+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Agency

MSNBC: Models NYC - is MSNBC copying the Agency?

Monday, April 16th, at 10 PM MSNBC will have a 1 hour show on the real life of a model in a small agency named Q. I just saw and ad for it on the CW. I really don't know if it will be a special of an actual several ep show.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Re: The Agency

It'll be 6 episodes long, 1 hour each. The show isn't good at ALL, the production is cheap and the models aren't even close to high fashion.
    Top Models, Clear It Out~

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut Oil;2331471;
    It'll be 6 episodes long, 1 hour each. The show isn't good at ALL, the production is cheap and the models aren't even close to high fashion.
    Surprise, surprise I was taking a break and channel surfing and I saw it and it is much more documentary style. I watched about 10 minutes and it was about this girl who is now 29 and doing a lot of catalog work. Amazing how much money you can make for a catalog. They were quoting $10,000 a day.

In regards to 'high fashion' models. Not everyone can do that. There must be tons of guys and girls who do fittings (as per the Agency, that's all one of their male models was doing and he was making $100,000 - $200,000) There is work for all types. It is a short lived career and becoming a high fashion model is akin to making the Olympic team. Only a few make it and even then only one can win the gold medal. Probably a very similiar comparison to modeling.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know about modeling, I just much prefer high fashion to commercial. And compared to Wilhelmina, Q is just..nothing.
    Top Models, Clear It Out~

Quote Originally Posted by endia;2312480;
    I don't get how these overweight average to below average looking people like pink and becky can be so insulting towards all these pretty models about their looks. It's just so ironic. lol
    Nothing new there. Except for Tom Ford (who himself used to be a model) I can't think of one faishon designer, male or female, who meets the standards that they dictate on the runway.

I really love this show. I'd be really bummed if this show doesn't come back for a second season.

I really loved Robin, one of the models. I'm so glad they got rid of Becky, she was annoying.

FORT Fogey

Is The Agency coming back?

I wish it would, I love the model reality shows...But MSNBC seems to be committed to child predator shows these days...

FORT's Fiercest!!! Ruairidh1992's Avatar
    Apparently Becky is working at Trump Models NY which is a much better agency, good for her I'm sure there wil be models that actually meet to her standards there.
    NOT(!) a Dominique fan*~

FORT Fogey

Where'd you hear that Ruairidh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast