View Poll Results: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Voters
120. You may not vote on this poll
  • Changing Rooms

16 13.33%
  • Trading Spaces

43 35.83%
  • While You Were Out

15 12.50%
  • Christopher Lowell

0 0%
  • Designer's Challenge

9 7.50%
  • Designing for the Sexes

3 2.50%
  • Ground Force

4 3.33%
  • Other

30 25.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

What is your favorite DECORATING/DESIGN SHOW?

Cast a vote for your favorite Home Decorating, Design, or DIY show!

I love them all, but my personal favorite will remain Changing Rooms. It's the show that first got me hooked on this TV genre to begin with--and you gotta love Handy Andy, the inimitable Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen, and the host, Carol, is wonderful!

So, what's your fave and why?
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 03-10-2003 at 06:11 AM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I had to go with Changing Rooms too.
    For me it's the original and best.

Some of the shows you listed I don't get up here in Canada.
    I don;t really like While you were out as I find I rarely like the rooms and the carpenter is a whiny beyotch who makes loads of mistakes.

We have a show up here called Designer Guys which I love.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    I voted for Designers Challenge. I like seeing the different takes on how to do over one room, and then seeing the dramatic changes. It's more "entertainment" than diy, but I do like it.

Changing Rooms is great too. Especially the episodes with LLB, who I lust after greatly.

I like Dewsigning for the Sexes too, but you can tell Michael is usually working with a huge budget at his disposal which often takes some of the edge off the show for me.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I really like Sensible Chic too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff: what are Designing Guys & Sensible Chic? I feel like I'm missing out!!! Also, I agree w/ you that the carpenter on WYWO makes an awful lot of mistakes (maybe I'm too forgiving cuz I think he's cute), but like I said in the other thread I like the new host Teresa, and I'm so into the concept of being able to give a special surprise to someone you love. I looked into applying for the show to do a room for my mother, however there's some legal problem in that I'm not the actual owner of the home.

Eden: yes LLB is absurdly sexy and sophisticated! Do you know if it's true that they were trying to get him to host a Dec show out here in the States? :
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I like Changing Room, of course! Although I do not receive BBC America anymore (no more DirecTV), when I was watching it regularly, it was not captioned at all whatsoever. But that did not deter me from watching it, it just was so much fun watching the reactions of people when they see rooms, sometimes outrageous designs!

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by fluff

I love Designer Guys! They are so much fun and I love 99% of the rooms they redo! I also love Chris Sabados's DIY projects!

But I had to go with Trading Spaces...It was the first show of this kind that I watched and it got me hooked!!

Originally posted by fluff

We have it here in Singapore too! I wake up early every saturday just to catch it. I love the designs that they come up with, it's so classy.

Hmmm... Angel, isn't the DIY section hosted by Steven Sabados? The other guy is Chris Hymen. I really like Steven, think he's really cute
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

FORT Regular
    Originally posted by raindance

Hmmm... Angel, isn't the DIY section hosted by Steven Sabados? The other guy is Chris Hymen. I really like Steven, think he's really cute
    You are right!! I got their first names mixed up! Thanks!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast