+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Petra Nemcova is making her own "America’s Next Top Model"

CCL

Re: Petra Nemcova is making her own "America’s Next Top Model"

^ I like her hair, personally.
    There's going to be only 7 episodes so it's a pretty short run. Maybe they will eliminate someone as the season progresses (if one of the models is really not working out) but they could all last the season. And is is true that only one of the models gets signed at the end? I thought they would sign whoever they thought was good enough, whether that be 1 or more of the models. I don't know why I think that though; maybe I read it somewhere?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by TopModelFan1;2477018;
    No one gets eliminated. At the very end of the show they pick one girl to get the contract with Next, but no one gets cut each week.
    Ya I know... but I'm so used to the format of the NTM shows I was waiting for someone to get cut.
    Renee: “You can think I’m mean, you can think I’m rude, but that’s my opinion, and I’m going to voice it.”

I prefer the way Petra runs A Model Life to the kangaroo court like atmosphere of ANTM and I think that Tammy Francis and Stephen Lee are more professional then their counterparts in ANTM. I can`t really pick a specific favorite although I prefer the following:Abaigail: Full lips,Valerie:tall Beatriz: full lips and other facial features. I have mixed feelings about all of the women. They behave more professionally then the women of ANTM but the most beautiful ANTM women are more beautiful then any of the contestants from A Model Life.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2477118;
    ^And is it true that only one of the models gets signed at the end? I thought they would sign whoever they thought was good enough, whether that be 1 or more of the models. I don't know why I think that though; maybe I read it somewhere?
    Yup. I don't think it's a contest where there's only one winner. The judge is the agency itself so if it deems fit to give a contract to as many girls it would give as many contract to as many girls. Like when Ford holds its Supermodel of the World or Elite its Model Look, they proclaim as many winners as they see fit. TLC is THE LEARNING CHANNEL so its aim is to educate whereas the CW is to draw ratings. So if the modeling world without the cheap drama of ANTM bores some people, they will not like this. I'm not saying that I don't like ANTM, but most of the "models" who join are not really high fashion types.

Quote Originally Posted by watts;2477932;
    Yup. I don't think it's a contest where there's only one winner. The judge is the agency itself so if it deems fit to give a contract to as many girls it would give as many contract to as many girls. Like when Ford holds its Supermodel of the World or Elite its Model Look, they proclaim as many winners as they see fit. TLC is THE LEARNING CHANNEL so its aim is to educate whereas the CW is to draw ratings. So if the modeling world without the cheap drama of ANTM bores some people, they will not like this. I'm not saying that I don't like ANTM, but most of the "models" who join are not really high fashion types.
    Something I had not thought of but you are right. This network is educational the CW is not. Bound to make a difference.
    "New World Order" is an oxymoron. I miss Sara(C6). I miss Lauren(C10).

New episode tonight
    Renee: “You can think I’m mean, you can think I’m rude, but that’s my opinion, and I’m going to voice it.”

FORT Fogey

So excited!

FORT Fanatic

Okay maybe it's just me but those two agency people bugged me. The nutritionist says the girls healthy perfect weight and so on and yet they say she needs to lose weight. This frustrates me because how is a person supposed to be healthy when they get two conflicting pieces of advice.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by mf1982;2484452;
    Okay maybe it's just me but those two agency people bugged me. The nutritionist says the girls healthy perfect weight and so on and yet they say she needs to lose weight. This frustrates me because how is a person supposed to be healthy when they get two conflicting pieces of advice.
    Well the BMI (that the nutritionist was using to determine the models' healthiness) is a bit controversial in that not everyone views it as an acccurate measure of a person's true health. Anyhow, most in the modelling world (unfortunately) only pay lip service to the idea of healthiness as being of paramount importance for a model. Look at what happened tonight: the agency people responded all enthusiastically about what the nutritionist said to Lucia but they still went ahead and said they wanted her to improve her body. As for Lucia, I think she is lovely, but she does have a bigger bottom - it was noticeable in the Nicole Miller outfit. Pretty much everyone in the modelling world is going to tell her that; I think the agents were quite nice to her about it (meaning how they said it to her/how they handled it). They were certainly nicer than that one agent was to Beatrice last week. Anyhow, I don't think it is so much about losing x amount of pounds for Lucia, more about toning that certain area, which is why they said they were going to have a trainer work with her and give her exercises for her body type. Speaking of weight - Michelle is 5'8" and 100 pounds. Oh my. And yet I'm sure the agency (and a lot of others) won't say anything to her about it. In fact, the agency guy said she looked nice in the lingerie though I thought she looked like skin and bones.

As for Angelika...it must be nice being so perfect and knowing everything already.
    Last edited by CCL; 07-20-2007 at 11:21 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fogey

Lucia's butt is pretty big for modeling. I think she needs to drop a few rather than tone up. JMO.

Beatrice won me over in this episode. Her beauty is undeniable.

LOL, ITA with almost everything you said, CCL.

My new rankings:
    1. Lucia
    2. Beatrice
    3. Michelle
    4. Valerija
    5. Angelika
    6. Abi

+ Reply to Thread