Thread